It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Dept. Releases Secret Carter Page Surveillance Documents at Center of Partisan Clash

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The Justice Department has now released at least one of those FISA Warrant documents related to Carter Page.

Page was for a time part of the Trump Campaign.

Looks like "they" thought Page was being "targeted" by Russians !!

The FBI told FISA judge(s) that Page had established "relationships" with Russians !!

Bet it was all part of an intel gathering operation (by somebody) and the (then) FBI fell for it 😁

412 page pdf with "redactions" !!

Justice Dept. Releases Secret Carter Page Surveillance Documents at Center of Partisan Clash

The Trump administration has disclosed a previously top-secret set of documents related to the wiretapping of Carter Page, the onetime Trump campaign adviser who was at the center of highly contentious accusations by Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee that the F.B.I. had abused its surveillance powers.

[Read the documents here.]

Democrats in February rejected the Republican claims that law enforcement officials had improperly obtained the warrant, accusing them of putting out misinformation to defend President Trump and sow doubts about the origin of the Russia investigation. But even as Republicans and Democrats issued dueling memos characterizing the materials underlying the surveillance of Mr. Page, the public had no access to the records.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Damn they had a # TON of information on Page even before you get to the Steele information. I would love to get a hold of some un-redacted versions of this.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The United States of American hereby applies to this Court for authority to conduct warrantless surveillance as described herein,pursuant to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978, as amended,Title 50,United States Code (USC) ? (Fisa or the Act.)

(U) Identity of Federal Officer Making Application This application is mae by Peter Strzok a Supervisory Special Agent (SSA) of the Federal Bureau of Investigation(FBI) whose official duties at FBI Headquarters include supervision of the FBI's Investigation of the above-captioned target based upon information officially furnished to us by Hillary Clinton,the Democratic National Convention, Fusion GPS.,Foreign citizen Christopher Steele, Orbis Intelligence, A British company for the low,low price of $1,000,000 U.S. Dollars.

I LOVE fill in the blanks!

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Disappointing, there is really nothing new in this. The stuff that would be new is all redacted.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

upon information officially furnished to us by Hillary Clinton,the Democratic National Convention, Fusion GPS.,Foreign citizen Christopher Steele, Orbis Intelligence, A British company for the low,low price of $1,000,000 U.S. Dollars.

Wow can you say witch hunt. WTF???

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The Document does confirm that the FBI was open to the judge about the possible motives behind the person that got the information for Fusion GPS, but that they found his evidence to be credible.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: trb71
The Document does confirm that the FBI was open to the judge about the possible motives behind the person that got the information for Fusion GPS, but that they found his evidence to be credible.

Well of course they did they were trying to get a warrant..

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: trb71

Under Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), the U.S. government engages in mass, warrantless surveillance of Americans’ and foreigners’ phone calls, text messages, emails, and other electronic communications. Information collected under the law without a warrant can be used to prosecute and imprison people, even for crimes that have nothing to do with national security.

www.aclu.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Oh I could imagine there are some worried people waiting nervously, and it isn't the POTUS

Uranium not accepted

edit on 7212018 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

edit on 7212018 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Wait for the full one people.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

In a July 2013 interview, Senator and privacy advocate Ron Wyden described the FISC warrant process as "the most one-sided legal process in the United States". "I don't know of any other legal system or court that really doesn't highlight anything except one point of view", he said. Later in the interview he said Congress should seek to "diversify some of the thinking on the court".[26]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I’ll just leave this here...

Q
!CbboFOtcZs
14 Jun 2018 - 1:28:13 PM

321RR.jpg

[[RR]] approved/signed FISA-warrant application(s) to extend surveillance on POTUS/others.
What evidence to support?
Snowball.
[[RR]] @ WH.
Why was Rachel Brand removed?
Critical thinking.
Q

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Damn they had a # TON of information on Page even before you get to the Steele information. I would love to get a hold of some un-redacted versions of this.

He was an FBI Asset just a few years before.

I agree on the unredacted report coming public.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Too redacted to prove much, one way or the other.

top topics

join