It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Clinton be president ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I've been aware of Clinton since, oh the late 70's, I believe. About the time I started working in the Democratic party. Couldn't vote, at that time, but I worked in the party.

I listened. I read. Clinton is not a mystery to me. So, something tells me, I know as much, if not more, than you do.

She is very much a finger in the wind politician--which makes her just like all the rest. She is nothing special. Never was. She rode coat-tails. Without Bill, she'd have made no impact at any level other than local, or possibly state.

Feel free to disagree, don't care. She'll never be President. Even were she young enough to withstand the rigors of campaigning, her health may not be good enough. I don't think it is...though that's between her and her doctor. Frankly, she should call it a career...she's had her moments--more than most, but she's not the future of my party, she's, I hope, very much the past. Though I have reason to doubt it'll improve much.
edit on 7/23/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

would I dont care suffice? HIllary and mialnia are not worth electing to anything. Hill dog was also involved in whitewater. once a financial conman always a financial con man oh exscuse me con woman.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: amazing

A little more "presidential" than Trump in that she would hold to manners and decorum, and stay off twitter etc, but I just don't think she's a good person.

A little?

Who in high level politics is squeaky clean?

That is never going to happen.

That's true, I just think we can have better candidates.

I once thought as you do.

I still have idealistic thoughts - - - but, hard core reality is different.

You have to have the power first, before you can make changes.

Look at all the changes Trump is trying to make (right or wrong). He can do that, because he has the power.

IMO - Hillary would be a hard core reality president - - who's voting record is closer to my own ideology. She is tough as nails.

Promoting people with the ideologies you and I prefer - - would have a better chance if Hillary was president.

Tough as nails? She’s a physical wreck. Falling, fainting, concussions, broken bones, violent coughing fits, etc. FDR in a wheel chair laughs at her.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

She is very much a finger in the wind politician-

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

A little more "presidential" than Trump in that she would hold to manners and decorum, and stay off twitter etc, but I just don't think she's a good person.

A little?

I once thought as you do.

I still have idealistic thoughts - - - but, hard core reality is different.

You have to have the power first, before you can make changes.

Look at all the changes Trump is trying to make (right or wrong). He can do that, because he has the power.

IMO - Hillary would be a hard core reality president - - who's voting record is closer to my own ideology. She is tough as nails.

Promoting people with the ideologies you and I prefer - - would have a better chance if Hillary was president.

Tough as nails? She’s a physical wreck. Falling, fainting, concussions, broken bones, violent coughing fits, etc. FDR in a wheel chair laughs at her.

Sensationalism is not your friend.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Projection on what never was?

That's what a claim of Hillary not making a mark on her own is.

However, you can't erase her involved experience.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
No.

If she runs again, no.

I don't trust the Clinton Crime Syndicate including Chelsea.

They're all dirty and everyday I hope to wake up and read the news headlines that she's been indicted or arrested.

Funny enough Bill has enough intelligence to keep his mouth generally shut these days. Must need the energy to shag the hookers.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Umm no, not because I dislike "her" but more just what she brings with her

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

A little?

edit on 23-7-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

A little?

Ha. I just saw that on my facebook feed but...

I'm still voting third party if I don't like the Candidate. Never vote against someone, vote for someone.

The lessor of two evils philosophy has gotten us into the mess we're in.

The only way to change is to change and politically that's voting third party. With every vote they get more power, and recognition, and more ballot access and even more support.

I keep hearing you say, that we can't throw away votes and that we can only vote for change when we have the power to make a difference. But that power never comes unless we do something about it.

If the Democratic Party forces another "Establishment" Candidate like Hillary on us, i'm not voting for them again. Kamala Harris comes to mind.

Not only this but I'm telling everyone I know to vote third party. My sister voted third party last time as well. It's a growing trend.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Still naive and worthless.

Better to get higher power in charge that will support lesser parties you want.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

A little?

Yes, Yes, Yes!

Please Run Hillary!

Hillary / Bush 2020

Hillary / Waters 2020

Hillary / Ocasio-Cortez 2020

Go! Go! Go!
edit on 23-7-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Which ones ?.....Hmm...

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Did this Guy Deserve to be President ? In Retrospect , a Question for the Brainwashed who Visit this Site.....

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

NO

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

With that criteria.

Yall vote for Stalin,Hitler,Mao,Che,Chavez.

Anybody but Trump!
edit on 24-7-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

With that criteria.

Yall vote for Stalin,Hitler,Mao,Che,Chavez.

Anybody but Trump!

Oh, the dramatics.

Extremist much?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Well here's the problem with that. I could be wrong, but all movements were deemed naive and worthless at some point. From freeing the slaves, to getting out from under british rule, to women's right to vote, to MLKs marches, to ending the Vietnam War etc.

They were all told to wait until conditions were ripe for change otherwise their labors were going to be for nothing and worthless. They were laughed at and made fun of.

Change has to start somewhere. You can't just wait for change to magically happen. Life doesn't work like that.

When you vote third party, you accomplish several things. You give them more name recognition. You give them easier ballot access. You get the national media talking about them. You give the third parties motivation to keep going. You show other people that there are other alternatives with your actions. You literally give them more power and make them bigger. Eventually they'll be gaining national offices. But you don't sit there and wait for it to happen you have to start now.

Now, let's talk about Hillary and the DNC. You may think they're more likely to make it easier for third parties to get into office, but they're not. The primary proved that. They're already working at undermining the Green Party, accusing them of Russian Collusion as well. Look it up. They're also undermining progressive candidates who aren't hand picked by the DNC.

I'm not a republican or even a stereotypical conservative but the Republican party actually let's a third party (Libertarians) debate with them, has the fringe (Tea Party/Progressives are the fringe but still part of the parties) in congress. The DNC tries to quash that.

Hillary is no friend of third parties or fair elections.

Remember that it's not Naive and Worthless to work for change. Ask Gandhi, MLK, the Suffragettes, our revolutionary forefathers, and everyone else who has made change in the history of the world.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Well here's the problem with that. I could be wrong, but all movements were deemed naive and worthless at some point. From freeing the slaves, to getting out from under british rule, to women's right to vote, to MLKs marches, to ending the Vietnam War etc.

You are missing the point. And I have voted 3rd party before - - but, not in the presidential election like this last one that was critical. As the next one will be.

Most 3rd parties fall into the Liberal category. NONE of their platforms have a chance under Wackos like Trump and those that support conservative extremism.

Do you honestly believe Trump is religious/Christian? He just signed an executive order to give churches more leeway for political campaigning.

Are you aware of Dominionism? This, of course, has nothing to do with religion - - but, has everything to do with Power and Control.

Dominionism is the theocratic idea that regardless of theological view, means, or timetable, Christians are called by God to exercise dominion over every aspect of society by taking control of political and cultural institutions. www.politicalresearch.org...

Your beliefs have no power by themselves. No matter how strongly you feel about them.

Without Power and Control - - you lose.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

It's not blind belief. It's a fact that we need third parties on all sides. Republicans aren't really conservative any more...and Democrats are basically Republican lite with a few liberal catch phrases thrown in there.

Again, you can't have change unless you start working for it now. It will never magically happen.

I've voted in Every election in the past 30 years and believe me, everyone was called critical. "This election is the most important election of our generation."

Every election can't be the most important ever. LOL

It's not my beliefs that have power, it's my actions. My vote has power. My third party vote has power. And how dare you shame me for voting third party. Shouldn't we all be voting our conscience? Isnt' that the real problem? We vote for our "side". That's why I'm independent. I don't have a side and I can vote for the best candidate. The one who is most honest and will do the most good. If we all just did the right thing, real change would happen. Do the right thing. Stop voting for criminals like Trump and Hillary.

You said without power and control we lose. How do you think we get the power and control. Trump and Hillary don't magically hand it to you. The DNC proved that you have no power or control. They will use super delegates to put up whatever candidate they want. They force fed Hillary and Alienated the liberal base. That's not power or control. That's bad leadership.

edit on 24-7-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join