It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The last ship

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
So I have free time almost anytime I want it. I like to watch cool shows and movies. I recently went away from DirectTV because after work a lot of times I found myself constantly switching between FOX and MSNBC. I don’t think that is healthy for my brain. So I asked a coworker for something cool with action to watch. He said check out “The last ship”. I have the Netflix and it wasn’t there. Next day I asked what he watches it on and he said he uses HULU. So I got the basic membership and so far this show is freaking AWESOME. If anyone’s looking for a new show that likes action please give this one a go. You will NOT regret it.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Been watching The Last Ship since day 1
The new season starts shortly. You got some catching up to do.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I am on episode 7 on season 1.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I am on episode 7 on season 1.

Of the best dang series ever on TV
I started watching on 1 1 as I was awaiting Shannara coming on..
Havent stopped yet.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

What is Shannare about?

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

What is Shannare about?

Shannara was from the Shannara series of books by Terry Brooks
Ran for a while on MTV then moved to Spike
Geared for younger folks , but I loved it.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Well if you like “The last ship” then I will give that a watch. It would seem we have similar taste is shows.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Well if you like “The last ship” then I will give that a watch. It would seem we have similar taste is shows.

No , I do not like The Last Ship
I consider it the best dang series ever on TV...

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
What is "The Last Ship" about?

Can someone give me a summary?

I've seen this show advertised, but I could never figure out the story.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Without giving spoilers I will sum it up. There is a extremely contagious virus. The ship that is out there is the last navy ship out there. CDC is working on a cure on the ship.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
im on the fence about this based on the description

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Trailer for The Last Ship

Great show..It gets better as the seasons go on. It inspires great patriotism and veterans will love it.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Where do they get their fuel oil?

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

If you watch then you will see. The show so far seems to cover everything.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

The Last Ship is about a group on a Navy destroyer who are doing secret maneuvers in the Arctic and covering some scientist's butt when they suddenly get recalled. Turns out the world has gone to hell thanks to plague while they were incognito and the scientist is the one who might know how to fix things.

Things snowball from there, but more or less, it's the military discipline and leadership that hold them together in the face of armageddon and get them through.

Say what you will for Michael Bay, but he can do some pretty good military when he wants.

We've been watching the show since season 1, and it's not something you can just jump into easily, not and get the full gist of the story. Some seasons have been weaker than others. Certain plot elements of last season were sort of weak, but the season before it was really nice.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

The first season covers that, and after the first season, things change so the nature of supply is different.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The Last Ship is about a group on a Navy destroyer who are doing secret maneuvers in the Arctic and covering some scientist's butt when they suddenly get recalled. Turns out the world has gone to hell thanks to plague while they were incognito and the scientist is the one who might know how to fix things.

Things snowball from there, but more or less, it's the military discipline and leadership that hold them together in the face of armageddon and get them through.

Say what you will for Michael Bay, but he can do some pretty good military when he wants.

We've been watching the show since season 1, and it's not something you can just jump into easily, not and get the full gist of the story. Some seasons have been weaker than others. Certain plot elements of last season were sort of weak, but the season before it was really nice.

You had me up until this point.

While I'm actually on with Michael Bays ridiculously over the top action scenes, the dialogue in his movies is beyond idiotic. Please tell me someone else wrote the scripts and do not allow him artistic freedom during directing?

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I watched this right up until the last season and just stopped midway through.

Just lost interest.

I liked the premise.

Just got to meh.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

Michael Bay is an Executive Producer and has neither written the script or directed one single episode.

Series 5 starts in September and I think its been said that its the last series.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I really like series type shows, but I'm leery of starting into another one after being so sorely disappointed with Game of Thrones and then Walking Dead. Walking Dead especially! TWD was going great and then just did a swan dive face-plant of epic proportions. Made me really regret investing the time to watch any of it at all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join