It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Without evidence, Trump claims documents confirm misconduct

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

President Donald Trump asserted without evidence Sunday that newly released documents relating to the wiretapping of his onetime campaign adviser Carter Page “confirm with little doubt” that intelligence agencies misled the court that approved the warrant.

But lawmakers from both political parties said that the documents don’t show wrongdoing and that they even appear to undermine some previous claims by top Republicans on the basis for obtaining a warrant against Page.

Visible portions of the heavily redacted documents, released Saturday under the Freedom of Information Act, show the FBI telling the court that Page “has been collaborating and conspiring with the Russian government.” The agency also told the court that “the FBI believes Page has been the subject of targeted recruitment by the Russian government.”

The 'witch hunt' narrative keeps falling apart. The President tried to spin things around today, in his tweet, but every time he does that he has less and less people falling for it.

The release appears to undercut some of the contentions in a memo prepared by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Devin Nunes earlier this year. Nunes, R-Calif., and other Republicans had said that anti-Trump research in a dossier prepared by former British intelligence agent Christopher Steele and paid for by Democrats was used inappropriately to obtain the warrant on Page.

While the documents confirm that the FBI relied, in part, on information from Steele to obtain the initial warrant, they also show how the FBI informed the court of his likely motivation.

Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff of California, a ranking member on the House Intelligence Committee, said the documents detail “just why the FBI was so concerned that Carter Page might be acting as an agent of a foreign power.”

“It was a solid application and renewals signed by four different judges appointed by three different Republican presidents,” Schiff said on ABC’s “This Week.”

Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida also broke with Trump, saying he didn’t think the FBI did anything wrong in obtaining warrants against Page.

“I have a different view on this issue than the president and the White House,” Rubio said Sunday on CBS’ “Face the Nation.” ″They did not spy on the campaign from anything and everything that I have seen. You have an individual here who has openly bragged about his ties to Russia and Russians.”

Associates and managers in the campaign getting indicted, Russian military agents charged, a Russian female spy arrested days before she could flee the country, documents getting released showing good cause for the wiretaps and yet, the President's Twitter account keeps pushing out the 'witch hunt' propaganda like a broken record. At this point, most legislators, both Republican and Democrat, have sided with the FBI and the intelligence agencies in calling the investigation valid. I don't even read Fox News calling it that any more, leaving the term 'witch hunt' only to the President's tweets and to less credible websites.

The documents released Saturday include the FBI’s October 2016 request to surveil Page and several renewal applications. It marks the first time in the more than 40-year history of the highly-secretive court that underlying documents for a warrant have been released.

Associated Press

Edit: AP changed the title of the article and added some new paragraphs on the top. I will leave the original title but the new title is "After a week of walkbacks, Trump returns to Russia doubting"
edit on 22-7-2018 by Kharron because: title note

+29 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Trump knows what's going on.

You're kidding yourself, Admiral Rodgers told Trump every single detail of what happened.

Trump is playing like he's just learning things, but if you pay attention, he's been hinting at what's coming far before it comes and the media always claims he's making it up.

edit on 22/7/18 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

The President tried to spin things around today, in his tweet, but every time he does that he has less and less people falling for it.

It seems like you're confusing things here.

The media, including your source, are the ones spinning things around, and the more they try the more people are walking up.

But you already know that, right?

The #walkaway movement is real.

edit on 22/7/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Pretty sure that POTUS has the UNREDACTED Version.....

Question is... Will POTUS allow that version to be released to the public, so we can see the application in it's entirety...

Again, we wait

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
How the hell do these pundits or you know there is no evidence when 60% of the damm thing was redacted??

edit on 22-7-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

The President tried to spin things around today, in his tweet, but every time he does that he has less and less people falling for it.

It seems like you're confusing things here.

The media, including your source, are the ones spinning things around, and the more they try the more people are walking up.

But you already know that, right?

The #walkaway movement is real.

Oh, leave the poor poster to his fantasy world, where the media and himself knows more about classified intel than the President does.

Not like he has access to an unredacted version, after all.

The redacted version also pretty much says that Christopher Steele was the source of that claim and that the FBI considered him a "trusted source", without saying that they fired him earlier for leaking to the press details of the dossier which he himself said in a London court were unconfirmed.

No, just let the left narrative keep spinning and spinning while more rational people read things like this, shake their heads and #walkaway.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Your source is garbage. The author does nothing to show how and why the POTUS makes a claim. He is the POTUS and is privy to things you or your biased AP don't know about.

edit on 22-7-2018 by Arnie123 because: Hmmm

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
How the hell do these pundits or you know there is no evidence when 60% of the damm thing was redacted??

it doesn't.

These leftist are indoctrinated to take media as fact and don't realize they are being trolled by seasoned trolling experts.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The left has a shovel in both hands and they just keep on digging..

Once you wake up and realize how they used you like little drones you are all gonna feel like idiots.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
The left has a shovel in both hands and they just keep on digging..

Once you wake up and realize how they used you like little drones you are all gonna feel like idiots.

Technically, the typical citizen on the left is the Borg now.

They are never going to feel like idiots.

They will just take the next set of DNC talking points, digest them and then vomit them on everyone all day long.

Everyone has their job in the hive, after all...

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Trump claims this.

Ananimous sources claim that.

Narratives keep falling apart; people cry; the sky falls.

I just have one question... How long will the Mueller team allow the manchurian president continue in office?

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
he's been pretty accurate, granted he's been WAY ahead of the media so it doesn't make sense at the time but thus far his track record has been pretty solid

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Trump claims this.

I just have one question... How long will the Mueller team allow the manchurian president continue in office?

You act as though they have something to hang on him.

They already said he was no longer the topic of the investigation.

Sorry to ruin your world.

But! They will certainly keep this going to hopefully influence the midterms!!!

You know, influencing the result of an election. Stuff the Dems do well.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Trump claims this.

No I'm acting like I'm tried of the endless back and forth.

If they have something to hang on him than it's time for a hanging ... if they don't it's time for them to be hung out to dry.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

Question is... Will POTUS allow that version to be released to the public, so we can see the application in it's entirety...

Again, we wait

How can you be so sure when the article in the OP and the President's own tweet say it is a redacted version? It's 5th paragraph down in the article and, here I found the actual tweet for us:

He's commenting on the exact same thing everyone is, he just likes to push his agenda whenever he can, even when it conflicts with facts.

edit on 22-7-2018 by Kharron because: typo

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Trump claims this.

No I'm acting like I'm tried of the endless back and forth.

If they have something to hang on him than it's time for a hanging ... if they don't it's time for them to be hung out to dry.

Quoted for Truth!

If he is guilty, get him out. If he isn't, for the love of god stop tearing the country apart.

America has better things to do, more things to accomplish, ways to go forward without all this.

Hat tip to you!

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
Trump knows what's going on.

You're kidding yourself, Admiral Rodgers told Trump every single detail of what happened.

Trump is playing like he's just learning things, but if you pay attention, he's been hinting at what's coming far before it comes and the media always claims he's making it up.

I don't think it makes much difference to him if it's Admiral Rodgers or Colonel Sanders that tells him stuff, he's not going to listen to anyone but himself. But that's part of The Strategy, right?

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I'll tell y'all a secret. It's pretty logic what's happening in America and what happened since before the 2016 elections.

Obama ordered the FBI/DOJ to spy on Trump and they inserted plants on his campaign (Page and Manafort) with ties to the Russians to justify the FISA warrants.

That was the "collusion". It's not Trump and Putin meeting. This is called diplomacy. It happens with many world leaders. If you live outside America or if you're not biased anti-Trump at all you can see that.

This push-up narrative from the alt-left media should be enough for you to see that something's wrong.

I know, sometimes we think that we are SO CERTAIN of what's going on that we ignore all evidences claiming otherwise.

But I'll tell you that, more evidences are coming into light that this was rigged and many key players was part of that. I know that the left-extremists of this site will just ignore this as they always do and stick to their beliefs, but don't tell us we didn't warned you later.

#justwalkaway

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

Again, we wait

How can you be so sure when the article in the OP and the President's own tweet say it is a redacted version? It's 5th paragraph down on the article and, here I found the actual tweet for us:

He's commenting on the exact same thing everyone is, he just likes to push his agenda whenever he can, even when it conflicts with facts.

Imagine that a politician who likes to push an agenda... just think how bad it's going to get when they all start doing that.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

This is why they told the world it was impossible to rig the election. Because they were doing it.

AND THE IDIOTS STILL LOST...

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join