It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to ask a lawyer a question.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Czulkang
a reply to: wylekat

Cherokee and no not yet

I was under the impression there are different tribes of Cherokee scattered around across a few states. I meant the one she came from. I looked it up- 3 major sections, and then the local groups in whichever state. Like say- if she's from Cherokee, NC where the reservation is, You'd have to deal with the local tribal government, and go as directed from there. Having been there a lot, there's things one has to deal with (like fishing on their land) with them on a local level. If you got a fishing license there, I doubt it'd be valid in say, Oklahoma's reservation.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

My wife was adopted, she is one half Cherokee indian, when she was adopted her adoptive parents signed away any rights she might have jas as a native American. Can she get those rights back and would this apply to our children?

I am 1/3 Cherokee. She never lost any native rights. Contact reps from the Cherokee Nation. Her name and family line will exist.

You can't lose nor change your birth dna or heritage

Good luck.

www.cherokeenation.org

Yes. Cherokee Nation has lawyers, and they document.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

My wife was adopted, she is one half Cherokee indian, when she was adopted her adoptive parents signed away any rights she might have jas as a native American. Can she get those rights back and would this apply to our children?

I am 1/3 Cherokee. She never lost any native rights. Contact reps from the Cherokee Nation. Her name and family line will exist.

You can't lose nor change your birth dna or heritage

Good luck.

www.cherokeenation.org

Yes. Cherokee Nation has lawyers, and they document.

Why yes.Yes they do. And they are always helpful with searching, registering, documenting and providing legal suggestions.

Great place to start! And if born Cherokee....one dies Cherokee. It cannot be taken nor given from any tribal born.

Thanks a bunch!
. MS

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

For the tribe of which I am a member, as tribal constitution currently stands, any blood relation to one of the four original charters makes one a lineal member. No blood quotient requirements.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join