It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Cohen Secretly Taped Trump Discussing Payment to Playboy Model

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Ah yes, that old deflection.

The only person deflecting here is you.

You want to bring Mueller up in a thread about Trump and his lawyer's recording of him discussing payments to playboy models. Mueller has no relation to this topic at all.

As you were.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Giuliani.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
We know the man is a philanderer. However, what is far worse and disturbing, is that his attorney recorded this. That changes the dynamic between the relationship of Trump and Cohen. Though I would like to know why the man did such.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

We know the man is a philanderer. However, what is far worse and disturbing, is that his attorney recorded this. That changes the dynamic between the relationship of Trump and Cohen.

Bingo.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Ah yes, that old deflection.

The only person deflecting here is you.

You want to bring Mueller up in a thread about Trump and his lawyer's recording of him discussing payments to playboy models. Mueller has no relation to this topic at all.

As you were.

Hm, I think Cohen also paid a few bribes and a lot of hush money to certain girls and hotels in Petersberg, Russia, too.
My goodness he's been a busy boy.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The Resistance

Topical enough for you, or will you claim the Resistance isn't part of this thread, too?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Shoot. When I left to go re-read the Steele Dossier, everybody was being nice.

Now look at you.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I think what is going on is that the trump administration will feed these stories to suspected leakers most likely disgruntled FBI agents, when the bogus story comes out they know who their leaker is. That is why we hear all these stories about secret tapes that we never actually listen too. It also discredits the writer who wrote the story with no real evidence. I use this same technique to find out who the brown nosers and dry snitches are at work.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The hypocrisy of this outrage is funny.

IF Trump paid off women with whom he had consensual affairs, using his own money, why is that anyone's business?

Compare that to the $17 million of OUR taxpayer money that Congress used to silence sexual harassment claims.

Think about the difference.

Congress’ sexual harassment system, decoded

Congress paid out $17 million in settlements. Here's why we know so little about that money.

edit on 7/20/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I feel like it's Christmas come early. I would have never entertained the idea this administration would be this much of a mess... I mean Christ I figured there'd be some controversy on the level of the Bush Administration but this... this is just on historical proportions..... He makes George Bush look like friggin JFK.

I'd say that Trump looks more like JFK, given that JFK was famous for shagging multiple women behind his wife's back. Only difference is that JFK did it in the Whitehouse during his presidency, not a decade before...

And maybe you should ask Norma Jean about how JFK kept his mistresses silent...?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Is this not illegal to secretly tape someone for the purpose of blackmail or leverage? Hell I think it is illegal just to secretly tape someone

Depends on the state where the recordings happened and who taped them. In New York the law is single consent for recording conversations. Meaning only one party had to know about the recording. Being that Trump and Cohen are both based out of New York it is safe to assume the conversations were recorded there. Thus Cohen recording conversations between him and Trump would be legal. However things get murky if Trump or Cohen were in a different state at the time the conversations took place due to the fact that not all states follow the same rules. Such as Cohen possibly in trouble with Californian law if he recorded Stormy Daniels conversations. California law requires both parties to be in the know.

TLDR: It depends on the states the two parties of a conversation are in at the time of recording.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
The hypocrisy of this outrage is funny.

IF Trump paid off women with whom he had consensual affairs, using his own money, why is that anyone's business?

Compare that to the $17 million of OUR taxpayer money that Congress used to silence sexual harassment claims.

Think about the difference.

Congress’ sexual harassment system, decoded

Congress paid out $17 million in settlements. Here's why we know so little about that money.

Its not just hypocrisy. Trump and/or Cohen may have violated campaign finance law by spending more then the legal donating amount and committed fraud if they didnt report the payments.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

The question is if Trump paid of these women who else has he paid off and for what.
Murky waters.
edit on 20-7-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Where he will get hung up is, although it is legal to tape, he is in violation of attorney client privilege, basically he is a sleaze ball

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Yes, I know, hence my follow up to my original comment that I stand corrected and know it was legal, now, whether it was ethical is a whole other realm, Not to mention a violation of attorney client privilege if he releases them.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The Resistance

Topical enough for you, or will you claim the Resistance isn't part of this thread, too?

Trump is still a better choice than Hillary.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Where he will get hung up is, although it is legal to tape, he is in violation of attorney client privilege, basically he is a sleaze ball

Cohen is a bigly sleaze and that's precisely the reason Trump hired him as the "fixer" .....don't expect loyalty when you deal with mobsters.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That's a huge assumption.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Go take a nap burdman. I think you need it after working such a long shift on here.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

He used his own money, not campaign money.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join