It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Clapper Says Obama Behind Entire Russia Witch Hunt

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Gandalf77

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Greven

A bunch of people indicted and facing trial or plea deals, some are in jail, and you still call it a 'witch hunt.'

I don't care who goes to jail - Democrats or Republicans - as long as wrongdoing is punished. That you don't care about that, and instead want to demean an investigation simply because it's looking at 'your side' is absurd.

The people you are talking about are not in jail/plea deal etc for Russian collusion. They are there because of whatever the FBI could find in any direction on them. Once an investigation starts anything is game. Much like Clinton that went from a land sale scam to sperm on a blue dress.

I love how people pretend if a special counsel crawled up anyone's ass they wouldn't be able to find something to indict you on. "But he did find stuff!" is such a dishonest defense, and most of the people pushing that angle know that. Most of the stuff in those indictments, you could likely indict half of DC on the same #. It's lipstick on a pig so they can say it wasn't a complete waste of taxpayer money. It is.

I respectfully disagree. The indictment of the Russian GRU operatives is hardly a waste of taxpayer money.
Mueller’s team has enough evidence to show exactly what those guys were doing and when.
Yes, they were carrying out an operation to disrupt our election and mess with our democratic process.
Certainly I don’t know what else, if anything, Mueller’s team has, but the fact that they know who in Russia perpetrated these crimes and how is reality biting the right-wing ‘witch hunt’ narrative right in the rear.

To your point, I’m sure there are all kinds of folks in DC guilty of all kinds of similar crap, but the special counsel wasn’t tasked with crawling up their ass. Mueller’s team is running the classic prosecutorial playbook—starting with the little fishy and their crimes, indict them, then pressure them to squeal on the bigger fishy. Given the guilty pleas he’s obtained, it seems to be working. Where it goes? We’ll see. It’s a wonderful use of my tax dollars—much better than border walls and nuclear weapons. Comparatively speaking (and I’m no Hillary fan), we’re getting much more bang for the buck then the Benghazi investigation.

Yeah they exposed Hillary's and the overwhelming corruption of the DNC.

But you call it election meddling...

(Another example) Exposing voter fraud= election meddling to the left.

Exposing felony crimes which jeopardize a candidate's ability to be elected is called "election meddling by democrats..

Those indictments of Russians are indeed worthless because those Russians showed up and the prosecutors were flabbergasted because they didn't expect that (because they don't actually have evidence of any crimes. The reason is because it is all BULLSH)t.. It being proven it's all just smoke and mirrors to help the democrat party is like very old news at this point.
How many Garbage scows full of lipstick can you put on a pig?

That question will surely be answered by the end of the DINO-RINO Uniparty members corrupt cabal.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

a reply to: face23785

Sure, voter fraud happen, like these (separate) folks:
Former Colorado GOP chairman sentenced for voter fraud

GOP blogger gets 30 days in jail for election fraud

White GOP Judge Committed Voter Fraud But Gets A Slap On The Wrist

9 Florida Counties Report Faked Voter Registration Forms From GOP-Backed Firm

Former GOP candidate charged with felony vote fraud
etc...

Still, it isn't very common. The Heritage Foundation has just over a thousand instances across the U.S. cited... compared to how many millions of votes cast?

Nowhere did I suggest it was limited to one party. And again, since there's been no mass investigation on it, we're left with piecing together random reports of it where we can find them. Considering that effort has already found over a thousand cases, you don't think many more would be found if the issue was studied in depth?

I'd love to live in this fantasy world.

What is amusing is you saying this without producing 5 stories with Democrats who committed voter fraud, just as I did for the GOP.

Anyway, there are millions of votes every election, and just over a thousand instances of voter fraud. It's not a big problem like you want to make out.

The real motivation is to benefit the GOP; the fearmongering about voter fraud is to push voter ID laws. Voter ID laws primarily impact poorer voters.

You really need me to dig through those thousand cases and find 5 Democrats? You don't think they're in there? Grow up. This isn't about party.

And no matter how many times you falsely claim otherwise, we don't know how big a problem it is. There's been no comprehensive investigation of the problem because many states won't cooperate. Still, just digging through news articles of people who got caught coincidentally, they've been able to find over 1000 cases. You're naive if you think those are the only cases.
edit on 24 7 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven
I have to wonder why you call yourself a Republican if you consider the fact that the Repubs have control as proof of whining. What seems to h ave happened from the left side of this country seems to be way worse than Watergate. Domestic spying on Americans....based upon sketchy evidence obtained through foreign agents funded by the other parties candidate for President. People being charged with crimes committed before Trump based upon long known rumors because a guy in charge of the current investigation KNEW the Russians were bribing and expanding their influence around the Uranium One deal and nothing was done then. Why? Do we need to look any further than a President in 2012 mocking the opposition over claims that a Russian Resurgence was our true International Crisis?

The left is screaming impeachment...they are literally trying to entrap this buffoon every time he is in public. They openly speculate he is a puppet. Of course the right is outraged....the Dems are using their social platform as a weapon to deflect from the fact that their leadership was more corrupt that Nixon with a dream of no accountability

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: damonster
If it weren't for President Obama, we might not have done the intelligence community assessment that we did that set off a whole sequence of events which are still unfolding today, notably, special counsel Mueller's investigation. President Obama is responsible for that, and it was he who tasked us to do that intelligence community assess in the first place. And they got the important point when it comes to critiquing President Obama.

and the part you ignored comes right after what you made bold.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: damonster

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Xcathdra

It was edited and taken out of context thats why. The whole thread is a lie because of that.
You need higher standards.

You need to learn how to comprehend what it is you are reading. Nothing of what you just claimed is remotely true.

It was taken out of context, I have linked the original transcripts. At no time did Clapper say that Obama ordered an investigation into Trump.

See post above this one.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
***Looks around the empty room***..............This thread sure did get quiet fast

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockhndr
***Looks around the empty room***..............This thread sure did get quiet fast

That happens when one is confronted with evidence and video, making it impossible to spin it as something else.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   

That happens when one is confronted with evidence and video, making it impossible to spin it as something else.

So why isn't this in [HOAX!]?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

So why isn't this in [HOAX!]?

Because its not a hoax. Clapper said Obama order the intelligence assessment which in turn spawned what we see today. Hell Strzok and Page text/emails said the WH was in charge. Are they lying along with Clapper?

What part of that is confusing you?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join