It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 injured after shooting on Toronto’s Danforth; shooter dead

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Canadian officials have identified the man responsible for a mass shooting in Toronto as Faisal Hussain.

Don't read anything into the name. He was light skinned and crazy. End of story. If there is more to it, we'll never know.

I don't suppose he mentioned Aloha Snack-bar?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

Canadian officials have identified the man responsible for a mass shooting in Toronto as Faisal Hussain.

Don't read anything into the name. He was light skinned and crazy. End of story. If there is more to it, we'll never know.

In the UK they would describe him as "Asian".

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

"Light skinned" is relative, he was darker than me. More medium.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I find it odd that nobody is talking about this shooting as well, at least much in the US Media. Is it because we like to think of Canada as this nice place, free of guns? Is it because the shooter doesn't fit the "typical" troubled, young, white male?

I brought this up the other day with someone in another place. My liberal friends all share mass shootings on social media that involve straight white guys who might fit the Republican profile. My conservative friends share the shootings that involve any other type of shooter. The way we share information is dangerous, and leads to tribe mentality. I have liberal friends who truly believe that no single mass shooter has ever been a Democrat ...

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The shooters name was Faisal Hussain ( might have the spelling on the last name wrong ) .. and he was Muslim.

He lived next door to a Mosque near Greek town. Odd that he would target Orthodox Greek businesses only 🤔.

His parents are saying he suffers from mental illness... but .. he was dressed in similar fashion to Jihadists , and many think there is an affiliation.
edit on 24-7-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Don't read anything into the name. He was light skinned and crazy. End of story.

Yeah and he wasn't Muslim and Arab too, right? End of story my ass. Reach your own conclusions alone and don't shove PC idiocy up anyone's throat.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
a reply to: hombero

heavy.com... yeah psychosis and depression still lived with his parents and no clear motive on if he personally knew any of the victims

This type doesn’t need to know any of their victims or even have a motive. They could be depressed and figure this is their fast track out of here to 72 virgins . They have been brainwashed to consider themselves heroes and most likely have a secret death wish.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   
i suspect there are a few reasons why people especially anti-gun nuts are not talking about this like whenever a shooting happens in the US. the fact is this case would appear to blow just about every common sense gun laws excuse right out of the water.

first off Canada is the country they love to use as an example of shining light about gun control and how well it works. yet even though handguns are heavily restricted, take a lot of extra jumping through hoops to get. things like extra safety training on top of the safety training already needed to own a non restricted firearm. extra background checks. and even for normal guns part of the background check deals with mental health, especially depression and has for well over 30 years (one question being specifically asked even 30 years ago was "have you been suicidal or depressed within 5 years", even questions about having any relationship breakup, which counts against you, for a similar time period. a friend was refused because being a young adult he had had a girlfriend break up with him well over a year beforehand, just like any normal person has at that age). you normally must be a member of a gun club to be allowed to receive a restricted firearms permit. and carry permits are almost impossible to get, unless your job requires you to carry a firearm such as a police officer. you will not get a carry permit even for a valid fear for your life. you can only shoot handguns at a RCMP approved shooting range. you can not even on your own land. to even transport your handgun to an approved shooting range, gun smith, retailer etc. from the place it is registered to be at, requires notifying the police and going the most direct route there and back, following all the rules and regulations to do so. and storing such firearms is also an issue. to own a handgun going back about 30 years ago a friend had to belong to a gun club (very expensive in many cases), as well as have the gun safe securely bolted to the building he lived in, as well as have it inspected, as part of the application process before his application was even considered. this shows that just about everything that the anti-gun nuts want to put into place did absolutely NOTHING to stop this person. heavy gun restrictions and rules did nothing. they are saying that this shooter was mentally disturbed and depressed for years. which means the wanting of anyone with any mental health issues or depression not being allowed to own a gun, also did not STOP this shooter. now i have not heard anything about the legal status of the gun used. but i would be willing to bet that it was not a legal gun. which yet again blows their common sense gun laws out of the water, since it yet again shows criminals just ignore laws, and will not stop these things. on the other hand if it was a legal gun it just shows how those common sense gun laws don't work.

next it also blows another almost religious democrat/liberal dogma out of the water. one that they have tried to tie into the gun debate. that being socialized healthcare. yet again the love to hold up Canada's failing social healthcare as a shining light, that the US needs to emulate. especially mental healthcare. yet the family of the perpetrator has come out and said that he was suffering from

"severe mental health challenges, struggling with psychosis and depression his entire life. the interventions of professionals were unsuccessful. medications and therapy were unable to treat him."

torontosun.com...

so not only is there no way he should have been able to legally own any gun with the gun laws that they want in the US dealing with mental health. but it also shows that Canada's healthcare is no better than that in the US at stopping these things. in fact the typical way mental healthcare is treated under the socialized healthcare in Canada is a 5-10 minute interview with a psychiatrist, then put onto dangerous medications to deal with it. while phycology IS available, you or your private health insurance need to pay those expensive fees in at least Ontario where this took place. and just like the services of a phycologist, medication is also not covered by the socialized healthcare. leaving those expensive costs of those medications to be paid for by the person, or their private health insurance they can choose to buy. we really do not know in this case from what the family said, if they or their private medical insurance paid for extra help with his mental problems like phycology, or if they were buying the meds that would have been best to try to treat his conditions. or if they had to do with the cheap in and out psychiatrist, paid for by the socialized medical system. and prescribing medications that the family could afford, that may not have been the best medications to treat him, since they may not have been able to afford the help he needed. it would seem that the reality is that Canada's socialized healthcare is no better, and may actually be even worse than the healthcare system in the US. since it seems that in both cases, it is up to the person, or the private health insurance they need o buy on their own is needed to treat mental problems. and even then it may be no guarantee of actually helping a person.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1337Kph

Don't read anything into the name. He was light skinned and crazy. End of story.

Yeah and he wasn't Muslim and Arab too, right? End of story my ass. Reach your own conclusions alone and don't shove PC idiocy up anyone's throat.

Same can be said for those who want to force their bigotry and hateful attitudes onto others...

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

Walls of text, but worth reading!!!!

My tinfoil hat is going crazy with this one.
News.com.au (don't go there) reported first, but they reported the gunman got away.

It was about half hour later that the link I provided in the OP said they killed the guy.

Poor guy, his last name was even Hussein and he couldn't make the front page.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: 1337Kph

Same can be said for those who want to force their bigotry and hateful attitudes onto others...

Some people are actually concerned with facts and it has nothing to do with bigotry or hate.
Some Muslims are terrorists and they live in many parts of this world.

If you want to live with your head in the sand... remember you won’t see who’s screwing you from behind.🤨

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Whatever some white people are serial killers and live in many parts of the world, are you not also worried about them... I'm not going to live my life in constant fear of a boogie man, however you can feel free to do so.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I lived next door to a Muslim mother from Pakistan , who lived with her two adult sons, in an apartment building.
One day I hear terrible screaming from the oldest son to his mother. He’s angry because she has thrown one of his new large knife purchases in the garbage. He is screaming at the top of his lungs to his mother “ I’m going to rape you and f*** up your life for good !”.

I was floored.. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing , so I went next door and banged on the door. The lil jerk answered and I looked him straight in the eye and said “ This is how you talk to your mother who puts a roof over your head and food in your mouth”. Neither of the sons worked, and seemed like thugs to me.

The mom immediately comes over to my apartment after and proceeds to tell me her son suffers from mental illness. I wanted to scream at her “ No, your son is not mentally ill.. your culture is mentally ill !!!” .. but I didn’t.. she’d been screamed at enough that day.

They are taught to use mental illness as an excuse for cultural behaviour that is not acceptable.That makes me sick to my stomach.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Whatever some white people are serial killers and live in many parts of the world, are you not also worried about them... I'm not going to live my life in constant fear of a boogie man, however you can feel free to do so.

I’m not living in constant fear of the boogie man. But if the boogie man seems to show up in the same costume too often, you can be sure I’ll be aware of that fact.

Their culture will never be able to assimilate with ours.. and it is a dangerous culture, especially for women.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I agree they will never assimilate to our culture, they have their own it's different and incompatible, in this globally linked world we either learn to live and let live or we end up at war, I'm more of a live and let live kind of guy.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I agree they will never assimilate to our culture, they have their own it's different and incompatible, in this globally linked world we either learn to live and let live or we end up at war, I'm more of a live and let live kind of guy.

I’m all for live and let live.. but if they want to mutilate young women’s genitalia, stone people to death, rape their women, then blame it on them, throw gays off buildings, then they can damn well live in their own country and not mine.

I didn’t even get into the terrorist acts committed against totally innocent people 😡.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   

How about serial killers and pedophiles, you have them living in your country yet I see no complaints about them, why the selective outrage

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   

How about serial killers and pedophiles, you have them living in your country yet I see no complaints about them, why the selective outrage

Oh , I have plenty of complaints about them as well, but this thread is about the Toronto shooting, and the back story behind it.

That was a stupid statement ,by the way.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
The shooters name was Faisal Hussain ( might have the spelling on the last name wrong ) .. and he was Muslim.

He lived next door to a Mosque near Greek town. Odd that he would target Orthodox Greek businesses only 🤔.

His parents are saying he suffers from mental illness... but .. he was dressed in similar fashion to Jihadists , and many think there is an affiliation.

Well, you know, it won't be terrorism unless they find his Islamic State membership card.

These people are #ing naive.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

I’m all for live and let live.. but if they want to mutilate young women’s genitalia, stone people to death, rape their women, then blame it on them, throw gays off buildings, then they can damn well live in their own country and not mine.

I didn’t even get into the terrorist acts committed against totally innocent people 😡.

Well said.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join