It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump warns Iran

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: introvert

a reply to: introvert

Apparently I support rape and murder now. *eye roll* I guess anything goes these days. Forget facts and polite discourse. Just slander and accuse until the opposition shuts up.

Well, do we expect any different?

At least one of the people engaging you on this issue has become known for lying and trolling like a pigeon on a chessboard when their arguments do not add up or cannot come up with a better, decent argument.

Anything to defend their idiocy and fearless leader.

I'm really at my wits end with ATS these days. It has fallen VERY far. I used to have a lot of respect for the discourse and adherence to proving your point here, but now it is just political trolling all day, every day. The very stuff that makes me hate politics so fervently that I stayed politically unaligned for most of my 20's. This site is just becoming an extension of r/The_Donald (just with slightly less stupid memes) and it's getting sickening. I've noticed while I spend my time lurking here that liberal posters are becoming more and more of a rarity on here these days. So I'm probably not the only one who is coming to this conclusion either.

Thank god .... Maybe we can get back to normal once teh cry babies all leave..

Yeah. That makes sense. I TOTALLY expect you to be wanting this site to be an echo chamber where no one challenges your beliefs.

No iexpect there to be alot less OMG Trump used caps threads..

LOL and ate Ice cream.. and tweted something.

You guys have ruined the site..

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I love the panic this tweet caused, OMG WE'RE GOING TO WAR WITH IRAN. Same # they said about North Korea, and were wrong.

When are they gonna learn?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

a reply to: notsure1

No. She used an expression that describes blindless conformity to describe another poster on ATS. If you think the mere act of calling someone a monkey makes them racist then you don't understand the history behind the racial implications of the word.

Funny, Roseanne got accused of being racist for using that exact term, all the while saying she didn’t mean it in a racist way. And she still was fired for it.

How is saying the expression, "Monkey see, monkey do" the same as saying this "If the “muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.”?

link   

Apparently I support rape and murder now. *eye roll* I guess anything goes these days. Forget facts and polite discourse. Just slander and accuse until the opposition shuts up.

At least one of the people engaging you on this issue has become known for lying and trolling like a pigeon on a chessboard when their arguments do not add up or cannot come up with a better, decent argument.

I'm really at my wits end with ATS these days. It has fallen VERY far. I used to have a lot of respect for the discourse and adherence to proving your point here, but now it is just political trolling all day, every day. The very stuff that makes me hate politics so fervently that I stayed politically unaligned for most of my 20's. This site is just becoming an extension of r/The_Donald (just with slightly less stupid memes) and it's getting sickening. I've noticed while I spend my time lurking here that liberal posters are becoming more and more of a rarity on here these days. So I'm probably not the only one who is coming to this conclusion either.

Thank god .... Maybe we can get back to normal once teh cry babies all leave..

Yeah. That makes sense. I TOTALLY expect you to be wanting this site to be an echo chamber where no one challenges your beliefs.

No iexpect there to be alot less OMG Trump used caps threads..

LOL and ate Ice cream.. and tweted something.

You guys have ruined the site..

Yeah. Instead there will be more OMG Hillary threads

link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: angeldoll

Well, someone should have told me. If Iranian was Arabic then, it's Arabic now. You just called an Arabic people "monkeys."

TheRedneck

Actually Arabs and Persians are different.

link   
Iranians are Caucasian. Not African American.

1950's

Could be a campus at Berkley...

This guy was in charge before Islam

See anything different about the women...this is Iran today

This does not look like Black Lives Matter

This is not about race. This is about leadership and I for one am sick of a country that constantly calls for our destruction to be allowed to do it so openly.

Remember NK started with a tweet like this....

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
We are all manipalated and brainwashed to not even question these sociopaths that run our countries and planet!

Amazing how the few can control so many!

As a race, we have a long way to go!

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I am accusing you of being a racist, under the exact same rules used to determine I am a racist. Welcome to the club... sorry it's so crowded.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Now you know how the rest of us felt during the eight years when every syllable uttered was an excuse to denigrate us. You throw stones, expect to get some thrown back.

Sucks, don't it? Sorry, it's your turn.

TheRedneck

Well that pretty much encapsulates the entirety of the state of politics in America today.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I am accusing you of being a racist, under the exact same rules used to determine I am a racist. Welcome to the club... sorry it's so crowded.

TheRedneck

They've reduced it to the point where "racist" is meaningless. Everyone is racist. Even they are starting to realize this now, they've moved on to calling everyone they disagree with a Russian bot

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This thread has been enlightening to say the least.

For two Gd years Trumps haters have snipped about Russia, and used 24/7 nonstop propaganda on us.

Then flip their dipsticks about a tweet.

'Murica.

Eff Yeah.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

What? We didn't bow to them, give them plane load of cash and let them capture a patrol boat of ours?

Iran's theocracy will fall......by its own citizens.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

98% of the time I disagree with you, but I agree with your reply above. ATS is way different now than when I joined @ fifteen years ago. I originally cane here as an escape from the political tripe. But the most popular threads now come from the Political forums, and I am guilty of involving myself with these menial arguments. But I just chalk it up to popularity of current event and the world changing at a pace where my interests are other places. To me ATS is becoming more and more like that other three letter website in trivialty without the cursing.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I feel the same way. It's not about people disagreeing, as that is expected. It's the stupid lengths they go to.

They really must think we are stupid, or are stupid enough to believe what they say.

It was never like that until the primaries came around and it's only snowballed from there.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

As my allotted time here draws short, I want to make the following statement:

Many years ago, when ATS Live! was active, I made an innocent (I thought!) comment comparing the two Presidential candidates, Obama and Romney, to monkeys... "Monkey 1 and Monkey 2" were the exact words used. I was thrown off the show because of my "racism." That comment was in no way more heinous than the one made here.

The rules do not change because someone who breaks them wants them to. They didn't take into consideration the context of my statement, and I will in no way consider the context of anyone else's statement. There are now two more members of the racism club, and I will not, cannot absolve them of their own statements.

I have lived my entire life not caring about the color of another person's skin. I treat all people I meet as equals, until they prove by their actions that they do not deserve my respect. Yet, I was censured. Now, it's too damn late to be crying foul. You said it; you own it. Thankfully for you, being a racist no longer means what it once meant. If it did, there might be more serious consequences than humiliation.

Understand this, though... every post you make from this point on complaining about someone else's choice of words I will now consider pure, unadulterated hypocrisy. You are now racists and have no room to complain about anyone else. This is what happens when you hold others to standards you, yourself cannot hold to.

TheRedneck

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 7/23/2018 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

You are not the only one coming to that conclusion.

I see it as well.

It is becoming mostly a right wing pro trump circle jerk.
Pretty evident.

Maga

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I''ve come to roughly the same conclusion. I still check out various threads, mostly in the education/social issues forums, but I'm 99% done with the political discussions here.

The quality of the posters has gone down. Even people who used to be good posters have turned to nothing more than trolling out of blind support for their special guy.

How can you discuss things with people who have no principles but instead just blindly support whatever the administration does, even when the administration is taking contradictory actions from day to day?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Trump Idolatry Syndrome

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Putin’s poodle (aka the Wussy in Chief) is just trying to look tough after his disasterous lap dance in Helsinki.
It’s his typical deflection tactic. His minions will lick it up and beg for more, no doubt.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join