It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Cohen Secretly Taped Trump Discussing Payment to Playboy Model

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Ah oh.

President Trump’s longtime lawyer, Michael D. Cohen, secretly recorded a conversation with Mr. Trump two months before the presidential election in which they discussed payments to a former Playboy model who said she had an affair with Mr. Trump, according to lawyers and others familiar with the recording.

The F.B.I. seized the recording this year during a raid on Mr. Cohen’s office. The Justice Department is investigating Mr. Cohen’s involvement in paying women to tamp down embarrassing news stories about Mr. Trump ahead of the 2016 election. Prosecutors want to know whether that violated federal campaign finance laws, and any conversation with Mr. Trump about those payments would be of keen interest to them.

Source

Oh there's more:

Karen McDougal, says she began a nearly yearlong affair with Mr. Trump in 2006, shortly after Mr. Trump’s wife, Melania, gave birth to their son Barron. Ms. McDougal sold her story for $150,000 to The National Enquirer, which was supportive of Mr. Trump, during the final months of the presidential campaign, but the tabloid sat on the story, which kept it from becoming public. The practice, known as “catch and kill,” effectively silenced Ms. McDougal for the remainder of the campaign.

But fake news right? I mean Trump officials absolutely denied thes allegations:

Look what can I say? I mean Bill had that affair with that heavyset intern in the Whitehouse back in the 90's. It's not as if the Republicans went nuts over that back then right? It's not as if Republicans still bring up that affair to that day? So we should just let this go.... sweep it under the rug, wear our MAGA hats ya know? If Melania can tolerate it... why can't we??

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Secretly recorded? Sounds like blackmail to me.

I hope he gets disbarred.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The "president" is a lying liar__and treasonous__so he needs to go.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The only thing worse than a successful man, is one who bangs hot women. That really brings out the "anger" in those that can't obtain the same level of success, in life or in "love".

Not saying that's ALL this is, but I'm sure a large portion of it can be distilled down to that. Just like a lot of the "feminists" attacking grid girls and beauty contest just so coincidentally happen to be of the below average variety.
edit on 20-7-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: cfnyaami

What's treasonous about banging some strange? Did he do her in the Whitehouse?

How do you know he doesn't identify as being "French"?
REEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEE The party who is known for supporting about every kind of sexuality imaginable is now offended the Prez got some strange?

Wow! Ya'll keep it up! When you lose in 2018 just look in the mirror. You will only have yourselves to blame for acting insane.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

The only thing worse than a successful man, is one who bangs how women. That really brings out the "anger" in those that can't obtain the same level of success, in life or in "love".

Yea.... but there's just something about a man in a powerful position, with a lot of money, threatening and silencing woman he had an affair years back while his wife was home with their infant son. Something just... doesn't sit right with me.

I mean I get you bud. I get what you're saying.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: MisterSpock

The only thing worse than a successful man, is one who bangs how women. That really brings out the "anger" in those that can't obtain the same level of success, in life or in "love".

Yea.... but there's just something about a man in a powerful position, with a lot of money, threatening and silencing woman he had an affair years back while his wife was home with their infant son. Something just... doesn't sit right with me.

I mean I get you bud. I get what you're saying.

Did he threaten her? I guess I didn't see that. I just assumed that like most of these situations, she came a knockin for a bit of "shut me up" cash.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

That Donald Eh , what a guy.

Wet noodle or not he gets the chicks.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So his lawyer secretly recorded a conversation. In that conversation they discuss an allegation against Trump. Nowhere does it say he admitted guilt. It says he didn't want the details to get in the way, as any candidate would want. Even if it's true, I don't see how it's relevant to the campaign, especially since his campaign was self-financed for the most part.

Why is everyone so interested in Trump's member?

link   
Right: doesn't care
Left: cares deeply

Next?

link   

Its all just another nail in the coffin for the Trump administration.

Remember, its not just one massive scandal its multiple all at once.

I will say this for Trump, I kind of admire in a wired way the way he is sticking in, I think previous presidents would have resigned by now.

edit on 20-7-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

threatening and silencing woman

Translation paid her 150 thousand dollars.

Your hyperbole is ridiculous...

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: cfnyaami

Why is president in quotes? Are you insinuating he's not the president? And treasonous? Really? Citation needed.

You all on the left throw around such strong words so Willy nilly that they're not going to mean anything anymore.
edit on 20-7-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I feel like it's Christmas come early. I would have never entertained the idea this administration would be this much of a mess... I mean Christ I figured there'd be some controversy on the level of the Bush Administration but this... this is just on historical proportions..... He makes George Bush look like friggin JFK.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Are you insinuating he's not the president?

He's the President but is he a President.
Some think not.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Look what can I say? I mean Bill had that affair with that heavyset intern in the Whitehouse back in the 90's. It's not as if the Republicans went nuts over that back then right? It's not as if Republicans still bring up that affair to that day? So we should just let this go.... sweep it under the rug, wear our MAGA hats ya know? If Melania can tolerate it... why can't we??

Is there some part of the sentence I bolded and underlined which confuses you, SG? That seems to be the case, frankly. You may need to familiarize yourself with the difference between an elected official on taxpayer owned property's ethical behavior versus the legal behavior of a private citizen with a consenting adult on private property...

link   

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I feel like it's Christmas come early. I would have never entertained the idea this administration would be this much of a mess... I mean Christ I figured there'd be some controversy on the level of the Bush Administration but this... this is just on historical proportions..... He makes George Bush look like friggin JFK.

Its one of the best things about Trump getting elected, its just showed him, and his ideologies for what they are.

Folk like me and you right now are basically just sitting back saying "we told ya so"......

+3 more 
link   

link   
What kind of affair?
Certainly an ex playboy model would have something in common with another person overexposed by the media.
Perhaps it was primarily a remote friendship which still qualifies as an affair?

As one woman wrote: 'He constantly told me that he can not provide me with what I would want and I would always respond with: "I'm not asking anything from you, but simply enjoy your company"
edit on 20-7-2018 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Economy is up stock market is up real estate is up. unemployment is down and taxes are down.

What controversy? He has the important shi covered.. all your BS is just hyperbole.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join