It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump poised to take control of the Federal Reserve

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa

originally posted by: subfab

originally posted by: madenusa

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: CharlesT

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

I dunno... from what I just read in the OP Trump is pushing for hyperinflation?

Only conclusion I got out of it... which would be a silly gamble with diminishing returns....

I don't see any other way to manage the national debt and unfunded liabilities other than to inflate them away.

It's a possibility... the Roaring 20's all over again.

But there is a rather horrible downside to that... see the Great Depression.

I'm no fan AT ALL of the federal reserve, btw. Wilson sold us all out on that deal.

However, an exit strategy would be nice.

Besides the next Great Depression.
If you have an adequate food and water supply, you better have an adequate gun and ammo supply... this generation is not like the 20s

this generation is worse.
it's a generation of social media darlings and instagram "models". waiting in line for 8 hours to save $10 at a build a bear.
the only time this generation will get upset is when internet is priced too high and fuel is above $4.50 a gallon.
If this generation looses there cell phone service it will be an zombie apocalypse. "matrix" how do I think now independently..

exactly!!

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Actually it was what caused those business people to do that, which is really responsible. That was sub prime lending requirements. The government told businesses they had to take on bad debt so smart businesses started offloading their bad debt to others.

Government meddling causes most problems that don't quickly self resolve.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Without the federal reserve there would be zero banking regulations. This means no oversight at all. This was already done and local banks swindled their customers.

lol. Banks that did that would go out of business fast. I mean you may let them swindle you, but I negotiate a little more aggressively. Banks would have to become more competive.

You also would have no protection if your bank went bankrupt. You would simply lose any money you had in an account.

If your bank goes bankrupt, then you chose the wrong bank. There is a reason rich people use banks that are not in this country.

The other thing is interest rates would be set locally before the federal reserve their were banks loaning money with 50 percent interest. It was so bad that banks in huge markets such as san Francisco were charging 3 times the intrest rates of other banks.

Just go to a bank that doesn't charge that much. Seems simple enough, especially with how everything is connected now. It is not 1900 anymore.

Then without a central bank international purchases would be impossible and all foriegn exchange would stop.

Wow. I wonder how they did it before the federal reserve, and since we all are connected today it should be much easier. So no. It would not stop. It would just change mediums.

People like you have no clue what the reserve does and how important it is.

And what kind of people is that exactly?

In fact without it you couldnt even buy stocks on wall street.

lol. That is a lie.

Used to be they actually had to open up accounts and transfer the money to the trading floor. So if you wanted to invest you would have had to send them a bank transfer for what ever amount you wanted to buy stocks with.

You just explained why what you said before was a lie. Stocks were traded before the Federal Reserve existed. Also it is a good thing we don't live in 1900 and we are connected today huh, so it wouldn't be as difficult. Like the old saying goes. Better let people just think your an idiot, than opening your mouth and removing all doubt.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: PainGod
a reply to: highvein

the meeting at jekyll island.

I am not sure what the name of the island was. You may be right.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Great. Now that will go bankrupt too, like every single business he's had

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Konduit
Most of Congress was on Christmas break when the Federal Reserve Act was voted into law on December 23rd, 1913. Pretty shady business. A coincidence, no doubt.

Where'd you see that?

• Passed the House on September 18, 1913 (287–85, 5 Present)
  • Passed the Senate on December 18, 1913 (54–34)

It passed with bi-partisan support. Notice the dates as well. Stop buying into the conspiracy bull****.

The Senate Passes the Federal Reserve Act

It took many months and nearly straight party-line voting, but on December 23, 1913, the Senate passed and President Woodrow Wilson signed the Federal Reserve Act.

This is straight from the senate.gov website. Where exactly do you get your information from? Reminder that this was a product forced on the people by Democrats.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I gave you my source, the date is off but the vote totals do not show everyone was on Christmas break as you claimed. From your source:

...the Senate adopted the conference report by a vote of 43 to 25...

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

This is the tightest monetary policy since Paul Volcker headed the institution in the mid-1980s. It will be recalled his policies led to back-to-back recessions. Current Fed monetary policy is directly in conflict with the president’s economic goals.

Bottom Line

The president can and will take control of the Fed. It may be recalled when the law was written creating the Federal Reserve the secretary of the Treasury was designated as the head of the Federal Reserve. We are going to return to that era. Like it or not the Fed is about to be politicized.

www.cnbc.com...
edit on 7/25/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Government meddling causes most problems that don't quickly self resolve.

The problem with that comment is that Gov't doesn't meddle until Private corporate lobbyist tell them to meddle. Think Obama care, bailouts,etc.

Big Corporations run the gov't not the other way around. Our politicians are to dumb,corrupted,in debt, and lazy to actually do anything. They just robosign what the lobbyist put in front of them.

The only time Nancy Pelosi told the truth was when she said you have to pass the bill to know what is in the bill. They just sign what is put in front of them. Gov't inefficiencies and waste is designed by the lobbyist that benefit from it.

edit on 59731America/ChicagoWed, 25 Jul 2018 07:59:03 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

In this case, the special interest group was a social engineering group, not a business. So that kind of blows a hole in your theory that businesses run the government. Lobbyists run the government, I can agree with that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join