It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Display settings big issue please help!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Armadall

The difference in the native resolutions of the display device
If the video card is Nvidia , update the drivers.
And , for either AMD or Nvidia set up different profiles
Windows 10 is as far advanced above 7 as a fire in the cavemen days to a nuclear power plant.

Sorry , I didnt notice your post and was late with the answer

The easiest answer - Dont switch.
The display port will eventually wear out.

edit on 7/21/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Armadall

If you have a restore file, that would work though you'll lose stuff. A wipe would definitely be a little too much.

I missed the part where you said it was a single display adapter. If you boot through normal mode, you should be able to right click on the desktop, open display preferences, and you should have access to chose display options again. Mirroring screens will ensure you always have a desktop on whatever screen, but your resolutions will be...askew lol.

You can also right click on the desktop and sort your icons which should push them all to the screen you clicked on.

Hope this works for you!

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
'I was not happy with it as I love 7 but went with it in the spirit of "trying something new'

I thought vista was better than 7,i'm probably on my own there.
but yes its time to let go of number 7 , 10 is much better.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Armadall
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Yea, it's a desktop that I built about 8 years ago, 16gb RAM, top video card (at the time) Windows 7 professional 64bit, Intel I7 processor. My hard drive failed a week ago and i couldn't find the original boot discs, so when I got a new hard drive the shop upgraded the machine to Windows 10 instead of 7. I was not happy with it as I love 7 but went with it in the spirit of "trying something new", and it was only today that I hooked up the tv to it for the first time since the new hard drive.

I'm thinking about it now, this may be a good excuse to finally upgrade to a new video card capable of a dual monitor set up lol

8 years old ?
To upgrade a video adapter , you are probably going to need an updated system board to go with it.
You can run some newer adapters in the older PCIe slots , yet you wind up with the same bandwith.
Be really cautious if you try the above.
Power requirements on slot and power supply.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join