It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump poised to take control of the Federal Reserve

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Trump has been jabbing at the Federal Reserve recently and maybe something is going to happen.

Apparently there's many "open" seats waiting for confirmation on The Board of Governors.

Those new "BofG's" can end up on the Open Market Committee too.

Trump has been citing "Interest Rates" and wants them to remain low.

Possibilities ❓

Dick Bove: Trump poised to take control of the Federal Reserve

President Donald Trump has multiple reasons as to why he should take control of the Federal Reserve. He will do so both because he can and because his broader policies argue that he should do so. The president is anti-overregulating American industry. The Fed is a leader in pushing stringent regulation on the nation. By raising interest rates and stopping the growth in the money supply it stands in the way of further growth in the American economy.
The Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve is required to have seven members. It has three. Two of the current governors were put into their position by President Trump. Two more have been nominated by the president and are awaiting confirmation by the Senate. After these two are put on the Fed’s board, the president will then nominate two more to follow them. In essence, it is possible that six of the seven Board members will be put in place by Trump.

🚬🔫

+31 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If I where him, I wouldn't drive past any book depositories in the near future.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
A businessman who was elected President appointing the Board of the Federal Reserve ?
Say it ain't so.
Not cooperating with the IMF ?
And the UN in general ?
Impossible.
Or , better yet , say it is..

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Those new "BofG's" can end up on the Open Market Committee too.

What exactly are these ‘BofG’s’ gonna accomplish while on the FOMC?

Manipulate currency? Flood the market with a strong dollar?? Decapicate the LIBOR with ‘Biege Book’ anecdotes???

Stick to your one-liners — it’s the depth of your knowledge; you may have a mile-wide knowledge of talking points, but only a 2 inch-deep level of knowledge of economics — stay in your lane (love the emoticons...very much your lane).

Come at me, bro.

+26 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

The Federal Reserve should have never existed in the first place. Something that has held the U.S. back since it began with the meeting on the island.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

I dunno... from what I just read in the OP Trump is pushing for hyperinflation?

Only conclusion I got out of it... which would be a silly gamble with diminishing returns....

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Only conclusion I got out of it... which would be a silly gamble with diminishing returns....

I don't see any other way to manage the national debt and unfunded liabilities other than to inflate them away.

Edit: Keeping interest rate low are necessary to keep from default. If rates climb too much the gov. will not be able to afford interest on the debt, much less afford to continue spending. Higher interest will bankrupt the nation.
edit on 20-7-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

I don't see any other way to manage the national debt and unfunded liabilities other than to inflate them away.

It's a possibility... the Roaring 20's all over again.

But there is a rather horrible downside to that... see the Great Depression.

I'm no fan AT ALL of the federal reserve, btw. Wilson sold us all out on that deal.

However, an exit strategy would be nice.

Besides the next Great Depression.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I'm no fan AT ALL of the federal reserve, btw. Wilson sold us all out on that deal.

I edited my original post. Increasing interest rates may very well blow the entire house of cards sky high and create a situation far worse than the great depression. The global economic/financial bubble is gigantic.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I edited my original post. Increasing interest rates may very well blow the entire house of cards sky high and create a situation far worse than the great depression. The global economic/financial bubble is gigantic.

As a reserve currency, we have already spread our inflation over the entire globe. There is nowhere else for it to go.

Our actual financial debt worldwide is between 700 trillion and 1 quadrillion dollars.

The real estate value of the planet is about 75 trillion.

Inflating to repay isn't really an option anymore.

It just kicks a can down the road... a road that isn't even there anymore.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Good luck with that.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

If you have an adequate food and water supply, you better have an adequate gun and ammo supply... this generation is not like the 20s

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yesterday, I read via, cough,cough, Zero Hedge where Russia has liquidated it's holdings of US treasuries. Somewhere around 47 billion. I know it's a drop in the bucket but If uncertainty and panic kicks in, it's Katy bar the door. I'm still wondering what loosing the power of the petrodollar is going to do to us.

Edit: It may very well mean WWIII.
edit on 20-7-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Im really hoping he audits them due to the Rate hike, use it to as the justification.

Putting the rate hike we all knew was to come into effect for trump, when it should of happened during Obama's administration seems like a political move aimed at Trump directly.

Mid terms are coming, they need the economy to tank STAT so the GOP gets pushed out.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

What would be silly, would be to assume Trump ‘wants’ hyperinflation.

Come at me, gal!

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Our actual financial debt worldwide is between 700 trillion and 1 quadrillion dollars.

The real estate value of the planet is about 75 trillion.

Inflating to repay isn't really an option anymore.

It just kicks a can down the road... a road that isn't even there anymore.

We just go to war with everyone zero the books and call it good.
edit on 20-7-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

The federal reserve needs to be abolished and the credit needs to return to the people!

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
If Trump "wins" against the Federal Reserve then you can count on him working for them. You don't "win" against the banking cabal and live to tell about it.

My guess? Trump follows his marching orders while his fans cheer him on from the sidelines whole being oblivious to the fact they're being played.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

When pigs fly.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Someone please remind me who was the last POTUS that tried to put a leash on the federal reserve BANK?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join