It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Stouffers Stove Top Stuffing DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

I've already posted why this "theory" is nonsense

Proof here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

go ahead and ignore the proof

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I have no conspiracy theories here, thank you very much. Just exploring different possibilities. (Interesting note: a conspiracy occurs when two or more people plot something in secret. The term 'conspiracy theory' has been misused in recent years as a way to wrote someone and their arguments off without having to address them.)

I am sincerely dedicated to being polite and respectful in my replies to critics (of any subject.) With the ME it becomes difficult because, so far, all the ME critics seem to have (as irony would have it) very short memories. With the ME, there are a great many people who remember the same specific details. Not me. Not me and a few others. Not me and a hundred others. Me and countless others. This has been said before but alas I am reminding an ME critic yet again.

Understand, I do not care what you personally believe and I respect your having and sharing thoughts or opinions on the matter. I just wish that ME critics would take the time to read and understand what is being said before criticizing it.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I remember almost every point you made here and very well.

originally posted by: Pearj

Everyone's memory is fallible.. ..but we aren't talking about fleeting events. We're talking about things we studied (Jadians map skills, my Coke label, etc). We're talking about things we see, hear and do everyday. We're talking about the box we saw on the counter while our Moms made Thanksgiving dinner, every single year and on occasion outside the holiday, until we were older - then we went to the store and bought the same brand, and did the same thing with our kids.

That's not memory - that's knowledge. The dismissiveness you display indicates you wouldn't be surprised if you forgot how to tie your shoes, or how to get to work everyday.

This was very well said. ME critics have a very hard time grasping what we are talking about in terms of memory. It is a chain of memories, not just one single memory or a singular remembering or basic recollection. There is indeed a difference between a memory and explaining a lifetime of knowledge and experience.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I've been dealing with people telling me I think I'm perfect since I started making threads here - they insinuate it as fact - but I have NEVER said my memory was perfect - ever. I've tried to explain to them that I'm talking about knowledge - not memory, yet the same put-down appears in every thread despite my best efforts...

..I eventually stopped responding to that stuff and started focusing my effort on documenting what I know and reaching those that are curious about it. I suppose that pisses off the naysayers (they get cranky fast) - but I can only repeat myself so much.. ..if they don't understand via all the different ways I've tried to explain what I'm saying - then I can't help - I have to count it as a loss, and move on. I know I tried hard, and that's good enough for me.

Very well said again, Pearj. It is as if we need a robot to recite the same statements they refuse to respond to (in order to criticize us with a biased, simplified version of what we are saying.) That way, we could carry on the conversation. I know it is fear, or a lack of perception, which causes them to write us off without even taking in what we are communicating here.

Something has changed in the way people deal with problems, and I'm fascinated by it.

Me too! I've had this exact conversation with a friend of mine lately. From political issues (Left vs. Right) to common sense matters, to matters of basic human sanity, it seems like people have lost (or are losing) an innate ability to reason through things! The problems of Left vs. Right and such have always been here but lately it seems to have gotten extra bad, like something is really affecting many people's judgement skills. Specifically I guess, it's a lack of common sense. Most people can still read and write, but there is a decrease in people's ability to comprehend things outside of a particular mindset, be it in regards to the supernatural, politics, or even whether or not we should have laws or just become anarchists. Everyone argues to win and not to get to the bottom of anything anymore. The intention of 'let's get real' seems to be completely abandoned. Viewpoints are fought or offended like sports teams by loyal fan bases.

It's as if people are afraid to be, to see, to think independently. As if some petty insecurity has taken humanity hostage, whereby no one has the guts to be real anymore.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
a reply to: BlackProject

Maybe yes. Maybe no. Maybe: who can truly know?

What checks and balances do you use, to make sure that your ideas, are not using these mental shortcuts?

Based on empirical studies, facts. Read the following, it never happened.

To make for easier reading for you:

In one 2013 study at the University of California, Irvine, two groups of subjects were assembled, those with normal memories and another group of people with “highly superior autobiographical memory” (HSAM). These are people with uncanny memories who remember dates and event associations way beyond most of us. No matter, though: Testing revealed they produced just as many false memories as normal people. The researchers used the Deese–Roediger–McDermott (DRM) paradigm. In DRM, subjects are presented with a list of 12 “lure” words that make them think of another word that isn’t on the list. For example, it could be a dozen words like “bed,” “rest,” “pillow,” “blanket,” “dream,” and so on. Subjects, when quizzed on what words they’ve been shown, will remember seeing the word “sleep” as well. In fact, all of the test subjects in the UC Irvine experiments did. DRM-type lures can also make people falsely remember details in photos that aren’t there.

If you read the above and truly see it for what it is, then it is clear that yes the brain is not that good at storing good information.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
i feel pity for " mandela effect experiencers " - come one - you should too - they have sucessfully jumped the " interdimension divide " - and all they get is :

a " new " world where stuffing is made by kraft foods , not stouffers

one has to feel sorry for them

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   

After reading your post and remembering it as being "Stouffers Stove Top Stuffing" myself I decided to ask my wife and mother in law. I. Asked as vaguely as I could and my wife almost instantly replied "Stouffers Stove Top Stuffing" to which my mother in law concurred. When o proceeded to explain (with my limited understanding of it) the Mandella Effect, they were both as intrigued as I.
This is my first comment on ATS after years of almost daily reading. I just wanted to thank you for providing a topic of interest for a nearly hour long conversation on the matter. The three of us agree it is interesting and will look into ot further.
Thanks again!

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Neurology? Are you wanting me to explain how memory becomes knowledge for you again?

I would love that.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: wholetone

First post in years.. Not sure how to express it, but I'm honored, and thank you!

(Honored for having created conversation you're interested in enough to post about after years of silence.)

If you're just looking into it and have questions, just ask! Note that for some (including myself) it can get heavy when you're first looking into it - that feeling passes.

edit on 25-7-2018 by Pearj because: a rolling stone gathers no moss.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Admittedly, I thought this had to be a joke...sadly, my memory has been Stouffer's Stove Top Stuffing too. I even recall the commercial! Sheesh...it is a wee bit crazy how so many could misremember the exact same details! The only other ME I misremembered was the Berenstein Bears.

So I asked myself what is the origin of these names...Stouffer is of German origin and Berenstein turns out to be Jewish in origin. I am just sharing since I find it interesting that the two names I misremember, collectively with many, are from these origins that we're so prevalent during WW2.

Is it possible that this is significant in some way? I havent really taken notice of the other ME claims too much...but did this really begin with Mandella or was that simply when it officially was first noticed? Was this effect occurring earlier just not discussed as widely without the ease of the Internet?

What do those who are misremembering have in common vs those who don't? Personally, I can understand the view point of both sides. WW2 was a significant period in our history. So I thought I would share this simple curious fact.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Are you sure? We just made some of this the other week, we've always used that brand.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnverifiedUser0000
Are you sure? We just made some of this the other week, we've always used that brand.

lol

Is that some kinda code from the "other side"?

If you could wormhole us a pic you would relieve many minds.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnverifiedUser0000
We just made some of this the other week, we've always used that brand.

No you didn't.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
www.delish.com...

Here is an article from 2016 about the history of STOVE TOP STUFFING.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
Admittedly, I thought this had to be a joke...sadly, my memory has been Stouffer's Stove Top Stuffing too. I even recall the commercial! Sheesh...it is a wee bit crazy how so many could misremember the exact same details! The only other ME I misremembered was the Berenstein Bears.

So I asked myself what is the origin of these names...Stouffer is of German origin and Berenstein turns out to be Jewish in origin. I am just sharing since I find it interesting that the two names I misremember, collectively with many, are from these origins that we're so prevalent during WW2.

Sorry about the wall of text - wanted to address each point..

A lot of folks (remember "alot"?) feel it started in 2007 based on Google Trends for words like dilemna.

Other folks feel it started in 2012, based on the Mayan tradition of a new age.

Some feel it doesn't occur for a person until they've noticed a change, like the double-slit observation. After, other changes become more noticeable (awareness).

Nearly all agree it's impossible to tell, because we haven't had this ease-of-access to info prior to the Internet. So if it was occurring in the past, knowledge of it was localized.

I used to grab Jiffy for lunches and thought it was weird they changed to "Jiff" - that was years ago (before 2007).. It was only after hearing about the ME that I remembered being in the market staring at the "Jiff" label.. Then I found a whole lot of other people remember buying Jiffy too (I'm not confusing Skippy - I tried both and liked the consistency of Jiffy so it's what I always bought).

--

What we have in common is something I have a huge interest in..

Some folks wonder if we're dead. Others wonder if it's caused by a near death experience (have had). Some folks think the commonality is Religion (I don't think so, at least not Christian specific - Palestinians wanted the Palestine notation put back on Google Maps, Google insists it was never there).

I'm going to detail a little about myself - which will give the naysayers cause to say "I'm special" - I'm not - I want to know if you or other Effected have some of the same traits..

..Some have wondered if it's the ability to observe, or a deeper level of perception. I've been told I'm a "Indigo Child" - I DO NOT go for that kind of stuff, but admit I fit the profile. I've also been told I'm a "strong empath", which I had to look up and also fits. I tend to "feel" the world around me as much as I physically observe it.

By nature I don't differentiate between past and present - yesterday is the same as today (one long string vs segmented time).

I too have wondered if it's physical differences. For instance I have that weird tendon in my wrist that some folks don't have. I can "jiggle" my eyes (cause a muscular spasm - I've read only a small percentage of people can do this).. I have a ridiculous sense of smell. Memory and smell fit in the same box for me.

My wife has asked me "How do you remember everything you read?" - I don't know, if it's interesting, it sticks - also, she reads too fast lol

I can't stand blue Christmas lights. I don't sleep well, my brain won't stop. I'm very hard on myself, very detail orientated, and strongly moved by the human condition.

Since my youth I've studied people.. why they do the things they do, what makes them break and what makes them whole - I have a very strong interest in it.

I'm equally talented with both sides of my brain and have my hands in both artistic and technical endeavors (I write software, and am deeply involved in the Open Source community - yet I write songs, sing and play instruments, and will create with any medium I can get my hands on, from pen-and-ink to roadside trash). I've been in a few publications, won a regional art-based award, and a music-based competition (entered for fun, didn't think I'd win). Artistically, I have the ability to "let myself go" (don't know what else to call it) to enter into a subject and see through their eyes, and gain their perspective. Works are a pull on the inside, a desire that won't be quiet and feeds on real grit - to me, works without perspective are crap - and stand out like a sore thumb.

I'm not trying to go on, just trying to be complete and upfront, to see if you share the same. Obviously I feel strongly about it.

--

The ME may line up with WWII for you - I hadn't noticed the Jewish / German connection (nice 'connecting the dots' there).

I'm sure everyone stopped reading by this point, so I don't have to worry about offending anyone - but I see a faith-based connection. The ME may of manifested via CERN (or whatever), but the source is God.

There are many things in the Christian faith that line up - possibly other faiths do too.

Like 'for those with eyes to see and ears to hear' (only some of us seem able).. and 'no more signs and wonders until the return' (reality changing qualifies), 'knowledge will be greatly increased' (doubling effect of tech, AI and Singularity), and 'for signs in the heavens'. The Sept 23 celestial birth, the great eclipse marking an X (new Babylon?), were all outlined in order, followed by a passage about how only 1/2 of the people will have 'oil in their lamps', the rest are dark (only half of us seem Effected).. the upcoming Blood Moon, and Mars opposition (dragon) I think also fit in there.

Christ said His word cannot be changed.. The Bible did change, but possibly only for those with eyes to see - which should be a wake-up call (note: the Word will never change and lives in our hearts). I know wineskins changed in the very Bible I studied from - but consider the ramifications of the Lion and the Lamb - now Wolf and Lamb.. Telling to say the least.

It also states that near the end '3 people will watch from diverse locations'.. Since the Bible's existence with humanity, no one knew how that would be possible - now we have live feed via satellite, where people around the world can easily watch an event simultaneously.

I know this stuff is off-putting for some folks (it was for me in my youth) - but it may be time. Time to open our hearts and minds, step down and let God talk - forget old white men telling you you're bad so give them money. You don't even have to put a label on it - the goal isn't religion, it's faith.

I have tattoos (only my designs) and piercings. I smoke (ugh, working on quitting) and cuss, and am a long-time psychonaut and Delayed Metaphysical Transduction proponent (caps), and not your average Christian..

..but I would give you the food on my plate and the shirt off my back (have literally used the shirt off my back as a tourniquet for a stranger).. I will risk life and limb to protect you, no questions asked - then disappear so you'll never know my name.

..and maybe that's the difference - the commonality we're searching for.

Maybe you're a good person too.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

originally posted by: nightbringr

originally posted by: KaDeCo
What you may be remembering is the commercials for their TV dinners which included a line about their stuffing.

See Product Here

I really thought there was Stouffer's Stovetop Stuffing as well, but, now I look at their product and logo, I don't remember them making more than frozen foods... and it would make no sense to make all frozen entrees and then randomly Thanksgiving Stuffing.

Haha, that's clearly it!

Brains work in funny ways. Case closed.

Not even close...

The case is building - the numbers are growing - the "Effect" (changes) are happening faster - more and more every day.

Like I've said many times..

It's only a matter of time until we're all "Effected".

It's the information age, more and more information is being shared quicker and quicker. You must also understand that as a result, information related mistakes will also increase.

Your second point is petty so I won't respond to it.

Its funny, because in a post a little above this one on this page, you go to great lengths to explain that 'you never once said your memory was perfect', yet you've also never once stated that its possible you are wrong.

Hmm.

Ps. You are wrong about effected and affected. I was right. www.diffen.com...

In the case you posted above, the first word would be 'effected'. The second 'affected'. In my post the 'affected' stands as the correct word.

lmao...

What are you talking about - it's in quotes - and capitalized. Everyone knows the difference between affected and effected.

Do you know the difference between "Effected" and effected?

People use the term "Effected" to mean "those affected by the Mandela Effect".

'cmon man

It's been in many, many threads - maybe you didn't notice.

You should get an award for making me smile.. ..do I seem linguistically challenged to you? lol You reached, and failed - better luck next time.

lmao

Then you clearly did not read the link I sent you or you would clearly have a better understanding of the words and their usage.

I never said you were linguistically challenged, but in this case you are simply wrong. I think that might be a stumbling block for you. Admitting that you can be wrong.

I just read your post above this one, and my god do you think highly of yourself! I guess it's a good thing to me confident, but your ego takes it to a whole new level!
edit on 25-7-2018 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Maybe your right - I was getting the impression I suck at conveying a thought. Ugh - thank you man (or ma'am).

To your second point..

--------------
I'm going to retract what I wrote here. The gist was "I see them as acting primal." All the other words I'd written don't match the decent flow we have going, and that's more important.

What I had written could of been agitating for some which is not what I'm wanting. I took a screenshot and text copy in case it's an issue.
--------------

edit on 25-7-2018 by Pearj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Strange... looking at some archived commercials, like "stuffing instead of potatoes" that us GenXers remember, ALL of them look weirdly out of synch where the Stouffer's should be - you see the mouth making an extra two syllables for "Stouffer's", but all that's said is Stove Top, like a badly dubbed movie.

I saw this mentioned about the one commercial posted, but so far all of them are like that.

As far as causes... lots of suspects, no evidence.

I'm still partial to high tech running out of control over end times special saved Xtians getting tipped off , but what do I know? Apparently, less and less every day!

ETA: funny, I too thought your username was PearlJ ... but I rarely look at usernames closely, anyway, and see why khazeed would use it as another feather in the poor memory cap, to poorly mix metaphor.

As I always qualify, many of these ARE memory and the brain's tendency to fill in ... but several just don't compute as that.

Oh, my dad was a Kraft employee and so I paid special attentio0n to Madison Ave adds and Kraft products - prior to Philip Morris acquiring them, anyway. I remember being confused over this brand name long ago, too, when Stouffers first seemingly vanished... it seems like it happened a while ago ...but it's foggy like most of these get when you really strain the grey matter.

edit on 7/25/2018 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/25/2018 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
If you haven't experienced a M.E. then you will never believe those of us that have.

Faulty memory is one thing, but I know it was Stouffers stovetop stuffing. I wonder what age brackets we fall in? I'm early 40s.

This freaks me out a lot though. I remember the commercials. I'm going to ask all of my friends and family about this, take a little poll.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

originally posted by: Nothin
a reply to: BlackProject

Maybe yes. Maybe no. Maybe: who can truly know?

What checks and balances do you use, to make sure that your ideas, are not using these mental shortcuts?

Based on empirical studies, facts. Read the following, it never happened.

To make for easier reading for you:

In one 2013 study at the University of California, Irvine, two groups of subjects were assembled, those with normal memories and another group of people with “highly superior autobiographical memory” (HSAM). These are people with uncanny memories who remember dates and event associations way beyond most of us. No matter, though: Testing revealed they produced just as many false memories as normal people. The researchers used the Deese–Roediger–McDermott (DRM) paradigm. In DRM, subjects are presented with a list of 12 “lure” words that make them think of another word that isn’t on the list. For example, it could be a dozen words like “bed,” “rest,” “pillow,” “blanket,” “dream,” and so on. Subjects, when quizzed on what words they’ve been shown, will remember seeing the word “sleep” as well. In fact, all of the test subjects in the UC Irvine experiments did. DRM-type lures can also make people falsely remember details in photos that aren’t there.

If you read the above and truly see it for what it is, then it is clear that yes the brain is not that good at storing good information.

Interesting... But the question was not answered. Was it not remembered?

Would love to chat, but have a sudden urge to go to bed, and get some sl...
Hope we don't have a hungry dream, and eat the stouffing in that thing that we rest our head on.
G'night.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join