It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Dynamics Says It Can Build 1,000 Robot Dogs a Year By Mid-2019

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
K-9 disapproves of this development

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Turn them loose in Chicago and let them cleanup the place.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: EasyPleaseMe

originally posted by: Night Star
Maybe I've watched too many movies, but these things can be programmed for other things...not so nice things.

Check out the relentless killer robot dogs on the British series ‘Black Mirror - Metalheads’, which is available on Netlix.

linky

Unfortunately the trailer doesn’t show much.

I was about to post the exact same thing. That episode has stuck with me since I watched it! ...I just watched the beginning of the TED talk posted on page 1 and the robot dog moved just like the dogs in Black Mirror.
edit on 22-7-2018 by Maya00a because: to add a sentence

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Lol.

Its optional snake-like arm, which attaches where a real dog’s head would be

Just no! Nope! Never!

It is not a dog, not even like a dog!

Sure, in security it can kill.

In no way is this a dog. Hyena perhaps.

It needs a head and a damn tail, a wagging tail!

Dog my precious ass.

P

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: EasyPleaseMe

Perhaps this will do?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
That robot dog took our jibs!

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Not unless this thing has completely open source code. I want a few million pairs of eyes looking at that code to make sure there's no funny business going on.

And the OS needs to be locked down with every conceivable security measure in place.

A notebook with a closed operating system is bad enough. But a robot dog that could kill you in your sleep is another matter entirely.

Not to mention the surveillance capabilities that can be redirected to any bad actor. Upskirt photos are nothing compared to what the dog might see at night.

As these things begin to proliferate, we're going to have to look at all of the security implications of having such mobile technology inhabiting our living spaces.

-dex

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Definitely.

Last thing 'Murica needs is to run around accusing Russia of hacking their puppies.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

When I saw the thread title I thought it was going to be those nightmare robot dogs that they say can run 60 miles an hour or some ##.

CORRECTION, it runs about 27mph. A lot faster than my 5mph at a sprint, which I can maintain for about 10 or 15 seconds before I fall on the ground choking on my own vomit... Haha that's not too far from the truth...I am a pathetic sight, for certain. 😋
edit on 7/25/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM

I want mine with the upgraded home security system......night vision , laser guided electric .308 machine gun.....just for my personal protection , of course!

I'll order the one with big metal teeth and claws that does 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maya00a

originally posted by: EasyPleaseMe

originally posted by: Night Star
Maybe I've watched too many movies, but these things can be programmed for other things...not so nice things.

Check out the relentless killer robot dogs on the British series ‘Black Mirror - Metalheads’, which is available on Netlix.

linky

Unfortunately the trailer doesn’t show much.

I was about to post the exact same thing. That episode has stuck with me since I watched it! ...I just watched the beginning of the TED talk posted on page 1 and the robot dog moved just like the dogs in Black Mirror.

gizmodo.com...

Check this out, it's real, and it runs faster than Usain Bolt. (which is about 27mph)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join