It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals eat the craziest things ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Animals sometimes eat the strangest things ...
And sometimes they get away with it too!

For example, as a kid we were camping, and behind this fence were these sheep.
Everyday we collected scraps and acorns for them to eat.
But, oh dear, one day the plastic packet flew out of my hand, and it landed in the sheeps' enclosure.

And what did the horrible sheep do?
It ate my plastic bag.

I was like, emergency everybody, this sheep needs immediate surgery.
Somebody call an ambulance with a veterinarian!
My bros are telling me nonsense, come let's go.
It wasn't us.

And for years I lay awake, thinking of what may have befallen that poor sheep.

But then a teacher told me, sheep regularly eat plastic bags and poop them out again.

So that nasty sheep lived?

Does anybody else have stories of strange things animals have eaten?

edit on 20-7-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
My dad grows chestnuts. The cows and sheep go crazy for chestnuts.

Our cat likes to eat mango juice iceblocks and mung bean iceblocks, corn on the cob. We have to shut our two kittens in another room when we eat as they love anything humans eat and they can be quite visious for their share of our food.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
We had a dog when I was growing up who was nuts for red licorice. Dad would bring a bag home, and she could smell it. Went crazy for it.

We had a cat who loved popcorn. Same cat also had a death wish because she'd go for chocolate too. We never intentionally fed it to her, but she'd figure out how to level up the lid on containers that had brownies in them and steal a brownie, for example.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Anyone reading this thread should go ahead and

RIGHT NOW

look up what foods are safe for their pets.

I thought grapes were fine for my dog, WHOOPS. Nothing ever happened, but dang. Same with stuff that had garlic or onion. Dogs can get sick from a ton of foods I never assumed. At least I always knew about chocolate. No giving them beer either, and I've known a few who LOVED it.

My dog loves pretty much anything. If I'm eating an apple (DON'T GIVE THEM THE CORE!) I can hold it next to him and he'll take a bite. Cracks me up.

Gave my dog an ice cube when it was hot out so he could lick it. He ate it in one bite. Not sure if they get brain freeze, but I can't imagine it felt good.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
*stops walking out front door*
WHAT PLASTIC BAGS??
*stuffs plastic bags down pants*
No I am not going to feed the sheep.

Emergency Everybody

Hahaha, love it.

Worst thing is when your dog eats cat poop out of the litter tray, then at 6am comes into your bed and licks your face, tail wagging, a wobbling mess of fur and muscle, rips a strand of your beard out with her tongue which elicits feelings of death and destruction but you cannot be mad at the silly woofy, but then she burps cat shoot in your face, with those wonky disjointed eyeballs staring sideways at you....

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
OK, let's see somebody beat this one ...

Had a dog once who would get sick in the car, so we'd make him fast before we travelled.

We were at a friend's camp once, nomad family in Mongolia. Tied the dog up the night before we were to leave so he wouldn't eat anything. He got loose the morning we were to leave, found some human feces and ate it. We didn't know it he'd eaten it.

Until he puked it up in the jeep.

Yeah, dog vomit composed of human feces. Grossest thing I have ever had to deal with. It was dead of winter so I piled snow on top of it, but still. Luckily, the jeep had rubber floor mats.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
As an animal I have eaten things that mold will not touch, McDonalds burgers.
Oddest so called food ever.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Our ACD thinks the best thing in the world to snack on is a big ol' frozen cow pie. In the winter time we'll let him out and when he returns he's usually got one in his mouth. He just love, love, LUV's em!

We have to actually check him when he comes in to make sure he doesn't have one because he loves to sneak them into the house.

One morning last winter we heard this deep grinding noise outside on the front deck. It wasn't light out yet so we couldn't see what it was. Sounded like someone dragging a dead body across the deck. Flipped on the deck lights and there was Cisco, the ACD, dragging a giant gob of frozen cow pies, all frozen into this giant cow pie glacier. It was at least 4x as big as he was!

He's dragging it toward the front door...all proud of his accomplishment, his little nub of a tail just waggling up a storm. He'd back up a foot or so then DRRRRAAAAG his prize a bit, back up and repeat. I still can't figure out how he got it up the steps, or how he dragged it all the way from the corrals (which are 1,000 feet from the house or more). He must have worked his little butt off on that one! I think that cow pie glacier weighed a couple hundred pounds.

He looked at me like "Hey, looky what I got for us, Dad!!"

Pretty hard to get mad at a pup on that deal!

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

We had a Golden Retriever who ate a Bumble Bee flying by her nose. After catching it and chewing on it, her nose swelled to twice its size! Funny looking but scary. We had to rush her to the vets. The vet said hopefully she learned he lesson and won't be craving for anymore bumble bees.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I had a goat that loved to eat cigarette butts.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
I was like, emergency everybody, this sheep needs immediate surgery.
Somebody call an ambulance with a veterinarian!
My bros are telling me nonsense, come let's go.
It wasn't us.

And for years I lay awake, thinking of what may have befallen that poor sheep.

I love you. Why can't everyone be like you?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Not just animals, manimals do it too, yesterday i chugged down a glass of water.

A glass of water that is used to smooth down and clean my tools when working with epoxy resins.

And yes, its tasted pretty horrible.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The Clan of the Cave Bear:

edit on 21-7-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Once I saw a cat who loved cucumbers

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I had a cat that died a few years back, he lived to 24 and I think his affinity for veggies helped achieve that. He was HUGE fan of peas, he would salivate uncontrollably if he so much as smelled them. He also loved carrots and green beans, too, and corn. But those peas man, you had better have given them up when you had them, he was NOT going to leave you alone until you filled up his bowl full of peas. He would go so nuts over them that we used to call peas "Kitty Crack", lol.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
One of my two cats ate the filter off one of my unsmoked cigs, well most of it was just gone. I think it was the black boy cat, Mimic. He eats weird things, like he chomps away on this tubing/piping that lined the edge of a couch throw pillow. The fabric had frayed and it poked me in my butt so I ripped it out so I stopped getting poked. I've caught him twice chewing the piping stuff! He eats it!

My calico, Patches, doesn't eat weird stuff. But she's not fixed and she has this thing she does to my husband. He'll be in his recliner and she pops up on the arm and yells at him, loudly meowing. Then, she begins to kneed him with gusto, then she'll move her backside over his thigh while continuing to kneed ferociously. If he tries to pet her while doing this, she screams at him and jumps down. We know she's masterbating on him the way she's moving and it's kind of hilarious how she screams at him for distracting her from her goal.

Weird cats...

edit on 8 29 2018 by blkmagicwomanjlm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join