It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buffy is coming back. Buffy is coming back black

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I just don't get it, the left whinges about "cultural appropriation" when some white girl wears a Japanese dress or has dreadlocks and the right gets the sooks about movies casting women or multicultural actors into what they feel rightfully should be a traditional white role...

Whining about political correctness and then having issues cos something so trivial is in your opinion "not correct"?

WTF does it even matter?

Guess what, things change, life goes on.
The worlds not all of a sudden going to stop turning just because Buffy(or whatever)is... omg....
gasp...
!Different now!...
Ahhhhh!!!

Its crap like this is why we can't have nice things.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

If you would read my earlier post you would see it not about color.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Let's make a movie about Ghengis Khan with John Wayne playing a Mongolian.
Oh...wait...

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Oh...wait...

Yul Brynner would play that role so much better than Wayne.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Was excited for two seconds. Then saw the word reboot. Nothing to do with black actress. Just have no desire to see a reboot. Would watch a continuation or a sequel though. But won't be tuning in for this. Now if they made this new girl just another slayer and Buffy the new Giles. Then yeah. But that probably won't happen. So nope.

Sorry.

edit on 21-7-2018 by karmicecstasy because: I forgot to take my color blindness pill

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Osirisvset

Well if it doesn't matter why change it to begin with?
The worlds not going to stop spinning if God forbid Buffy is a white girl.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Or.

THEY COULD JUST CREATE something new!

Gasp.

The horror!

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hell I can't wait for the Remake of Walker Texas Ranger.

Starring Wesley snipes as walker, and an ex soccer player for Trivett.

Scratch that Walker will become a woman from writing reassignment surgery.

edit on 21-7-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Oh...wait...

That'd be racist.

During Nazi Germany, the books that were burned were mainly from Jewish authors / scholars / intellectuals / academics. I wonder if they set about replacing any of the stories with all new Germanic / Aryan narratives, or just plain removed them from the vernacular.

In any case, this kind of stuff is a timely de facto book burning sort of thing. Not unlike also seen in Communist Russia / China. Just different flavors of censorship.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Or Robert Downey Junior painting himself 'black' to play a role.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

After 2013 they couldnt have even made Tropic Thunder, post Planet SJW.

They've been wanting to do more Austin Powers sequels in recent years. I havent checked up on it in a while, but bet they've had to do all sorts of script rewrites over PC police society now.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Don't forget the movie............Wild Wild West.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I #ing LOVED Buffy! the TV series, was my whole Teen years that! so I am really happy about this!

As for her being Black .... I honestly don't give a #! people are people, it really matters not!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I have never been so damn pissed in my life over a tv show. Buffy has been my favorite show since it aired. I even have a Buffy tattoo. Buffy was like my therapy while it was on. It was my comfort and safety blanket. Buffy was relatable to me in many ways, none having to do with dealing with vamps but her own personal struggles with fitting in and life!

If they want to do a continuation fine, pick a slayer and go with it but to REDO an already PERFECT show with a huge cult following and using a black actress in the role that was written for a WHITE VALLEY GIRL seriously pisses me off! There is NO need to reboot of put anyone else in the role of Buffy. How INSULTING to Sarah Michelle Gellar who played Buffy PERFECTLY. Why does everything have to be so damn PC nowadays? There is no need or want for a reboot! TRUE fans would never want to see anyone else in the role of Buffy. They could do a new show with a new slayer since all potentials are slayers.

I remember when I was going through a really rough time. I watched Buffy season 6 for a week straight. I didn't do anything let alone leave my bed but at the end of those two weeks of inner hell I felt better. I loved that Season because to me it's when Buffy grew the most! It's the most hated as it's considered dark but let's face it Buffy's life was dark!

Ahhhhhhhh I hate this.

Edit to add

I am THAT fan. I have watched Buffy since day one. Any job I had knew I was to be off on Tuesdays. I owned and read every single book that came along with the show. I broke my remote she she sacrificed herself in "The Gift." Yup I threw it at the wall and cried. Besides Buffy the only other show I enjoyed as much is The X Files and don't even get me restarted on that half arsed reboot they gave us.

edit on 7/21/2018 by mblahnikluver because: Add pic

Meet Buffy The Mouse Slayer, yup I named my cat Buffy.

edit on 7/21/2018 by mblahnikluver because: Add another pic

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Robert Downey Jr. as a black man? hahahahaha Not a chance in hell.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Osirisvset

Clearly you're not a fan otherwise you would get it.

I'm a huge fan and I'm 39! Watched it since I was a teenager. Buffy is a WHITE VALLEY girl from Cali! You can't change who she is! That would be like changing Harry Potters complete background! It's ridiculous. Leave the damn show alone. There are so many other ways to redo the show. They can call it Buffy as a homage to her but name the main character something else!!! She is NOT Buffy. If you knew the show in depth you would know there's about a thousand different ways they could go with it. Rewriting an already PERFECT show to fit societies issue with being PC is stupid.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Or.

THEY COULD JUST CREATE something new!

Gasp.

The horror!

Exactly! They could use the storylines from the comics! Hell even bring Faith back, Eliza Dushku doesn't freaking age lol. They could go in so many directions. I would love a continuation in any way but a reboot no just no.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I loved Buffy back in the day. Bought the entire serios on disc.

That said, not interested in this. The series will always be Sarah Michelle Gellar and that original cast of slayers/friends. Maybe the new show will be good. I don't know. There's just not anything so far in the info that drives me to put it on my must watch list.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The virus is spreading... destroying all culture

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Only if they cast Buffie Carruth as the lead...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join