It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange, another casualty of Trump and the Alt-Right

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Here's some additional context from my second favorite news site:

According to Glenn Greenwald, the report that those discussions did more than touch on the matter of handing Assange over to UK authorities “appears to be true”. This might trigger an indictment from US authorities and possible extradition proceedings, a point made acute by the promise of US Attorney-General Jeff Sessions back in April to “seek to put some people in jail”, with Assange’s “arrest” being a priority. “Can’t wait to see,” quipped Greenwald, “how many fake press freedom defenders support that.”

www.counterpunch.org...

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Yes they could have severed notice. It is standard protocal in such circumstance to come have come to Julian Assange. They where even invited to do so. The juridical system was being particularity obtuse in this case. I think you should go and have a read if intrested as to what the charge actually pertains to. It is nothing to do with what we call rape here in the UK. It is about having sex and forcing your partner to go for a test. Go and read the note or interviews with the women involved. (who did not want to press charges.)
Sexual smear is the most common form of smear against male whistleblowers. It is a standard tactic. If they had any evidence they would have charged him.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Good points, I will have a read further.
I'd previously read it was about consent was only given on condition of using a condom, but he didn't so it was rape in the sense that he broke the consensual contract.
Cheers for the reply

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I don't want to accuse anyone of being a shill, but if there were one, it would look very similar to a few posters of left wing fame around here. Your other post was dead on, everyone knows who the blabbering partisan is.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I'm not sure what jeff sessions has to do with trump. Sessions was going after MJ while trump was undermining him. Trump publicly attacks sessions for his betrayal quite often. Don't be surprised if assange is met with a pardon.

Of course if that happens, for you it won't be considered justice, but evidence that trump is a puppet of putin! The irony of this thread will be hilarious!

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Im a Democrat.

Having a hard time keeping up.

Am I suppose to hate or like Assange this week? Can someone send me one of those DNC emails that tells me what to think this week?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I don't want to accuse anyone of being a shill, but if there were one, it would look very similar to a few posters of left wing fame around here. Your other post was dead on, everyone knows who the blabbering partisan is.

Haha, thanks. There is a new topic up about 12b going to farmers (mostly corporations) to offset the tariffs. I go for a twofer and criticize that and war all in the same thread!!

I'm probably still "alt-right" lol.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Everybody you mentioned isn’t in prison and are still very much fighting the deepstate

All you’ve done is provide names of people questioned in a fake prob

And WTF Bradly manning ? Lol are you for real, a Trump Allie? For real

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

I've never been silent on this issue.

Assange, Snowden, Binney, etc are American heroes/patriots. They exposed some of the most corrupt and insidious (not to mention insulated from review/accountability/need-determination) government programs and greatly tied/forced the government's hands. Anything that harms government's lies and false narratives or causes it to have less options (ie: not permitting them to default to secrecy) is good

I've never stopped supporting Assange. Nor will I. I've always opposed the administration's back-peddling in RE: to the above.

As long as Trump doesn't try to extradite him, he should be free to go. If he's held by any other nation, and if the US Marines aren't sent in to kill them/free him then I may have to reconsider my vote.

But as long as the United States doesn't attempt extradition (the reasons are invented/patently false) and as long as we don't tolerate any other country attempting the same then I have no complaints. Of course I'd still never vote for Democrats, but going third party/libertarian? Very real possibility. Unless our country does the right thing and takes any action necessary to secure Assange.

........I guess on the bright side, if Assange goes down, there is a massive insurance file out there waiting for keys to unlock it.

ON this we agree. Assange is a hero and he makes it hard for the cockroaches to hide. Everyone else will notice he's either a good guy or bad guy depending on who he's exposing. It should come as no surprise that he exposes everyone.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join