It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Cohen Secretly Taped Trump Discussing Payment to Playboy Model

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Ah oh.

President Trump’s longtime lawyer, Michael D. Cohen, secretly recorded a conversation with Mr. Trump two months before the presidential election in which they discussed payments to a former Playboy model who said she had an affair with Mr. Trump, according to lawyers and others familiar with the recording.

The F.B.I. seized the recording this year during a raid on Mr. Cohen’s office. The Justice Department is investigating Mr. Cohen’s involvement in paying women to tamp down embarrassing news stories about Mr. Trump ahead of the 2016 election. Prosecutors want to know whether that violated federal campaign finance laws, and any conversation with Mr. Trump about those payments would be of keen interest to them.

Source

Oh there's more:

Karen McDougal, says she began a nearly yearlong affair with Mr. Trump in 2006, shortly after Mr. Trump’s wife, Melania, gave birth to their son Barron. Ms. McDougal sold her story for $150,000 to The National Enquirer, which was supportive of Mr. Trump, during the final months of the presidential campaign, but the tabloid sat on the story, which kept it from becoming public. The practice, known as “catch and kill,” effectively silenced Ms. McDougal for the remainder of the campaign.

But fake news right? I mean Trump officials absolutely denied thes allegations:

Look what can I say? I mean Bill had that affair with that heavyset intern in the Whitehouse back in the 90's. It's not as if the Republicans went nuts over that back then right? It's not as if Republicans still bring up that affair to that day? So we should just let this go.... sweep it under the rug, wear our MAGA hats ya know? If Melania can tolerate it... why can't we??

This was theee months ago, do you have an update on this? Or did this just turn out to be another nothingburger?

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Ah oh.

President Trump’s longtime lawyer, Michael D. Cohen, secretly recorded a conversation with Mr. Trump two months before the presidential election in which they discussed payments to a former Playboy model who said she had an affair with Mr. Trump, according to lawyers and others familiar with the recording.

The F.B.I. seized the recording this year during a raid on Mr. Cohen’s office. The Justice Department is investigating Mr. Cohen’s involvement in paying women to tamp down embarrassing news stories about Mr. Trump ahead of the 2016 election. Prosecutors want to know whether that violated federal campaign finance laws, and any conversation with Mr. Trump about those payments would be of keen interest to them.

Source

Oh there's more:

Karen McDougal, says she began a nearly yearlong affair with Mr. Trump in 2006, shortly after Mr. Trump’s wife, Melania, gave birth to their son Barron. Ms. McDougal sold her story for $150,000 to The National Enquirer, which was supportive of Mr. Trump, during the final months of the presidential campaign, but the tabloid sat on the story, which kept it from becoming public. The practice, known as “catch and kill,” effectively silenced Ms. McDougal for the remainder of the campaign.

Look what can I say? I mean Bill had that affair with that heavyset intern in the Whitehouse back in the 90's. It's not as if the Republicans went nuts over that back then right? It's not as if Republicans still bring up that affair to that day? So we should just let this go.... sweep it under the rug, wear our MAGA hats ya know? If Melania can tolerate it... why can't we??

This was theee months ago, do you have an update on this? Or did this just turn out to be another nothingburger?

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Ah oh.

Source

Oh there's more:

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

Still seems this law violates the constitutions protections somehow. Its just no one has challenged this yet,and this i s perfect for the supreme court to decide on if its legal to do so without a warrant. The law also SPECIFICALLY States this is for Cell phones and cordless phones. If trump used a land line and cohen used a land line this is a disqualifier apparently. OR if trump was calling from somewhere where this law does not apply it can also be dropped.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Still seems this law violates the constitutions protections somehow.

Nope. If anything, it relates to the First Amendment. If someone expresses themselves, they need to own it. The real take away here is that Cohen is probably not the only Trump associate who recorded their conversations to protect themselves. This may be why Manafort is so desperate to get his case dismissed on technicalities.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Trump is guy, how many of you red blooded Americans men wouldn’t have been tempted by a Playboy Bunny. Be honest with yourselves at least. For a year with the right Bunny I may have ponied up a hundred and fifty grand myself.

Not me. I would rather have had the foxes Bill Clinton had - Paula Jones, Kathleen Willey, etc. and that trophy wife, Hillary.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The question is how much I care, but the chart answers how often. Dumb rednecks, can barely speak English but get to vote on adult stuff...

Yep. Just like the Democrats want to let illegals who can barely speak English, if at all, get to vote on adult stuff. At least the dumb rednecks are legal US citizens.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: RMFX1

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The question is how much I care, but the chart answers how often. Dumb rednecks, can barely speak English but get to vote on adult stuff...

Yep. Just like the Democrats want to let illegals who can barely speak English, if at all, get to vote on adult stuff. At least the dumb rednecks are legal US citizens.

We should swap them out: Trade the illegals for the rednecks straight across. The immigrants get citizenship, the rednecks get booted. Or we could erect a yuge wall around flyover America (aka ‘Murica) and make Trump pay for it.
That’s a little unrealistic, though. Probably better to just swap the immigrants for the rednecks.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

A lot of people are just finding out that the American Christian right is comprised of loud, stupid, obnoxious hypocrites. It's an important lesson and I hope people remember this the next time they speak out on anything.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

No one has ever challenged it yet? Since 1993? In New York state? Are you serious?

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

A lot of people are just finding out that the American Christian right is comprised of loud, stupid, obnoxious hypocrites. It's an important lesson and I hope people remember this the next time they speak out on anything.

The saddest part of that is that they’re giving true Christianity a bad name.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Otherwise people would "pay" attorneys large sums of money as a retainer to give directly to candidates and things that help candidates.

If the candidate pays his lawyer it's not a donation. Not sure why that's hard to understand. A donation goes to the campaign, not from the campaign (or the individual) to the donor.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This is truly a conservatives best year in history. Watching the extreme liberal loonies lose their soup at every tern just can't get any better. Like some have said, we all knew going in that Trump was a billionaire playboy and master manipulator in life and business. The libs should not have sided with a criminal, and instead should have ran with Bernie, but noooo lol! And it's been the best time I've ever lived because of it! YOU created Trump. You, I, and everyone in this country. It's our wake up call to say the least.

The hate, filth, racist riot starting thugs have came out of the woodwork to be exposed for what/who they are. Thank you Trump! And keep up the great work.

ps. I don't care who you bang, or if you're sleeping with Putin. Just keep making our nation stronger as you have been. We are now back in the #1 Competitive Economy rank because of Trump. Put that in your pipe and smoke it

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

The first thing is that as long as it has Cohen's voice on the line, then it is not against the law in the State of New York. But the question is why did he record such information? Was the volume of business as such to keep a record of it, or for other purposes?

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

while the other side of the fence pushed somebody to suicide.

I wouldn't say pushed, but more of forced suicide. Like not suicide.

If you're going to make comparisons of events, you best have a source, so where is it?

You want a source for a question? lol. Wow. Okay. I am the source of my questrion.

Which is worse, paying someone for their silence, or suiciding them? A simple question. I am the source of the question. Hopefully that will clarify things so you can answer it, but I kind of doubt that you still will not answer that question.
How is that for getting on with it. Now I await your deflection.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

originally posted by: highvein

I wonder what is worse. Paying someone for their silence, or silencing them by suicide. The left love to protest the wrong things.

Killing them is worse, got any links to Killary that are true or just pathetic no life trolls online

Interesting. I mentioned no names. Why did Killary come to your mind?

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

No one has ever challenged it yet? Since 1993? In New York state? Are you serious?

Anyone with real pull I should had specified. Not avaerage joe blow. This is a SC case in the making if i ever saw one. And since trumps got the court locked. its gonna swing th eway that stops th eabuse of one party recording another.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Since the OP is ignoring my question perhaps someone else can answer it....

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

This was theee months ago,

Three months ago? Revelations of Cohens recordings are only a week old.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: knows_but_doesnt

Watching the extreme liberal loonies lose

Define an 'extreme liberal'?

new topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join