It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parenting Fail? Raising 'Theybies'...Letting Kids Choose Their Gender

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Maybe I'm naive and "out of touch," but this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. As a 57 year old parent of a 22 year old daughter and a 18 year old son, who's gay, I've always believed that children learn, partly by nature and partly by nurture. Their identities are forged in a loving, accepting and open environment, as well as the discovery and curiosity, of their own body parts. It's up to parents to create an open and safe environment, that protects their child's innocence, while allowing their children to develop a positive acceptance of their genitals. That didn't prevent my son to like the color pink, or prevent him from playing with his sister's dolls and clothes. My wife and I never forced him to play with gender specific toys...he played with whatever made him happy, but he still knew he was a boy. When he finally came out last year, I was content in knowing that he was raised in a loving environment, that allowed him to be comfortable in choosing his own sexual identity. My wife and I, never raised our children without a gender designation, yet they both had no issues in choosing their own sexual orientation.

However, now it seems, some parents are taking a different approach in raising their children. These parents refuse to reveal the sex of their children to anyone. They refuse to designate their children based on their anatomy. When their kids discover their genitals for the first time, these parents refuse to let them associate those body parts with being a boy or girl.They don't want their kids to be influenced by gender stereotypes.Their goal, is to let their children choose what sex thay are, without any biases.

Is Zyler a boy or a girl? How about Kadyn? That’s a question their parents, Nate and Julia Sharpe, say only the twins can decide. The Cambridge, Mass., couple represent a small group of parents raising “theybies” — children being brought up without gender designation from birth.

“We read about how from when they're 20-week fetuses, they're already starting to be gendered, and people are calling the little girls ‘princesses,’ and buying certain things for different children,” Julia said. “We wanted to prevent that, so that's how it started. And then about a couple weeks before they were born, Nate just said, ‘What if we didn't tell people ever?’”

That’s not always easy, or comfortable, in a gendered world. Family, friends and day care workers struggle with they/them pronouns, and not everyone understands the Sharpes’ decision to keep the children’s sex private

The Sharpes believe Kadyn and Zyler will know their gender preferences by the time they reach elementary school. No matter how they identify or what pronouns they prefer, their parents are ready to embrace their wishes.

www.nbcnews.com...

Aren't these parents complicating their children's natural development, by raising them to believe that a penis can be associated with a girl, or a vagina can be associated with a boy? With parents not raising children based on their sex, wouldn't this add to a child's confusion, living in a society that's based in a gender binary? Wouldn't this contribute with a child being considered an outcast by their peers? Will this become the new norm...to raise a child with gender neutral pronouns (‘they,’ ‘them,’ or ‘their'), so they won't develop a gender dysphoria? How exactly does this explain all the happy, self assured straight and gay adults, who were raised by parents, who didn't keep their biological sex a secret?

edit on 7/21/2018 by shawmanfromny because: spelling

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

All I can say is there are some weird people in this world. Unfortunately they will pass their weirdness on to there kids.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Kids are not mentally equipped to make such a decision.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

What if I want to be a thetan?

Why are you so narrow-minded as to force me to be human?
edit on 21-7-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Sadly, this is not a joke. The hang-ups of the parents impressed on their children. I would love to see a proper study of the impact on the future mental health of people where their parents have treated them as "nothings".

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I have yet, to this day, seen anyone sit down and decide what sex they will be attracted to. I believe it's not a choice. You are what you are.

If you have boy parts, you are a boy. If you have girl parts, you are a girl.

That has nothing to do with whom you choose to have sex with. And shouldn't.

I have no problem with a man or woman changing their outward look from boy to girl/girl to boy. That is their choice and none of my business.

I don't agree with parents muddying the water before a kid even has a chance to be a kid. Most of this has to do with stereotypes for girls and boys as it relates to their gender. Not their gender itself. For example, boys play football, girls play with dolls. Those are sterotypes and not gender issues.

I also believe these parents may be screwing up their kids. Why does a kid even need to deal with gender issues? Why can't they just be kids?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
What can these parents not understand? If the child has a penis, biologically a boy and if a vagina, biologically a girl. Bring up as biologically identified as such but when they are mature enough explain the birds and bees to them tell them it's OK to self identify when they are ready.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Well, I think parents are (overall) doing a horrible job these days but I don't see any real harm in letting kids have some choice for their future. I mean, that is actually a positive step in the right direction if anything.

I mean there are so many things that parents are doing wrong, this isn't even on the radar.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Waking up to the trainwreak in yellow would be Hell. To spend quality time and invest it in Her would be brutal. For Starters, she's a purveyor of insanity..... on purpose, and should be nowhere around children with her dysfunctional life.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

This is the fruits of the social engineered chaos that can be traced not only to chemical warfare (endocrine disrupting chemicals) and fraudulent social science attempting to be forced upon the population through psychological warfare, but also parroted throughout various Operation Mockinbird outlets sowing discord in all ways possible.

Science is science, nature is nature, procreation is an important aspect of society and it is beyond absurd that this is the direction that people are attempting to go.

In truth this amounts to child abuse and will continue to lead to very real consequences and sadly these parents shall be responsible for the inevitable suicides.

edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago07America/Chicago731amSaturday7 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

I have. I have known numerous lesbians that got tired of men and chose to date women. It was a choice by their own words.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Gender is not a choice. You are either a male or female and no amount of hormones, therapy, genetic manipulation will change what you are born with.

These parents that allow this are mentally incapable of raising children and should be barred from doing so due to the impending psychological harm they are involuntarily causing their offspring.

That is my opinion however on the second statement regarding the topic at hand.
edit on 21-7-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Dumb people raising/making even dumber people and so it goes until we are no longer even human

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This Generation will be looked upon as one of the Worlds Greatest Curiosity's 50 years from now, or not. Depending on who wins.

This may well be how the planet of the apes arises.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Or perhaps the preview of the fall of a nation. It will certainly have a place in history and infamy.

a reply to: BotheLumberJack

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

This seems like nothing more than virtue signaling by the parents. They want to show how neatly they fit into the new sjw world order. Males have penises, females have vaginas. It’s really not that difficult of a concept.

Now that being said, I am all for removing some of the stereotypes associated with males and females. Girls should know that they can be tough, smart and assertive, and boys should know that they can be sensitive without being ridiculed. But to completely ignore the facts of biology, it takes a special kind of person. The kind of person who is willing to ignore facts. The kind of person who will force their beliefs on others and lie and manipulate to get this done. The kind of person who doesn’t care about who gets hurt in the process of them getting attention and virtue signaling. The kind of people who will use and abuse kids.

edit on 21-7-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Lets talk about he parents.... When deciding to have creatures did one say to the other...let me stick my vagina in your penis....I think not.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Is Zyler a boy or a girl? How about Kadyn? That’s a question their parents, Nate and Julia Sharpe, say only the twins can decide. The Cambridge, Mass., couple represent a small group of parents raising “theybies” — children being brought up without gender designation from birth

SCIENCE DENIERS.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Parenting Fail? Raising 'Theybies'...Letting Kids Choose Their Gender

This is how we become the Grey, and all end up living a Stargate Sg-1 one episode.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join