It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you support him If trump postponed the 2020 election

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yeah, OK... Retriever pups are cool. That would make me feel a small pang from somewhere deep in the cockles region of my heart... as I proceeded to still vote for the man who's saving me some serious money on taxes every payday, YEAH! Am I right?

Seriously, at this point there's only 2 things which would make me not vote for Trump (3, but 3 is a wild card at best.)

1. My taxes going up.
2. My rights being infringed.
3. Someone who will save me more, protect my rights more comes along.

Screw all of this moral equivalence noise. The simple act of being in DC makes someone the moral equivalent of Lucifer, so why in the hell get selective over anything non-tangible? Money and rights, both can be measured and as long as both are strong, who the hell cares what the guy does?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Ahabstar

Only if he won the popular vote too..

For both sides having an electoral college opens the door to out comes the majority doesn’t agree with..

If you have an out come the majority doesn’t agree with in a democracy people get pissed.

If he wins the electoral college again and again loses the popular vote it will just cement how broken the system is in favor of the slave states..

Because that’s where the electoral college comes from... the divide between free and slave states.

Has nothing to do with free and slave states. Did you have history classes ever? It was established by the founding fathers for 2 reasons. One it guarantees a tyrant cannot become president. Imagine if the states of California,New york,Texas and Florida got together those 4 states have enough population to make every other vote in the country irrelevant. Those 4 states could decide the president and the other stated could do nothing. This means simply by a president creating a coalition he could capture the popular vote.

The other thing the founders didnt want was majority rules. A majority by its very definition will not look out for minority groups. With the electorial college the founding fathers built in a buffer to make sure one group cannot control the country.

For example if you removed california from voting numbers Hillary lost the popular vote. California broke heavily for Clinton . So in that state she won Florida broke for Trump but he only got about 100000 more votes. But look at california the split was so uneven she won by over 4 million votes. By the way most states were close california is a major outlier and something is wrong. You have to ask yourself why California is so different from the rest of the country.

edit on 7/21/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Am I right?

A few orders of magnitude righter than the OP.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

You forgot the logistics of trying to count votes across the entire Eastern seaboard in an era before the horseless carriage was invented.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

52% of republicans would support trump if he postponed the 2020 election if he said it was to stop illegal aliens from voting

Of course they would. They don't care about America or the American people, they only care about being in a tribe with a strong leader to fight against sanity, science, equality and every other good thing.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

So true. They’re still pissed about the 5 million fraudulent votes they can’t find—similar to the nonexistent deep state.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Did you just insinuate that Republicans are not Americans?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

52% of republicans would support trump if he postponed the 2020 election if he said it was to stop illegal aliens from voting

Of course they would. They don't care about America or the American people

No, no, we don't care about you or your opinion. We adore America and the American people because that's what we are.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Who needs a history class?!?!

From time magazine..

www.google.com...

In other words, in a direct election system, the North would outnumber the South, whose many slaves (more than half a million in all) of course could not vote. But the Electoral College—a prototype of which Madison proposed in this same speech—instead let each southern state count its slaves, albeit with a two-fifths discount, in computing its share of the overall count.
it was that the slave states were less populated, but still wanted a legislative majority.. and even at the beginning we’re scared to death of losing their slaves.

It was the reason they had a “3/5 a person law” because again, the slave states wanted to have their cake and eat it too..

They wanted their slaves to count for legislative purposes, but weren’t gonna let them vote.

They wanted full value, the 3/5 a person was actually from the abolitionist side of things..

With the exception of a war here or there and expansionism, Slavery was the dominant issue from our founding to the civil war..

And how exactly does an electoral college stop us from having a tyrant?!?!

It doesn’t...

BECAUSE AN ELETORAL COLLEGE LETS A MINORITY RULE.. AND OBVIOUSLY IT IS EASIER TO GET A MINORITY TO BACK A TYRANT...

It is easier to get a minority to do anything..

BECAUSE IT IS A SMALLER NUMBER OF PEOPLE..

So tell me the truth??

Do you really believe your nonsense or is it just a team sport for you??

edit on 21-7-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

So true. They’re still pissed about the 5 million fraudulent votes they can’t find—similar to the nonexistent deep state.

It was actually 3.8 million when you look at voter rolls vs census data. There was 3.8 million more voters registered then we had eligible voters. Voter rolls are very hard to maintain and include dead people and ineligible voters. Fact is its very hard to stop someone from voting illegally since most states do not have an effective way of verifying eligibility

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Arnie123

That really didn't sound very unhinged.
Just sayin.
It absolutely did, without any critical thinking applied.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

This is a false question.

Because (obviously) everyone who voted for Trump would be immediately put to death by the leftist Justice Brigade as punishment.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

You could make a case about the ones flying confederate flags I guess..

It doesn’t get much more unamerican than that.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Unamerican, you say? Cool, then let's get right to the process of how you wish all unamericans to be treated. Where are my food stamps, tax payer funded health care, subsidized housing, free education for my children, tax credits, acceptable excuses for any crimes I commit, and free "sue you for infringing" card I can use to game money from anyone who offends me?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

You could make a case about the ones flying confederate flags I guess..

It doesn’t get much more unamerican than that.

Freedom of expresssion is pretty American, it seems to me—even if that expression makes you look like an ignorant hayseed.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yea..

When was the last public official executed by the democrats?? Lol

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

Not when your flying the flag of the most notorious group in American history.. who killed more US service members than anyone else bar none.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

t will just cement how broken the system is in favor of the slave states..

Who are the slave states? LOL

Why are you for State rights on every other subject . Bur when it comes to electing the POTUS you dont want state rights???

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

That's why I'm in favor of the electoral college. We should designate democrats to count as 3/5 of a person. Voter fraud solved!

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CigaretteByrnes

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: olaru12
I almost feel sorry for trump, he thought he was going to be loved and respected by our ally's instead he is mocked and ridiculed on the world stage.

www.nytimes.com...

Unless he can repair his image...he's done, his ego can't stand the strain!

ANd we dont give a rat's a__ what the world thinks .
This is about the US
Barack , is that you ?

People like you are the worst. So ignorant and stupid.

Really ?
Just name calling ?
Anything to say why the US should care what the world thinks?
Who is the ignorant one here ?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join