It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump poised to take control of the Federal Reserve

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   
The Fed was just the bank.
The CFR was the brains all along.
Trump breaking with the CFR?
That would be interesting.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Cut social spending. Democrats will never let it happen. They'd rather run us into another great depression.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04Cut social spending. Democrats will never let it happen. They'd rather run us into another great depression.

That will help absolutely nothing.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Someone please remind me who was the last POTUS that tried to put a leash on the federal reserve BANK?

He got his brains air-conditioned in Texas, from multiple angles.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
The Federal Reserve being a Private bank and also being the main power broker for the Swamp/Deep State, I would think it's one of the main objectives for Trump.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Wouldn't it be awesome if Trump put Ron Paul on the BoG of the Federal Reserve??

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Trump has been jabbing at the Federal Reserve recently and maybe something is going to happen.

Apparently there's many "open" seats waiting for confirmation on The Board of Governors.

Those new "BofG's" can end up on the Open Market Committee too.

Trump has been citing "Interest Rates" and wants them to remain low.

Possibilities ❓

Dick Bove: Trump poised to take control of the Federal Reserve

President Donald Trump has multiple reasons as to why he should take control of the Federal Reserve. He will do so both because he can and because his broader policies argue that he should do so. The president is anti-overregulating American industry. The Fed is a leader in pushing stringent regulation on the nation. By raising interest rates and stopping the growth in the money supply it stands in the way of further growth in the American economy.
The Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve is required to have seven members. It has three. Two of the current governors were put into their position by President Trump. Two more have been nominated by the president and are awaiting confirmation by the Senate. After these two are put on the Fed’s board, the president will then nominate two more to follow them. In essence, it is possible that six of the seven Board members will be put in place by Trump.

🚬🔫

What? He's gonna buy it out? Since it isn't part of the federal government but a separate entity...

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Does this mean free money for all Trump supporters?

Trump should announce this as part of his 2020 strategy.

Promising free # certainly gets Dems a lot of cheap votes, why not give it a try?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I’m no fan of the Fed, but can someone tell me why keeping inflation in check is a bad thing?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: JAY1980
Someone please remind me who was the last POTUS that tried to put a leash on the federal reserve BANK?

In front of God and everybody else.

If Trump does fall? I hope all of you guys that support him as I do. Are willing to match the
courage he has displayed to us. And not let
another brave man go down in vien. Another
murdered pres. in the face of todays common
knowledge. Should be the last straw.

It should break the camels back. I know I'm
sick to death of being a slave to a monetary
system owned by people void even of any
citizenship of the U.S. A monetary system
that should be owned by no one.

If it is decided to risk martyring him. I'm
willing to back him with my life. Let the
drama unfold to a brighter future for our
young people today. Because right now
that's the direction I see Trump going.

Who doesn"t see the impossibility of these
kids today. Having the slightest thought of
raising a family in todays economy. Without
being thrown out on the streets? If a young
couple today just starting out aren't both from
a rich family? The prospects of happiness are
dismal at best. And a lifetime of paying bills
and constant stress of paying the rent with
with non living wages is tantamount to
slavery.

I see the responsibility to that change
sitting in the lap of we who have paranted
this genetation. We owe it to them to
intiate that change. And pray that we
succeed. Hoping they will have the chance
for the happiness they deserve.

I am kin to two such families myself right
now. I can't descibe how proud I am of
them. I would die to give them hope.
edit on Rpm72118v44201800000006 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

The Federal Reserve should have never existed in the first place. Something that has held the U.S. back since it began with the meeting on the island.

Without the federal reserve there would be zero banking regulations. This means no oversight at all. This was already done and local banks swindled their customers.

You also would have no protection if your bank went bankrupt. You would simply lose any money you had in an account.

The other thing is interest rates would be set locally before the federal reserve their were banks loaning money with 50 percent interest. It was so bad that banks in huge markets such as san Francisco were charging 3 times the intrest rates of other banks.

Then without a central bank international purchases would be impossible and all foriegn exchange would stop. People like you have no clue what the reserve does and how important it is. In fact without it you couldnt even buy stocks on wall street. Used to be they actually had to open up accounts and transfer the money to the trading floor. So if you wanted to invest you would have had to send them a bank transfer for what ever amount you wanted to buy stocks with.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: CharlesT

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

I dunno... from what I just read in the OP Trump is pushing for hyperinflation?

Only conclusion I got out of it... which would be a silly gamble with diminishing returns....

I don't see any other way to manage the national debt and unfunded liabilities other than to inflate them away.

It's a possibility... the Roaring 20's all over again.

But there is a rather horrible downside to that... see the Great Depression.

I'm no fan AT ALL of the federal reserve, btw. Wilson sold us all out on that deal.

However, an exit strategy would be nice.

Besides the next Great Depression.
If you have an adequate food and water supply, you better have an adequate gun and ammo supply... this generation is not like the 20s

this generation is worse.
it's a generation of social media darlings and instagram "models". waiting in line for 8 hours to save $10 at a build a bear.
the only time this generation will get upset is when internet is priced too high and fuel is above $4.50 a gallon.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

Kennedy wasn't interested in 'putting a leash' on the Federal Reserve. It's a myth.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I think this is a good litmus test. If anything happens with the Fed it will be in the first 3 years. This is too big of a step to undertake in the 4th year or right before the elections.

So, we can observe Trump and his actions and we will know pretty well what side he stands on. If anything happens with the Fed before the 4th year, we will know there may be more to Trump than it would appear. Equally, if by the end of the 3 years he has done nothing with the Fed, even though he talks about it, we'll know it is just distraction tactics and we'll know he's like every other President since Kennedy.

“I can assure you -- because I’ve spoken to the president -- that his intention is not in any way to put pressure on the Fed,” Mnuchin said. While he said Trump’s comments weren’t a mistake, the secretary refrained from commenting on interest rates, saying “it would be inappropriate.”

Trump was a real-estate businessman and, as such, closely follows interest rates, Mnuchin said. The secretary added that the administration continues to have “enormous” confidence in Fed Chairman Jerome Powell, who Trump appointed to succeed Janet Yellen. “I want to emphasize the administration completely supports the Fed independence.”

Mnuchin in Buenos Aires Today

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What about
this tho?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

seems like a political move aimed at Trump directly.

NO not even close. They have been raising rate for quite a while, raising rates is what Republicans, including Trump before he became President, want because it makes bankers more money. The Fed chief was appointed by Trump, though apparently he disagrees with him on this because, as I said, the default Republican position is against low rates as that helps people instead of business.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

What about it? He allowed the Secretary of the Treasury to issue silver certificates if needed while they were being phased out in place of just Federal Reserve notes. How is that leashing the Federal Reserve?

The whole 'Kennedy vs. The Fed' trope is false, he actually gave them more power by eliminating silver certificates.

edit on 21-7-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If Trump "wins" against the Federal Reserve then you can count on him working for them. You don't "win" against the banking cabal and live to tell about it. 

You dont? Are these people not human? If so yes you do. It is harder not impossible.

If they couldnt lose they wouldnt fight back. When someone fights you it is because they fear your will unchecked.

We are not going to stop either way. Choose the "winning" side if you like. We are choosing the right side and preparing for the worse.

Those are the stakes. Dont help and you will not deserve the prize should we win. Enjoy the illusion propped up and the fear unquestioned.

Im tired of living as a slave, are you not? You are held hostage. Your mind wont even dare defy the powers that you are beholden to.

How many more times will you say "what can you do" before you just shrivel up and die inside?

Our current leaders have collectively held power for a 2 hundred years and less than 100 years at their current strength. Greater and more powerful empires and powers have died overnight. They also lasted longer than these clubs have been around.

These fools aint isht. They just use violence in an age where most are scared to. That can change. IT HAS. There is no longer a monopoly of force. The illusion is gone forever.

edit on 7 21 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

This is like the first time I've heard
this tho. This world is f
ed up:

Here you go take this brain. It' s fully
capable of learning and retaining
knowledge. Also provides Instant recall
and communications etc. But it's of
minimal use if everything you learn/know
turns out to be horseshlt.

Might as well pawn the damn thing.

edit on Rpm72118v30201800000020 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Where have you been since 2008 we just got out of a big depression the pc crowd and media call it the great recession but in reality it was a depression and yes he does need to step in a rein in federal reserve.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join