It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoke got my eyes lookin’ Korean.. is that racist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Lol. Military sent me all over. Not bragging....just wanted peeps to know the depth of my racism is all. Oooooh....forgot Australia!!!!!
a reply to: intrepid

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

The problem is if the shoe was on the other foot the black community would go crazy.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Not in Asia. My wife is from Asia they use the phrase all the time there.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I've had an Asian kid use his fingers to open his eyes wide making fun of my non slanted eyes.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Am I racist because I think 'Charlamagne Tha God' is a stupid name?

p.s. I've never seen/heard of that person, I assume it isn't their birth name.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I've had an Asian kid use his fingers to open his eyes wide making fun of my non slanted eyes.

Yup, it's all a matter of perspective.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TommyD1966

No. It's just a really stupid name.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: TommyD1966

No. It's just a really stupid name.

Anything with "the" in the name as an in your face descriptor is stupid. I also thought Prince's Symbol name was dumb as well.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

My wife is always amazed white people tell her words are racist against Asians that everyone in Asia uses.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
What I want to know is if he pulls some white girl on stage to sing the lyrics he wrote will it be racist?

It is always so iffy.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

What's the point of your name being something you can't pronounce?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Only if she sings them. You aren't supposed to sing the lyrics if you're white.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Since you're white everything you do is racist.

Problem solved.

Rejoice!

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

That would all depend on the context..

If it is saying it is a negative trait to have Asian type eyes then it is racists..

If it is saying it as a good or neutral thing then it wouldn’t be racist..

Racism = saying that one or more races is inferior/superior to one or more races..

So if your not making a claim like that then by definition it is not racist..

Which is one reason the conservative propaganda where they pretend everytime someone falsely accuses someone of racism. That means they are really racist. Lol

We would be far better off if everyone knew the definitions of the words they spout.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Yet black people say it's racist to say the n word regardless of whether or not they mean it as an insult.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Not hateful or discriminatory. Not particularly creative either.

Fair game, poorly played.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Lol, my intimate moments in life have been around the world and with foreign tourists in my area every summer.
I am attracted to all different shapes and styles of the female form regardless of race. If I see beauty it is colourblind for sure.

I don't know anything about the guy in the OP but "Smoke got my eyes lookin’ Korean" in itself is not racist if he has no internal disrespect for Korean people and their eyes.
People are too sensitive these days, the line in the rap/song is no different to say "I last longer than an Ethiopean distance runner" because it is a fair point. One of the most impoverished nations in the world, fastest long distance runners. Is it racist to suggest that genetics are at play there? I say no.

Remember the film "White men can't jump", imagine the tears if a similar film was made "Black men can't swim" not only racist but sexist to many who would be sobbing in their safe cry cupboards.
I'm glad I don't know anyone in real life who gets offended about the lamest of things.

I have friends of different races and we actually tease each other big time. I joke to my black mate he is faster than me because he learned to run after being chased by tigers as a kid (He's as British as me, born here), he's offered to do night time missions to dodgy places teasing me that my pale white skin shines too bright but he can slip around in the shadows lol.
Banter is banter and "Smoke got my eyes lookin’ Korean" is not racist in the sense of real racism, people should cry about the actual problems in the world, not a silly line in a song/rap.
edit on 21-7-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: Clarity

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
So a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That’s because the N word is only a negative lol..

Now if you are talking about “nigga” then it depends on if you know them well enough for them to understand the context ..

Your black friends wouldn’t care or call you a racist because they know the context..
vhe
A stranger isn’t gonna know the context and judging by the fact open racism being cool was WAY less than a life time away.. it’s understandable they would assume you meant it in the worst way..

In my experience there are few friends more loyal than other races onzce you actually become good friends..
z

Which is why some Dems skate after saying questionable things..

If the person has been a supporter of the local black community and says something questionable. They get the benefit of the doubt. as

If it is a republican who has made his bones off spouting about welfare queens people assume the worst..

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

So when a black person says it to their friend it's an insult?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I know right. I had a couple gay buds that we joked around that I found his hairy arse to be disgusting and my arse is exit only brutha. It's all in context I suppose. Friends can say that to one another, but you tell a Korean girl you don't know Eni Meni Pe Po Jih Da(spelling), and you are just asking to get stabbed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join