It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Announces $200M in Military Support for Ukraine as It Fights Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Looks like the U.S. is adding more support for the country of Ukraine !!

They have been at odds with Russia for a few years now.

Maybe Trump and Putin want to end the conflict ❓

Bet they had some views for each other on Ukraine.

Now what ❓

Pentagon Announces $200M in Military Support for Ukraine as It Fights Russia

The Pentagon announced Friday it is providing $200 million in training, equipment, and advising to Ukraine to strengthen its military, which is locked in low-grade war with Russia.

The move will likely rankle Russia, which invaded Ukraine in 2014 and annexed the peninsula in Crimea. Ukrainian and Russian-supported forces have been battling in eastern Ukraine since.

“This reaffirms the long-standing defense relationship between the United States and Ukraine and brings the total U.S. security sector assistance to Ukraine to more than $1 billion since 2014,” a Pentagon statement said.
😎⚖😎

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Maybe Trump and Putin want to end the conflict ❓

They do.

And you can bet that after they end this the MSM will keep screaming how evil is Putin and how manipulated is me Trump.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What the hell does 200 million get you these days? I think one patriot missle system costs around a 3 million dollars. I guess if you buy a system with 3 radar discs and 3 control stations with a hundred or so missiles would cost just over 150 million...so again what the hell does 200 million get you?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This can't be right .
Trump is President
Putin is Trump's puppet handler
NVM the fact one of the first moves Trump made was sending air defense weapons to the Ukraine.
Still cant be correct though...
Putin and Trump were in a closed meeting , remember ?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

What the hell does 200 million get you these days? I think one patriot missle system costs around a 3 million dollars. I guess if you buy a system with 3 radar discs and 3 control stations with a hundred or so missiles would cost just over 150 million...so again what the hell does 200 million get you?

Any little bit helps
How many pro Russian forces do you believe are in the Ukraine ?
How many aircraft ?
How many MBTs ?

edit on 7/20/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

I think you answered your own question. It gets you some help that you didn't have before. Plus it is up to 1 billion since 2014. How much do you want to give them?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
www.washingtontimes.com... well we threw 1 billion at the problem allready but its suposedly for command and control goodies

The Defense Department approved a $200 million military aid package to Ukrainian forces on Friday, bringing the total amount of American weapons and equipment sent to support Kiev’s fight against Russian-backed separatists in the country to $1 billion. The military support package will include new “capabilities to enhance Ukraine’s command and control, situational awareness systems, secure communications, military mobility, night vision, and military medical treatment,” according to a Pentagon statement. Pentagon officials have also agreed to provide “cooperation funds for additional training, equipment and advisory efforts to build the defensive capacity of Ukraine’s forces,” as part of the effort, the statement says.
so seems to be for fixing stuff and training but the wording seems pretty vague

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Wish they would stop giving away money to other countries and start minding our own effin business...

US has way more needs to be giving away money to ungrateful #unts...!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Yes evil Putin wants to invade the Ukraine, oh my God, He really wants an ongoing war with massive Russian casualties. Having to put troops and tanks on the streets and start a good old time Soviet expansion. Is the West stuck in some sort of time warp? The same old cold war rhetoric is just getting boring. The fact is the West needs a war because it cant change its economy, the problem is Putin doesn't want to play. Meanwhile the tent cities just keep growing.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I thought Trump was Putin's bitch? Assuming their collusion is true, I guess the real treasonous act is the one Putin apparently has committed against his own country and not the other way around.

We should send advisors of the resistance here to Russia immediately. They can instruct the Russian people on the most effective way to scream at the sky.

edit on 20-7-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Good to see America is okay on giving weapons to that Nazi Dictatorship to help them suppress an uprising against said Nazis.

America just doesn't seem able to back the right side of conflicts these days... Maybe they should stop involving themselves entirely.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Also still funding the Azov Battalion... like Obama

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
But I thought the Ukrainian people voted to be part of russia?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
It's baffling the amount of cognitive dissonance they are sowing in people's minds these days. This is obviously an affront to Russia if there ever was one, yet in reality it is just another volley in the back and forth pissing match between one side and the other.

Last week Trump supporters were saying how we shouldn't be goading Russia into war, now they are saying that this obvious "goading" by funding Russia's enemies is somehow a good thing, in total opposition of what they've been saying for weeks on end.What the actual #? How can you guys be so blind to the psychological games they are playing on you?
edit on 7/21/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
But I thought the Ukrainian people voted to be part of russia?

Just Crimeans which are predominantly ethnic Russians.

edit on 21-7-2018 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
[sarcasm]Putin's master plan to have Trump completely undermine his strategic posture is proceeding well...[/sarcasm]

top topics

join