It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Clapper Says Obama Behind Entire Russia Witch Hunt

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: damonster

Well that won't fly. It destroys the story.
Just shows some people will believe anything if it supports their world view.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

COOPER: Joining me by phone is former director of National Intelligence, retired Lieutenant General James Clapper. Director Clapper, the President saying they have gotten to you since you wrote that gorgeous, beautiful letter to him. Has anyone gotten to you?

JAMES CLAPPER, FMR DIRECTOR, NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE: No, absolutely not, Anderson. I mean everything I say, and everything I said, I mean.

COOPER: The 2017 assessment that the President says he now agrees with, that was done while you and then NCI Director John Brennan were still in office. So, how can we reconcile the President attacking you, but apparently after a very long time finally, allegedly saying -- or saying he allegedly agrees with the product of the intelligence community that you, yourself oversaw?

CLAPPER: Yes, well, this is -- yes, as we've come to know the President, he is not a stalwart for a consistency or coherence. So it's very hard to explain that. [20:35:06] One point I'd like to make, Anderson, that I don't think has come up very much before, and I'm alluding now to the President's criticism of President Obama for all that he did or didn't do before he left office with respect to the Russian meddling. If it weren't for President Obama, we might not have done the intelligence community assessment that we did that set off a whole sequence of events which are still unfolding today, notably, special counsel Mueller's investigation. President Obama is responsible for that, and it was he who tasked us to do that intelligence community assess in the first place. And they got the important point when it comes to critiquing President Obama.

COOPER: You know, the President says, well, now, you know, he's put his own people in charge in the intelligence community, he's confidence in the intelligence community now. But when you talk about the intelligence community, I mean yes, there are people who he has appointed at the top, but underneath them, there are thousands and thousands and thousands of employees who are career employees who have, you know, listened in on -- you know, signals intelligence and intercepts and have written analyses and who have been in the field as case officers. It's the same intelligence community. There may be different people at the top, but the people who are at the top are still standing by the assessment that was made when it's the people he says he didn't trust.

CLAPPER: Exactly. That is a great point. Well, the strength of the U.S. intelligence community is the continuity and the professionalism of our career rank and file great men and women who do it -- do the things that you just described, and they don't change. So, yes, the top layer, there have been some changes there, a couple of key changes. Notably, CIA director, now the second one since Trump took office, and of course the director of national intelligence. But the institution itself, there's great continuity which is an important strength for this country.

edit on R072018-07-22T12:07:11-05:00k077Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
The FISA warrant is 400 pages of justification to focus on Carter Page.

Nah. Plus they forgot to mention that they knew Carter was a patriot. He had just helped them nab a Russian spy. Carter went full monty and was wired and everything.

The whole thing reads like a gossip rag. Unless there's something more convincing under the redactions it's a really scary document considering that the warrant was granted. The redactions, however, have thus far been to hide spygate culpability and I think that trend will continue.

edit on 22-7-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

It doesnt read all that innocently to me.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

It doesnt read all that innocently to me.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Every week another thread of fantasy that never turns out to be true. But that doesn't ever seem to stop you or others from believing every hoaky story that they drum up.

It's because they are severely brainwashed.
Trump Derangement Syndrome is real - but it's the other way around. They are all deranged. # civility. It's this illusion of civility, along with their total lack of self-reflection and their eagerness to "own the libs" have totally messed with their minds. They can't look at anything objectively. Xenchuen is up here everyday for wish fulfillment, feeding the fiends thin propaganda like a good boy. Neo98 or wtv the # his name is can be as (semi-) covertly racist as he wants. You call them out and you get the ban hammer. It's totally #ed.

Calling it now - i will be accused of being triggered instead of them taking a second to look inward for a second and see that after all this time, after all this #, they are proving themselves - that pathetic little group referred to as "the base" - to truly be deplorable. I hate to give Hilldog the credit - but she had the foresight to call it.

Deep inside, it has to hurt - so i understand the lashing out. But there's no shame in admitting you made a poor choice for very shallow reasons. But there will be a time when it will be too late.

This civility debate is bull#, and all it has done is allow the GOP to thrive (because they could care less about that #, and hiding behind Jesus - as cowards) while everyone tries to be civil and has eggs on its face. Its pathetic.

They've literally convinced themselves that a loose antifascist movement (Antifa) is a terrorist organization. That is some Bizarro-World type bull#. THEN they get mad if we equate them to Nazis. Unbelievable. Be Better. Be Best!

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Well that sure changes the meaning of the clip.
That was double dealing sneakyness.
Figures. Gateway Pundit...like I said ...

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Full show, relevant part is at about 10:18

edit on 7 22 2018 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

A bunch of people indicted and facing trial or plea deals, some are in jail, and you still call it a 'witch hunt.'

I don't care who goes to jail - Democrats or Republicans - as long as wrongdoing is punished. That you don't care about that, and instead want to demean an investigation simply because it's looking at 'your side' is absurd.

The people you are talking about are not in jail/plea deal etc for Russian collusion. They are there because of whatever the FBI could find in any direction on them. Once an investigation starts anything is game. Much like Clinton that went from a land sale scam to sperm on a blue dress.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: damonster

ANDERSON COOPER 360 DEGREES

edit on 22-7-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

The FISA warrant is 400 pages of justification to focus on Carter Page.

Nah. Plus they forgot to mention that they knew Carter was a patriot. He had just helped them nab a Russian spy. Carter went full monty and was wired and everything.

The whole thing reads like a gossip rag. Unless there's something more convincing under the redactions it's a really scary document considering that the warrant was granted. The redactions, however, have thus far been to hide spygate culpability and I think that trend will continue.

The whole FISA warrant about Page is so weird to not suggest some kind of DNC/Obama/Hillary etc scripted event.

1. Up to 2016 Page was still being paid by the FBI as an informant in the successful case against Evgeny Buryakov.
2. Page went through the RNC working to get on Trump's team as an Russian expert.
3. Trump did not know him at anytime prior and put him on his team as per recommendations from others in the RNC, and why not with his recent history with the FBI.
4. Page only had a low level position and really didn't do much, most of Trump's team saw him mostly inept after a short period of time, so he really wasn't involved at all in the campaign.
5. Then all of a sudden BAM! a 400 page FISA warrant about Page that allowed the FBI a lot of freedom to investigate Trump during his campaign with a ton of Democrat's finger prints all over it from Obama on down...
6. Two years later and cricks still, and that is astounding with the massive amount of time, energy, money spent on this...

Does a single person still feel the FISA warrant was so simple as many of the left suggest?

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

FISA judges been exposed yet?

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
It's getting HOTTER in D.C.. Adam Schiff says that President Trump is a far worse threat to America than Russians.

truepundit.com...

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Well that won't fly. It destroys the story.
Just shows some people will believe anything if it supports their world view.

You have made that example more times than anyone can count.

#thankyou

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Truepundit. Gateway Pundits younger brother?
If they said it it must be true.
Lo

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Never. You have me confused with someone else.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

A bunch of people indicted and facing trial or plea deals, some are in jail, and you still call it a 'witch hunt.'

I don't care who goes to jail - Democrats or Republicans - as long as wrongdoing is punished. That you don't care about that, and instead want to demean an investigation simply because it's looking at 'your side' is absurd.

The people you are talking about are not in jail/plea deal etc for Russian collusion. They are there because of whatever the FBI could find in any direction on them. Once an investigation starts anything is game. Much like Clinton that went from a land sale scam to sperm on a blue dress.

I love how people pretend if a special counsel crawled up anyone's ass they wouldn't be able to find something to indict you on. "But he did find stuff!" is such a dishonest defense, and most of the people pushing that angle know that. Most of the stuff in those indictments, you could likely indict half of DC on the same #. It's lipstick on a pig so they can say it wasn't a complete waste of taxpayer money. It is.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I love how people pretend if a special counsel crawled up anyone's ass they wouldn't be able to find something to indict you on. "But he did find stuff!" is such a dishonest defense, and most of the people pushing that angle know that. Most of the stuff in those indictments, you could likely indict half of DC on the same #. It's lipstick on a pig so they can say it wasn't a complete waste of taxpayer money. It is.

I respectfully disagree. The indictment of the Russian GRU operatives is hardly a waste of taxpayer money.
Mueller’s team has enough evidence to show exactly what those guys were doing and when.
Yes, they were carrying out an operation to disrupt our election and mess with our democratic process.
Certainly I don’t know what else, if anything, Mueller’s team has, but the fact that they know who in Russia perpetrated these crimes and how is reality biting the right-wing ‘witch hunt’ narrative right in the rear.

To your point, I’m sure there are all kinds of folks in DC guilty of all kinds of similar crap, but the special counsel wasn’t tasked with crawling up their ass. Mueller’s team is running the classic prosecutorial playbook—starting with the little fishy and their crimes, indict them, then pressure them to squeal on the bigger fishy. Given the guilty pleas he’s obtained, it seems to be working. Where it goes? We’ll see. It’s a wonderful use of my tax dollars—much better than border walls and nuclear weapons. Comparatively speaking (and I’m no Hillary fan), we’re getting much more bang for the buck then the Benghazi investigation.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Well now on the heels of one of the FISA documents release, we have former Director of National Intelligence (under wait for it ....OBAMA) saying publicly that Obama himself was behind the whole "Spy on Trump" operation !!

Yup, he sees that all the Democrati BS is falling apart just in time for the November elections 😃

Many people knew this already but have been systematically silenced and shouted down by radical Democrati operatives.

Too bad so sad.

Clapper is a CNN "contributor" and also is acknowledging Obama started the "Russian Witch Hunt".

Pretty easy to figure what Obama/Clinton/DNC was doing. They assumed Hillary would win and were going to use the "Russian" things later one way or the other.

Big Backfire worse than a Model-T with 100,000 miles on it 💥💥😃💥💥

Obama’s Former Director of National Intelligence Says Obama Behind Entire Russia Witch Hunt!

President Obama’s former Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper, came clean on CNN and stated that former President Obama was behind spying on President Trump!

James Clapper was on CNN yesterday and he stated that Obama was behind spying on President Trump and all the corrupt and criminal actions involving the government, including the Mueller investigation –

According to Obama’s former spy chief, James Clapper, who appeared on CNN to say it was Obama who set the entire Russia witch-hunt into motion by tasking the intelligence community assessment.

The investigation was supposed to be about 2016 election and it isn't they're going back 15-20 years on Paul manafort they read in Trump's private lawyer's office what the # no

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join