It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is free speech going to be enshrined in our Australian Constitution?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
"Protester rushes stage as activists clash with police at far-right Lauren Southern’s Melbourne event"
JULY 21, 20185:18PM
www.news.com.au... d2c901af9f679906451dc1a72

A PROTESTER screaming “I love Muslims!” rushed the stage at far-right commentator Lauren Southern’s Melbourne event and was bundled off by security. Several activists had to be removed from the room as others clashed with riot police outside, who used pepper spray on the crowd.

“I wanted to interrupt the thing. I think it’s really dangerous what’s happening. Hate speech should be interrupted.”

Right-wing activist Neil Erikson filmed protesters before being hauled away from police. He and two other men are charged with affray and riot over an incident outside an event by controversial commentator Milo Yiannopoulos last year.

Victoria Police is reportedly charging the Canadian provocateur than $67,000 for their presence at the event.

“It is disappointing that we had to use significant resources to mediate between two groups with opposing views,” said Commander Tim Hansen. “Their actions put their lives, the lives of the public and the lives of police officers at risk.”

And the Police will be sending them the Bill

Security around Ms Southern’s talk is reportedly costing organisers thousands with Victoria Police reportedly sending them a $68,000 bill to pay for resources to be used at her show.
An email from Victoria Police quotes the total cost as $230,000 but said police would only charge her $67,842.50, News Corp Australia reported. “As per the Victoria Police (fees and charges) Regulations 2014, Victoria Police has the right to charge any event organiser for the use of police resources,” a spokesman told AAP.

You got to love it. Heaven forbid Police do their tax payer funded job and protect and event from "domestic terrorist"

They "State" was trying to bankrupt them before they even landed in Australia
www.news.com.au... story/7b9a15a56981e4508e5305887f85c0e3

The 23-year-old Canadian was scheduled to appear in Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane and Auckland alongside commentator Stefan Molyneux in a series of events hosted by Axiomatic Media later this month. Hours before she was due to fly out, her Electronic Travel Authority was declined. Ms Southern said she applied for a work visa four months ago but “we keep waiting and waiting and waiting and they keep sending us new hurdles to jump through”. “We’ve been told [by our immigration lawyers] that it’s unprecedented,”

“New Zealand has been a nightmare,” she said. “In New Zealand it was the Islamic community that created a petition to get me banned. They don’t think free speech includes the ability to criticise Islam. I’m sorry but that’s exactly what free speech is and someone needs to really teach them what free speech means before they come and immigrate to western nations.” Ms Southern said it was “scary because the more peaceful person loses out in these kind of battles”

This is whats wrong with this vassal state of a Nation they lead to us to believe its called a democracy. Only their flavour of facts are permitted.

In the interests of "good order" the elephant in the room shall not be discussed. Islam is off limits.

www.amazon.com.au...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531095288

Barbarians: How The Baby Boomers, Immigration, and Islam Screwed my Generation
Lauren Southern

Because really, what have we got to show for it? Nothing but infinite license to put who and what we want in our bodies, while our freedoms to speak, to think, to dream, and to build get more limited every day. We’ve decided to fall backwards off the shoulders of giants, and that fall probably feels good, until you realize there’s going to be a “splat” at the end.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I didn't realize Sydney was also a female name.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

And apparently, Lord Melbourne had a love affair (spiritually not physically) with the young Princess Victoria, soon to be Queen Victoria.
Isnt that Capital!!

Who wooda thunk....
edit on 21-7-2018 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Very interesting: "within a generation western culture will be the minority"

"as more property is purchased by Chinese, you get them raising the communist flag"

Wow

vancouversun.com...

A controversial Chinese flag-raising ceremony at Vancouver City Hall is being decried by some Chinese-Canadians as tacit support for the Communist regime.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Free expression should be a fundamental right regardless where you live on the planet.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Laurens Australian "tour" update
Just an update on how Police use "disturbance of the peace" laws to shut down free speech and by stealth subjugate themselves and the free citizens of Australia to Sharia Law

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Wish i was there, i would have yelled out, i hate Muslims just to be fair.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   

You and I know the police don't think they just enforce whatever orders come from above. Having said Itasca sad state of affairs shutting down people trying to exercise their opinions.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   

IMO, the muslims have been shipped to Australia as they have been shipped to many western countries, for the purpose of taking the place over and forcing everyone into Islam or you might get sl.........

Islam is a very brutal religion, its very much a blokes religion, Its very easy for a bloke to get a divorce, everyone wears the same uniform, all the blokes wear beards, that's how 'oneness' they are.

Islam is very much about "Conformity" to the rules made by the higherups.

religious tolerance is all one way, theirs.

God help anyone who bucks the system.

Laugh if you wish but time will tell who is right.

The fact they've been shipped to most western nations tells me its an agenda item of the NWO.

Things are only going to get worse, so you, the young generation, get to know your soon-to-be rulers.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   

If you want to make free speech a right under the Australian Constitution check out the new Constitution based political party being formed. Its part of their agenda.

The Great Australian Party will in all likelihood be headed up by Senator Culleton and two other staunch pro constitutionalists will also be standing for election, that I know of.

go here to the site and you will see the "Political Party" page.

Know Your Rights Group

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Update

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

to most western nations tells me its an agenda item of the NWO.

top topics

join