It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Stouffers Stove Top Stuffing DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Yes, if my conspiracy theory that history is rewritten by the victors is valid, then there may be a reason Kraft, or General Foods for that matter, may have wanted to distance themselves from the Stouffers brand. My conspiracy mind tends toward that explanation more than the widespread collective faulty memories one.

Looking for a reason to change history is key, and as they say "follow the money" would lead to the most likely reasons. It would be highly costly and time consuming to go about changing every piece of recorded history in order to change something like Stouffer's Stove Top Stuffing in the mind of the public at large.

Perhaps the Stouffer's company has some connection to Nazi Germany, or slave ownership, or some other politically incorrect matter. Who can say what skeletons they may have in their closet?

ETA: Well the founder was born in Pennsylvania and the family were Mennonites from Switzerland, no German or slave owning connection there I guess.
edit on 23-7-2018 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

I had to suffer with pepperridgde farms because I could not find stuffers stove top stuffing.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
a reply to: howtonhawky

Yes, if my conspiracy theory that history is rewritten by the victors is valid, then there may be a reason Kraft, or General Foods for that matter, may have wanted to distance themselves from the Stouffers brand. My conspiracy mind tends toward that explanation more than the widespread collective faulty memories one.

Looking for a reason to change history is key, and as they say "follow the money" would lead to the most likely reasons. It would be highly costly and time consuming to go about changing every piece of recorded history in order to change something like Stouffer's Stove Top Stuffing in the mind of the public at large.

Perhaps the Stouffer's company has some connection to Nazi Germany, or slave ownership, or some other politically incorrect matter. Who can say what skeletons they may have in their closet?

This all day long.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: fleabit

I guess there are both cold and cald personally I had never heard of Coldwell but always seen coldwell banking.

Caldwell Bank & Trust
www.caldwellbankandtrust.com...

Except that is one small bank in Columbia, LA (population 390 people), and no one has probably heard of it (except for the fine residents of the small town it resides in), and therefor is not the bank people are getting confused with. Was also always referred to as Caldwell Bankers (and the "mistakes" online are Caldwell Bankers, not Caldwell Bank and Trust). Coldwell (aka Caldwell) is a huge realty bank, and so makes no sense people would mistake a tiny singular bank in a small town with the very large realty bank. I don't think that is where that stems from.

I like to be thorough I am not trying to disagree with you, but we need to be sure and check facts and there is a Caldwell bank so it needs to be stated.

In fact, I did business in Oroville Ca many years ago with a Caldwell and they are now listed as Coldwell. I feel sure for myself and that is all I need but facts and checking is important.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

(star)

I understand!

I'm "ATS conditioned" you might say. If you check out my other ME threads, especially the old ones you'll see why - the ridicule is far beyond anything that should be allowed here.. ..but I try to not return it. I'm especially careful about it because it separates me from the chaff.

That doesn't mean I haven't been a dick - I'm sure I have somewhere on here - it's in my nature to stand up against bullies (again, see old threads) - but even in the beginning I was pretty mellow with them.

The result is very direct speech - which I can see would cause others to misinterpret my intent. Please note I have a military background and am from a military family - so direct speech is a default for me - and I don't always realize how that comes off to others that aren't used to it. I'll work on it!!

I understand not wanting to put any weight into "the universe changed" - that's why I try to steer the conversation away from a cause (nobody truly knows) preferring to focus on that particular change instead.

I've used this example before to dilute the "universe changed" detractors.. 'What if 5% of the population were given an additive in childhood vaccinations that caused their perception to be skewed? It wouldn't be the first time the government experimented on us.' - it's just as likely as any other scenario.

I can't accept the 'memory is fallible' argument as a single solution that fits all though - because I know what I know (see Coke example), and I'm responsible about it (try to keep myself in check, cross-examining myself constantly).

We (at large) need to have a conversation about the cause - I've amassed a multitude of theories for a future thread - but if we are stuck on memory then that conversation is futile.

The way we are talking now - working to understand each other, is gratifying - and will create the foundation any future solution will be built upon.

Thank you for taking another look.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

has anyone emailed the stouffers company?
ask them for an order of stuffing?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JosephKnecht

originally posted by: Realtruth
Here's a guy confirming he was in the commercial in 1992 for

Stouffers Stove Top Commercial Universal Studios Florida

Check out the comments

What's up with the 8 second mark? He asks "is it Stovetop?" But his lips moving do not synch with the audio but everyone else is properly synched otherwise.

Idk wtf to say....

Weird, I remember that commercial. The first kid says "my mom's making stovetop stuffing" the kid you're talking about says "is it Stouffers" ... was kinda the whole point of the commercial. Brand name recognition.

Odd one.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
a reply to: talisman

DUDE!

You may of just discovered another Mandela Effect...

You're talking about that animated hand-glove thing - it had a red border around the bottom of the glove...

My brain's associating it with the word "skillet" - but I can't find an image of that thing anywhere..

-----

Found it - Hamburger Helper

Was that what you were talking about? It still exists. Thought you inadvertently discovered another one.. ..that would of been a good one!

Thats something like what I recall and yes another effect. This is weird.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

a reply to: fleabit

I guess there are both cold and cald personally I had never heard of Coldwell but always seen coldwell banking.

Caldwell Bank & Trust
www.caldwellbankandtrust.com...

Except that is one small bank in Columbia, LA (population 390 people), and no one has probably heard of it (except for the fine residents of the small town it resides in), and therefor is not the bank people are getting confused with. Was also always referred to as Caldwell Bankers (and the "mistakes" online are Caldwell Bankers, not Caldwell Bank and Trust). Coldwell (aka Caldwell) is a huge realty bank, and so makes no sense people would mistake a tiny singular bank in a small town with the very large realty bank. I don't think that is where that stems from.

I like to be thorough I am not trying to disagree with you, but we need to be sure and check facts and there is a Caldwell bank so it needs to be stated.

In fact, I did business in Oroville Ca many years ago with a Caldwell and they are now listed as Coldwell. I feel sure for myself and that is all I need but facts and checking is important.

Yup, I agree. Coldwell is actually the name of one of the founders, back in 1906. But I vividly remember Caldwell. There are some pages you can visit where there are bunches of examples of Caldwell Banker, including a rather lot of real estate agents on LinkedIn that don't know the company they work for, apparently. Quite a few advertisements from people misspelling the name of their company multiple times in the ad.

Which is another reason probably not related, Caldwell was real estate, the Caldwell Bank and Trust is not a real estate bank (per se.. they probably did some home loans), but a small bank in a small town. There are also quite a few people who sold their home with Caldwell and also remember it as such.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
I can't accept the 'memory is fallible' argument as a single solution that fits all though - because I know what I know (see Coke example), and I'm responsible about it (try to keep myself in check, cross-examining myself constantly).

You do know what you know.

The problem is that people are unwilling to dig any deeper.
Claims such as keeping yourself in check by cross examining yourself is clear indication of this.

Let's say I think I'm the prettiest in the land...
Would looking in the mirror everyday strengthen the truth of that fact or would it just strengthen my delusion?
How many people who disagree with my prettiness can I just dismiss as bulllies?

If you seriously want to have a discussion about memories whilst ignoring the neurology that runs it then you have absolutely no value to add to the discussion.

There are many patterns that you seem to actively avoid.

Let's use my favourite ME.
I know your name used to be PearlJ, and I'm not the only one who knows this.
Just like Mr Berenstain, Heart Surgeons, Stouffers CEO's etc. etc. you are left unaware of this ME which relates directly to you.

So we can see 2 patterns here which show up in all ME's...
1. The people who need to know things know them as they stand currently (assuming you don't remember being PearlJ).
2. People tend to remember things that are easier to remember (Pearj has no reference for me whereas PearlJ has links to my grungy youth)

Whilst it's possible that it's just a coincidence and that I'm a bully (a damn pretty one), there is also a possibility that these patterns are crucial to understanding this phenomena.

It's irresponsible to dismiss them simply because you know what you know.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Here we go! Problem Solved !

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Dbl post .
edit on 01/01/1999 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Eh, I'm going to have to disagree with this one. Stouffers has always been known for their frozen products. Stuffing mix out of a box doesn't fit in with the rest of their line-up. Seems forced. Maybe it's one of those things people said back in the day. For example, my grandmother called every refrigerator a frigidaire. Stouffers and stuffing sound great together, but they don't go together.

Oh, and the realtor is Coldwell Banker. That's probably just one that is misspelled by tons of people.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I understand you feel I don't add any value, so I'm confused as to why you're asking me so many questions - then again, I've never understood the pretty boy mentality. Either way..

I've said many times I want to dig deeper...

So let's talk about patterns..

I've noticed a particular change always follows a period where I had been paying attention to the item.. ..The Coke label - and another is California Dreamin', we were singing it in the house a few mornings before it changed. There's a few more examples..

Neurology? Are you wanting me to explain how memory becomes knowledge for you again?

Whachoo got.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
What about this

STOUFFERS

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JosephKnecht

originally posted by: Realtruth
Here's a guy confirming he was in the commercial in 1992 for

Stouffers Stove Top Commercial Universal Studios Florida

Check out the comments

What's up with the 8 second mark? He asks "is it Stovetop?" But his lips moving do not synch with the audio but everyone else is properly synched otherwise.

Idk wtf to say....

Is it just me, or is the ENTIRE BOX top missing in this commercial...RIGHT where the branding would be?
That seems very odd for this to have been filmed in this manner.

BTW, my wife dosen't get on ATS or anything remotely close to this kind of website, and she'd prefer if I didn't either.
Anyway, I asked her very casusally, "What's the brand name of that stove top stuffing?" and she replied INSTANTLY, "Stouffers" I know it as Stouffers too and no one could convince me my memory is faulty! Im calling my parents, they are in their 80's, and asking them tomorrow morning during a normal conversation and see what they say.
edit on 2018241201800000031 by odd1out because: continuity problem edited

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfzilla
I don't remember the spelling and never associated it with the frozen food, in fact I was always confused after growing up that there was just stouffer frozen lasagna and what not but I heard that commercial so much growing up it still sticks in my head to this day and the tag line i can never forget is:
"Stouffers stove top stuffing, instead of potatoes. "
I'm not just remembering it because of power of suggestion or the words are similar. Like I said that tagline was always stuck in my head for the past forty years of so.

"Stouffers stove top stuffing, instead of potatoes. "

YES I DO TOO!

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Well I can't say either way what I remember it being.

But here's something possibly spooky: I've been getting a hardcore craving for stove top stuffing lately. It's been a couple weeks now that I've been dying for a day off to cook a meal with some stove top. I haven't had the stuff in like 10 years.

Perhaps the timeline spooks recently adjusted this one?

edit on 24-7-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

That fits in with how after we notice or hear about a particular Effect - we can look back and see some reference that occurred in our lives within a month or two before it.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

There never was Stouffers stuffing in a box. Stouffers makes frozen foods only. No boxes no fresh no kits. Just frozen ... lasagna, turkey, chicken enchiladas, fried chicken Mac and cheese but no stuffing in a box. Never any dry goods from stouffefs. Sorry.

Sorry but they do make non-frozen goods.
Search Stouffer's Seasoning Wraps

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join