It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange, another casualty of Trump and the Alt-Right

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Well it's happening. Sources are all pointing to Ecuador Immin ently Withdrawing Asylum for Julian Assange. This particular source comes from Glenn Greenwald who lead the initial reports of Assange and Wikileaks back in the early 2010s.

With Assange set loose to the wolves, questions are abound as to what lies outside of the embassy walls? One would assume given Assange is a celebrated hero to those supporting Trump's MAGA movement, there'd be some sort of support from the Trump Administration themselves along with their supporters. This however doesn't seem to be the case:

the U.S. Justice Department has never wanted to indict and prosecute anyone for the crime of publishing such material, contenting themselves instead to prosecuting the government sources who leak it. Their reluctance has been due to two reasons: first, media outlets would argue that any attempts to criminalize the mere publication of classified or stolen documents is barred by the press freedom guarantee of the First Amendment, a proposition the DOJ has never wanted to test; second, no DOJ has wanted as part of its legacy the creation of a precedent that allows the U.S. Government to criminally prosecute journalists and media outlets for reporting classified documents.

But the Trump administration has made clear that they have no such concerns. Quite the contrary: last April, Trump’s then-CIA Director Mike Pompeo, now his Secretary of State, delivered a deranged, rambling, highly threatening broadside against WikiLeaks. Without citing any evidence, Pompeo decreed that WikiLeaks is “a non-state hostile intelligence service often abetted by state actors like Russia,” and thus declared: “we have to recognize that we can no longer allow Assange and his colleagues the latitude to use free speech values against us.”

The intercept

It's largely become apparent the Trump Administration isn't a friendly ally to Assange and Wikileaks... at least not in public. It's a far cry from the Trump campaign days of 2016 when Wikileaks was largely praised for their actions. Silence from Trump's very own supporters.

Which leads me to the point of the thread. What's the count on those betrayed by the Trump and his supporters? The more notable ones:

Paul Manafort
President Trump's former campaign chairman
With Mueller Closing In, Manafort’s Allies Abandon Him

Chelsea (Bradley) Manning
Key whistleblower to Wikileaks
The Betrayal: The Cult of Trump turns on Chelsea Manning

Michael Flynn
Former Security Advisor to Trump
Trump lawyers believe Flynn poised to cooperate in Russia inquiry – reports

Michael Cohen
Trump's (former) personal Lawyer
Michael Cohen recorded Donald Trump for 'insurance' should president turn on him, legal experts say.
Michael Cohen breaks his silence and makes a full split from Trump: 'I put family and country first'

Steven Bannon
Former Whitehouse Strategist
Trump Tower meeting with Russians 'treasonous', Bannon says in explosive book

And finally Julian Assange. Silence for the moment.

Who's next to be left for dead? Because there's certainly no honor in Trump country. You get used then tossed aside.

+36 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
What does Trump and the "alt-right" have to do with Ecuador pulling his asylum?
edit on 21-7-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

+29 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

You have lost your damn mind.

+23 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
What does Trump and the "alt-right" have to do with Ecuador?

Nothing, but SG needed a daily whine and this was the only thing on the news.

Sorry... it's the Intercept, so the only thing covered on a alt-left op-ed tabloid.

edit on 21-7-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+32 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Uh huh. Pretty sure it was Clinton who wanted to murder this guy with a drone strike.

If anything it sounds like he was a victim of the ridiculous and warmongering Anti-Russian propaganda based on your quotes.

Regardless I would like to express my disgust with the Ecuadorian Government, though that is not my place. It is my place however to say that I will be very unhappy indeed if my government does anything but offer Mr Assange total and complete Asylum for his brave work.

edit on -050008pm7kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Assange leaving Ecuador soon is already being discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Julian Assange stands a better chance at freedom with the Trump administration than with the evil communist Obama administration. Obama just would have had him killed.

I hope he gets free.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Sorry... it's the Intercept, so the only thing covered on a alt-left op-ed.

How did you come to the conclusion that the Intcercept is 'alt-left', whatever that means?

You do know who Glenn Greenwald is?

Glenn Greenwald defends 'Obama could rape a nun' attack on supporters

Obama killed a 16-year-old American in Yemen

Just it's not the typical rightwing tripe you're accustomed to Lum doesn't make it 'leftist'.

Is that Bud you're having?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Funny how he was supposedly a Russian mouth piece, Trump is a Russian Manchurian candidate, he's "responsible" for this, and that's a bad thing from the left.

I don't like Trump as a person, I don't hate him as a president.... But I sure as f#k don't get why the left is so rabid against him and his supporters when that hate got him elected.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Julian Assange stands a better chance at freedom with the Trump administration

Arresting Julian Assange is a priority, says US attorney general Jeff Sessions

Haha.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

How did you come to the conclusion that the Intcercept is 'alt-left', whatever that means?

Haha, guy who says "alt right" in a post where they aren't remotely related to the subject at hand questions what alt-left means.

That said Glenn is not "alt-left". He's one of the most respectable liberals on the planet who doesn't look at the world through rose colored lenses. Hats off to him, I respect him as much as anyone on the right.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I don't like Trump as a person,

Oh really?

What about him don't you like? Share with us because this surely... surely plays into this claim of yours that you're on the fence.

You're full of snip

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Slow down now. Bannon and Cohen betrayed Trump, not vice-versa. Manning, well... when the hell did those of us on the Trump side ever champion Bradley Manning? We've all said for years the Obama prosecution of him was merely an agreement he made with that administration to get the tax payers to pay for his sex change operations and therapy. I don't recall the narrative there ever changing. We appreciated what he did to throw a little mud at the establishment, but it ended there. Flynn lied to the Pence and was dumped over his dishonesty. Manafort is the only guy remotely thrown to the wolves here and, frankly, he was also one of Trump's few mistakes... the guy is an establishment leftist who never should have been on the campaign to begin with.

I'll hold judgement where Assange is concerned until we actually see some movement happen. I suspect the US is offering Assange some manner of deal in which he can simply head to the USA. Rape is not an extraditable offense in the US/Sweden convention of extradition, which means the US can put him up in a dog and pony show, then drop the charges, and he becomes a 100% free man so long as he stays in the United States or returns to Australia, which does not extradite Australian nationals over rape charges. In other words, the DOJ may actually be throwing a major bone to Assange and granting him release from the prison he's been holed up in for the past 6 years while the reactionaries scream about how the US is throwing him under the bus.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
What does Trump and the "alt-right" have to do with Ecuador pulling his asylum?

Nothing, UNLESS my idea here is correct and the US levels strong enough charges on him to arrange for him to be directly released to US authorities and flown immediately stateside or, also possible, flown to Ecuador, then to the US.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Sorry... it's the Intercept, so the only thing covered on a alt-left op-ed.

Glenn Greenwald defends 'Obama could rape a nun' attack on supporters

Obama killed a 16-year-old American in Yemen

Just it's not the typical rightwing tripe you're accustomed to Lum doesn't make it 'leftist'.

Is that Bud you're having?

Actually, Pendelton.

I read the article, which is more than I did to your OP.

You have a template, I have noticed.

[Insert Inflammatory Headline Here]

[Insert anti-Trump rant here]

[post enough shady links and images to make it look like I took time at it]

[Finish with RREEEEEeeeeee... Orange one bad and the world is ending!!!]

[Post so I can get negative attention for the day. Cry.]

edit on 21-7-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I asked you a question. Why are you avoiding it?

I'll ask it again.

How did you come to the conclusion that the Intcercept is 'alt-left'?

edit on 21-7-2018 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: DBCowboy

Julian Assange stands a better chance at freedom with the Trump administration

Arresting Julian Assange is a priority, says US attorney general Jeff Sessions

Haha.

Sessions also was on board with putting Hillary in prison... where did that charge go? Has pot enforcement increased like Sessions said it would? Will you say Jeff Sessions has been betrayed and wax poetic over him when he's fired from his position following the midterms and replaced with an AG who actually does his GD job?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Oh really?

What about him don't you like? Share with us because this surely... surely plays into this claim of yours that you're on the fence.

As a person he is morally bankrupt towards any significant other he's had.

It's been proven he can lie on things that have been proven against his word before he lies.

He campaigned for isolationism and gave full control to generals who have proven they will waste money and "collateral damage" (civilians).

So Southern Guardian, at least I'm honest and don't project one side all the time for the sake of following the script of my tribe.

Dont worry, between me and you everyone knows who's full of "snip".

Any time a partisan member reads something of mine they like, I promise you I let them down soon after.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

He campaigned for isolationism and gave full control to generals who have proven they will waste money and "collateral damage" (civilians).

So Southern Guardian, at least I'm honest and don't project one side

No no, I think you're being wholly dishonest and play the fence to further legitimize your arguments. It was only the other day you stated rather clearly that the Trump administration wasn't part of the establishment administrations prior. The fact he's bombed other countries is of little matter to you. You've never posted anything about it.

You support him and his administration, don't pretend otherwise.

Bud?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join