It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the UK a second home for US "shadow" projects? Sightings, data and so on...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

I've known of a few aircraft that have staged out of Diego. You can't put anything with a large footprint at the base though. There's not a lot of room for hiding them from base personnel.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

So, I suppose the Green Lady and the thing making all those skyquakes in the early 90s has never used Diego as a staging point, right?

Companion maybe?

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeedFanatic
Its like more than 3000 miles from there to anywhere. You'd station tactial aircraft literally anywhere but there.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I think it's been discussed before that the C5 aircraft carried spare parts and fuel for the triangular aircraft. Usually they would arrive the day before. A few students in my class had placement years with BAe in Warton, and the F117 was based there for testing.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Chris Gibson’s 1989 North Sea sighting from 2004 on ATS.

It’s a shame the posters enter key was broken...

Chris Gibson ATS

edit on 22/7/2018 by EasyPleaseMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
I think it's been discussed before that the C5 aircraft carried spare parts and fuel for the triangular aircraft. Usually they would arrive the day before.

Do you mean it's been discussed here on ATS? Or was it taken frfrom somewhere else?

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The C5 was discussed in the hunt for the fast movers thread.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woody510

The C5 was discussed in the hunt for the fast movers thread.

Is it possible some black aircraft are designed in such a way that they are partially disassembled, enough to fit in on a C-5 for transport? That way it never has to fly anywhere it might be seen.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Pretty much anything can be transported by C-5. The problem comes in at the destination end. You need a lot of pretty specialized equipment to put it back together again.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Pretty much anything can be transported by C-5. The problem comes in at the destination end. You need a lot of pretty specialized equipment to put it back together again.

And specialized people too, I bet.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SonofaSkunk

Some at least. You need people that are familiar with the airframe.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

it isn't the military that does it, its the cosmic trickster, AKA the superspectrum, AKA "them"

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

There have be a couple interesting sightings of weapons tests that didn't make the news in Australia.

to be fair this is what passes for news in Australia. yes this is a legit newspaper and yes these are the real front pages they printed.
go ahead have a look. it'll make your day.

www.google.com.au... GDAwQ2-cCegQIABAB&client=ms-android-verizon

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

That's nothing compared to the Sunday sport over here in the UK

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

Word

Great thread though OP

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
Correct the USAF and RAF might have been flying next gen aircraft for many years with one account picked up many years go on Salisbury plain military exercises involving the black triangular craft crewed by American airforce coming into contact with British soldiers after it had landed and they came across it

A soldier claimed an American pilot aimed a baton at his group and they were all paralysed and funny enough years before that protesters at greenham common said personnel there pointed a stick at them and they had bad headaches and were sick

Are you talking about the same incident/event during both paragraphs? Haven't heard about it before. When that happened?

Also, you have a PM sir.

a reply to: SonOfThor
You have a PM, too.
edit on 23-7-2018 by SpeedFanatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Interesting thread - used to work at BAe Warton and Salmesbury building the JSF/F35-B STOVL model from '97 onwards, when did it go black in the US? Links with Lockheed and Boeing are very close (regularly got offered work in the US). Think the relationship went sour though as BAe/UK stole Stealth 3.0 from JSF, F-117 and B-2.

There's dozens of secret sites around Warton and Salmesbury area and tunnels connecting to the other side of the pennines. Warton radar testing platform is about 80 - 100m from public land and fully viewable to the public. The TEMPEST plane has been on that since 2003-ish.

There's one 'top secret' hangar/shed at those sites (known as shed 5) as far as I know it's been full of the UK secret projects (ATLAS, TEMPEST, PRIMER, MAGMA).

Certainly a lot of secret flights occuring, just not at those sites - would personally recommend sites like HMS/RNAS Inskip or other 'officially closed' sites. No idea what goes on there, used to be UK listening post, was closed down but now has armed US security guards similar to area 51 camo dudes.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

And very interesting post, sir.
There are items in your post that I'm aware of and nice to have a confirmation of them.
As a side note, are you aware of any US "Fastmovers" that were visiting Scottish airfield(s) during, more or less, mid-80s to mid-2000s? Seems there were at least a few very nice visits of certain things during testing phase. Things being said to me are associated with RAF sites at Lossie and Lauchers and were using those bases as a staging point. Heard about a few US "fastmovers" that visited Scotland in the 90s and I'm pretty curious weather you have heard something similar?

There was one alleged incident at BAe Warton when undisclosed US bird had make an emergency landing at Warton. That happened in the early 90s.
Also, what is your opinion on Boscombe Down incident?

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I'd say Lossie and Leuchars after 2008 when Machrihanish shut as before then it stored US nuclear weapons and had seals stationed there.
Personally I don't believe Warton was used for some black project as its just too public.
edit on 23-7-2018 by Woody510 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'd love to hear more about Lakenheath and Leuchars, being that those are places I've been early in my career (2004-2007). I was just a low-ranking fuels guy, so I wasn't privy to anything really interesting, but I can certainly imagine all kinds of things happening that guys like me wouldn't know about.

<< 1    3 >>

join