It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isaac Asimov Memorial Debate: Is the Universe a Simulation?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

If this is an illusion, then nothing is real, and nothing is truth.

What is 'aware' space? How could we possibly understand it if we don't know what it is? It's always present like gravity, but it too is called a Theory.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

What is 'aware' space? How could we possibly understand it if we don't know what it is? It's always present like gravity, but it too is called a Theory.

Now is where everything appears............no seeing can happen outside now.
Can you escape now? Or is there only now with nothing separate seeing it.......just now appearing and disappearing.
edit on 21-7-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

1. Whoever made us, is a complete arrogant nutcase and we're all #cked.

Have you been watching 'Westworld'? Lol.
Ford is a psychopath.

Played perfectly by Anthony Hopkins. Talk about perfect person to play that part?!!

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Nothing is appearing to happen!!

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Nothing is appearing to happen!!

You may be programmed to believe what you just wrote.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Imagine a wave believing that is a separate thing and fearing it's ending....................when the wave ends........it finds it was the whole ocean..it was never separate.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I could imagine that yes. I did that after escaping my axe weilding ex. My greatest fear would be finding out it was true.
edit on 21-7-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

So here is where I am at. There is only one of us. We know everything. Nothing ever changes. So the greatest challenge is uniqueness and originality. We know ourselves too well, so how do we create something that will give us 'different'?

We separate ourselves into different beings with amnesia, and this would still be in heaven or the spirit world. How much power of creation do you give these newly created beings? As much as the original? Would they then be able to change even the original reality itself so possible destruction ruins everything? I don't think so. When you split yourself off, you lessen the powers of the newly created beings so they would still be able to create but not destroy the original structure itself.

You could then create safeguards that would have hard coded rules so if the entire structure became unstable, it would collapse back onto itself and reemerge as the original 1 being with all of the prior knowledge still intact, plus all of the newly acquired information that was gained after the split.

So maybe even god themselves don't know the original plan, just that they are. They even get bored and thus here we are. Boredom, the greatest creative force in the world and the most destructive. Boredom is greater than any physical pain there is.

But I have no clue. I just try and imagine if there was only one of us, how would you escape the boredom, the all knowing and the never changing?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

It may be that we have to fight ourselves (each other), those who are not on our frequency who pose a threat to our survival.

I liked your analysis of this. We may be fighting ourselves but in pieces. Introverts against Extroverts, Negative frequencies vs Positive ones.

This too may be a program to press us forward, into the ether of time, towards our finality. God I hate this place..

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Excellent. Then I am the opposite, God I love this place.

For if there is truly only one of us, this reality offers a wonderful escape.

And our differing views are what makes this reality great, as much as I loathe the idea. Those liberals and worshipers of everything non free will, non self responsibility, non self accountability and tyranny actually serve a purpose. They give meaning to freedom, to perseverance, to free will and individuality.

I am struggling with this one. Because if we come to a homogeneous society of righteousness and honor, would that in itself ruin things?

Was our greatest decision ever made in the garden of eden? The decision to consume the 'apple' which granted us mortality. What kind of hell on earth would this place be if we were still immortal upon this material realm?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

If we are opposites, then we exist for each other.

I just looked out my terrace at the sun and a thought went through my mind.

As I looked outside at the sun and the blue sky and trees I had a thought, which was What if this very moment right now, me looking outside is being recorded for future generations to witness? Generations to witness because one day they may not have the chance we do to experience the beauty of the true nature of our World as we see it now, and that maybe we're taking advantage of it. We may not know it now but the thought still went through my mind as I witnessed the world outside of my terrace.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

We may not know it now but the thought still went through my mind as I witnessed the world outside of my terrace.

Are you not the witness of thoughts and sensations as well as what you consider 'outside'?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Another great path to increase the enjoyment of this reality, simple appreciation of what is.

Everything we experience, think, act on and contemplate is recorded somehow. Maybe just for ourselves. Once we pass beyond the veil, all these experiences are available to us, to relive at our pleasure. Maybe a great pastime in the spiritual word is sharing these moments with other souls, because we are split out even there and have not yet returned to the whole.

I try to live as much in the present as I can, but why waste past presents? I would love to be able to go back and fully immerse myself in the past, even for week, knowing what I know now. To go back to college when I had very limited responsibilities. Then with the weight of responsibility known now, that would be a new kind of freedom.

What if when our first encounter with shedding this mortal coil comes, we are presented with a choice. To go back to say when we were 5 years old, and relive this life with our accumulated knowledge. That rebirth would split out a new reality where everyone would still be ignorant, except for yourself. Maybe we are the ignorant with one among us with that knowledge, living it up.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
There is only one of us. We know everything. Nothing ever changes. So the greatest challenge is uniqueness and originality. We know ourselves too well, so how do we create something that will give us 'different'?

We separate ourselves into different beings with amnesia, and this would still be in heaven or the spirit world. How much power of creation do you give these newly created beings? As much as the original? Would they then be able to change even the original reality itself so possible destruction ruins everything? I don't think so. When you split yourself off, you lessen the powers of the newly created beings so they would still be able to create but not destroy the original structure itself.

Did you read this that was posted earlier in the thread?

What you are actually is beyond words, but it would be not untrue to say you are nothing whatsoever other than pure, infinite, disembodied consciousness/intelligence; a field of miraculous infinite light; God dreaming itself; an infinite point of pure potential; or the infinite implications of nothing whatsoever.

The immediate presentation of this unspeakable actuality is the field of your experience, which is an instantaneously appearing virtual field of Radiant Presence as apparent qualities. This is the actuality of which every/ and any/ thing that you think exists consists. This is inclusive and complete; nothing whatever other than this field exists. In short, the entirety of Reality is the "bubble" of YOUR experience, the field of Radiant Presence, which alone exists.

This is the totality of Reality. This is not theoretical, but is actually, immediately real; always the case right here right now.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Perhaps we all are.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Perhaps we all are.

You are merely the witness of what is appearing.
What is appearing is aware of itself.

There isn't any thing or any one ...................there is simply what is. And 'what is' can appear as words speaking about what isn't.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

What if when our first encounter with shedding this mortal coil comes, we are presented with a choice. To go back to say when we were 5 years old, and relive this life with our accumulated knowledge. That rebirth would split out a new reality where everyone would still be ignorant, except for yourself. Maybe we are the ignorant with one among us with that knowledge, living it up.

If i could go back to being 5 again, I'd smack my Brother out for attacking me while riding my bike with sticks and making me crash. My Brother could be an #hole but he was there for me when I was older so I've silently forgiven him for his ignorance.

I think there's always one with knowledge. Families are a good example, there's always one within the family unit who is somehow more aware than the others, in my experience, and well, that one always becomes the black sheep no one pays attention to and everyone retreats from when they have something to share outside the norm.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

But if we are simply in a bubble of our own reality and everything, including you typing now, is a figment of our imagination would this be as pleasurable as it is? If we had those powers of creation, wouldn't it be better to create 'others' with their own free will to inhabit our reality?

I understand what you are saying and your adherence to everything being part of everything else, that we are all one, but isn't that train of thought what we were possibly trying to escape in the first place?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

It would yes, but what if we could create people from nothingness. They would have no recollection of what was because they'd be new.

And if we gave them free will upon creating them, would it be due to a computer simulation? Or would it be something else? How would we or they know the difference?

We're just 'here', we can only decifer what we know, and experience right now, everything else is speculation.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Perhaps we all are.

You are merely the witness of what is appearing.
What is appearing is aware of itself.

There isn't any thing or any one ...................there is simply what is. And 'what is' can appear as words speaking about what isn't.

What you describe as being aware of itself, may be that entity we were created by and possibly who we are right now.

We may be awareness experiencing itself.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join