It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Isn't Dead!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It's been an unusually quiet time for Paul McCartney, having released his last studio album in the distant past of 2013.

But not really--Paul in his latter career has been focused on solidifying his legacy as a former Beatle. His projects since 2013 have included Beatles and Wings re-issues, and of course numerous stage appearances, meant only to give fans the opportunity to hear Beatles classics live before time runs out. He is often criticized for his somewhat predictable and stale stage act (how many times can you really enjoy a live "na na na na na na hey Jude?") And it shows in the various live albums that pop up, making them a part of my collection that I usually live without.

I have always found the true joy of McCartney to be in new material, not in his attempts to build the brand of "Paul McCartney of The Beatles." Paul is both an artist, and a commercial for the artist he once was.

Throughout the decades his various projects and albums have split the opinions of the fans and critics, but I admire him for always doing what his heart was into at the time.

In September we will once again get to evaluate the artist and the commercial.

edit on 21-7-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
There is definitely a bit of a techno beat to it, and his voice has had some sound adjustments, but I still like it.

Paul always seemed to be the beatle that always promoted that band and still does. Let It Be documentary was totally his idea.

This new stuff is interesting.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Just take a vacation Paul..

I guess we shouldn't look for what isn't there.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Just take a vacation Paul..

I guess we shouldn't look for what isn't there.

Huh?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Thanks for the thread. Not bad these new tunes....

I went off him around the time of London Town. I found his music too repetitive.

When it comes to reinventing yourself, in my opinion David Bowie was the most creative.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
He just appeared on one of the late night shows which I happened to catch while channel surfing. They went to Liverpool which he said he had not been back to in many years.

They drove there in a car and he was interviewed during the drive. They sang while driving to Penny Lane and he signed the street sign like every other tourist and joked that no one would believe it was really his signature.

They went to his old house he grew up in which he said is where he and John collaborated on Mother Mary which was about his Mother who had passed away, and lots of other songs too.

They ended up in a local pub, and the host by himself encouraged a group of people to pick songs on the juke box and the stage curtain opened up and Paul and Band gave a great show for a bunch of surprised people. Needless to say, the Pub filled open quickly, they ended it a song from his new album and was not bad at all. It was overall entertaining.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
But , which Paul ?

Paul is dead
This IS a conspiracy site...
And yes , I am old enough to remember...

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Faul > Paul

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Faul > Paul

Faux Paul ?
"I buried Paul" - John Lennon
From "Strawberry Fields Forever"

edit on 7/21/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Never!

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
It just occurred to me that maybe Lennon meant that he buried Paul 'in the mix'. Weren't they sort of rivals and always vying for lead position on vocals? So maybe he sabotaged Paul's fader and is just confessing...

new topics

top topics

join