It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buffy is coming back. Buffy is coming back black

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

"For some genre writers, it's Star Wars. Buffy the Vampire Slayer is my Star Wars. Before I became a writer, I was a fan. For seven seasons, I watched Buffy Summers grow up, find love, kill that love. I watched her fight, and struggle and slay," she wrote. "There is only one Buffy. One Xander, one Willow, Giles, Cordelia, Oz, Tara, Kendra, Faith, Spike, Angel … They can't be replaced. Joss Whedon's brilliant and beautiful series can't be replicated. I wouldn't try to. But here we are, 20 years later … and the world seems a lot scarier. So maybe, it could be time to meet a new Slayer … And that's all I can say."

LINK

She says it could be time to meet a new slayer, not a new Buffy, and she says there is only one Buffy, but she also cops out and says that she can't say anything else. She does not actually confirm or deny anything.

It could just be misdirection, or it could be that they really do not have anything set in stone yet. There could be a lot of behind the scenes contract stuff going on.
edit on 26-7-2018 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

She is back peddling because of the backlash.

I have zero problem with a NEW Slayer, just not Buffy. Heck they can use the name for the show I don't care. There are so many ways they could reboot the show in a new way without doing the whole Buffy story line again. I would love to see a continuation of the comics and where the potentials go. I am sure many of the old cast would be all for making an appearance! It doesn't have to suck! Just please NO NEW Buffy, there is only one.

On a side note I've been re-watching this show since the weekend and I have to laugh. I know EVERY SINGLE word.
Anyone who knows me knows I am a huge fan of the show. Buffy is my soul sister.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join