It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aboard Air C.I.A.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Its not always people who might have ties to terrorists, sometimes just being a foreign person might be enough, in this case the person was a Canadian born Syrian. Read the transcript of this interview with him and a lawyer on the subject of his torture. The thing is in the past the US has condemned this behavior and now is doing it, it was wrong when we condemned and now it is just as wrong when we are condoning it and taking part in it. Nothing has changed except our particpation and makes a mockery of what the uSA is supposed to be built upon freedom and liberty and justice for all, what a joke. As to whether whoever posted this on here is having a hidden agenda by not pointing out the torture and abuse from the other side, why bother our network news and news channels are doing that on a daily basis but no one is talkign about this in the mainstream corporate owned media.

www.democracynow.org.../02/17/1530242
It's the case of the Canadian citizen, Maher Arar. Two years ago, the Syrian-born software engineer was detained by U.S. officials while he was transiting through Kennedy airport. He was then jailed and secretly deported to Syria, held for almost a year without charge in an underground cell not much larger than a grave where he was tortured. Time magazine in Canada named him “Canada's Newsmaker of 2004.” A year before, in November 2003, we spoke to Maher Arar about the torture he endured in Syria. We reached him shortly after he had returned to Canada.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
The USA wasn't built on freedom, liberty, and justice for all just for all Americans.
The rest of the world however is irelevant, unless of course it threatens our interests.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
And so you are admitting that our presence in Iraq is not to bring them the same democracy that we have the same freedoms the President talked about in his inauguration speech, the thing he said we were striving to bring to the world, it is all a bunch of BS just like I thought.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
We are in Iraq because it serves our purpose, installing a democratic regime does so as well.
However we arent doing it for altrustic reasons, it in our best interests to see a democratic Iraq.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
We are in Iraq because it serves our purpose, installing a democratic regime does so as well.
However we arent doing it for altrustic reasons, it in our best interests to see a democratic Iraq.

What would those best interests be? Would it be oil and also having 14 military bases set up to help guard the new oil lines going in?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
yes, not to mention using Iraq as a staging area against Iran, Syria, N korea if necessary.
Not to mention putting additional pressure to reform on Saudi Arabia, syria, Iran etc.

Cheap oil is a matter of National security get over it.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Well I applaud you for being honest enough to tell it like it is. I am so sick of the rhetoric coming out of the Presidents mouth of how we are there to give those poor soul's democracy and freedom and how we are so concerned for them even though we are now responsible for over 100,000 Iraqie civilian citizen's deaths. it just blows my mind that the American people continue to send their sons and daughters to fight and die for this lie.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
I honestly don't have a problem with this for one simple reason. He's not an american citizen.
As the US does not recognise the jurisdiction of the ICC the only law we have to follow is US law. As a foreign citizen he's not protected by US law, has no rights under US law, and quite frankly the CIA can do whatever the hell it wants to foreign citzens as far as I am concerned.

then the u.s. is just the same as the "terrorists" they are in war with.
u.s. is a PART of this world community, they are not from another planet, right?
so i think that laws that are the same for all countires in this world, should apply to the u.s. also.
because if they dont, u.s. is breaking international law,
and that is the same thing as saddam was doing.

so what makes the c.i.a. better than any other "terrorist" intelligence agency, that likes to kidnap, torture and in the end, kill people for their own purposes?

who cares anyway, as long as the american people dont get killed, right?

great philosophy.
SS style.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Ed singer

He is the yin to your yang

Both of you will leap on the slightest wrong, real or imagained, from the other side but completly ignore the wrongs done by your own.

At least Ed doesnt claim to be neutral though.

I will send him a link to this thread I dont like to talk about someone behind their back

oh edsinger!

i belive we have "met before" on this forum.

a friend of doctor H?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join