It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meme-aggedon, Illegals, and Rights.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

a reply to: introvert

We are not talking about just regular citizens goofing off on social media. We are talking about government contractors and propagandists.

Where is the law that says foreign propaganda is illegal?

The only one I'm familiar with is the one where America made it legal for them to use PsyOps on us.

The matter is not about it being illegal. It's about being protected free speech.

Which it is not.

What's the difference? Either something is legal or it's not. If it's not, you could consider your actions "protected".

I don't care. I said nothing about propaganda being legal or illegal and it has nothing to do with the context of what I said.

For the love of god, can you guys not #ing read today?

Someone is getting mad.

I know you don't care because you are always trying to move the goalposts to jive with your twisted views.

And you continue today's trend of just making things up.

Anyone can view your history.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

The way I see it;

I put out an anti-Hillary meme and it's free speech.

A Mexican puts out an anti-Trump meme and it's free speech.

A Russian puts out an anti-Hillary meme and it's cause for thermonuclear war.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

He made a comparison between the two groups and a contrast on how the left treats each of their violations... learn the difference between "compare" and "contrast." You'll find they're actual antonyms of each other...

Which I why I used the word in quotations. I was trying to be a bit of a smart ass. You did see the quotations, right?

But I see that you are not addressing the specifics of what I said and are not going the grammar nazi route.

Sad.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The way I see it;

You are absolutely correct.

Of course, if one of the political parties involved wasn't in desperate need of a scapegoat, that wouldn't be the case.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

It's Friday man, cut us some slack.

Joking aside, you seemed like you were implying it wasn't protected free speech. To my knowledge the only unprotected speech is hate speech, threats, and saying bomb in an airport.

What you do on behalf of your employer may not be protected free speech. In fact, employers can dictate what you can or cannot say.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

We are not talking about just regular citizens goofing off on social media. We are talking about government contractors and propagandists.

The only one I'm familiar with is the one where America made it legal for them to use PsyOps on us.

The matter is not about it being illegal. It's about being protected free speech.

Which it is not.

What's the difference? Either something is legal or it's not. If it's not, you could consider your actions "protected".

I don't care. I said nothing about propaganda being legal or illegal and it has nothing to do with the context of what I said.

Someone is getting mad.

I know you don't care because you are always trying to move the goalposts to jive with your twisted views.

Indeed. What they will see is that I do not make things up.

Wish you guys could say the same.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Papa bear Obama stood up, walked briskly and confidently over to Putin and took a few seconds to pause. The pause drew up fear and uncertainty in Putin. Obama, not letting the dead air get awkward took a deep breath, and in a thunderous tone only hear among God of men told Putin the following.

"Mr. Putin, cut it out".

The closest thing to God we have ever known has spoken. He was told to cut out the malarkey and didn't.

Only thing I see as fair after that is thermonuclear war.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

link   

Joking aside, you seemed like you were implying it wasn't protected free speech. To my knowledge the only unprotected speech is hate speech, threats, and saying bomb in an airport.

What you do on behalf of your employer may not be protected free speech. In fact, employers can dictate what you can or cannot say.

You're not forced to work for said employer, so it's still free speech.... You chose to be there, you chose to accept those binding agreements in return for money.

link   

Which it is not.

Someone is getting mad.

Indeed. What they will see is that I do not make things up.

Wish you guys could say the same.

Keep telling yourself that sport.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

The way I see it;

See cowboy, you are being dishonest and not presenting this in it's proper context.

No need to be dishonest.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Back peddle if you must, it happens.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

You're not forced to work for said employer, so it's still free speech.... You chose to be there, you chose to accept those binding agreements in return for money.

Exactly. You do not have to work for that employer, but if you do... free speech can be conditional.

A Russian working for the Russian government by posting memes on social media is not an act of free speech. It's their job.
edit on 20-7-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Back peddle if you must, it happens.

Back peddle on what? Did I not use quotations?

Why are not addressing the rest of what I said?

Are you being dishonest and just avoiding it because I was completely correct that what you said had nothing to do with what I posted?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

...and the reason you say it isn't in the proper context is "a Russian government entity is involved" which brings us right back to my point that "one is very involved with the illegal infestation in the US, as well." Back peddle or semantiicize your way towards the light if you wish, just know it's obvious what your doing and we see you trying to project your own dishonesty onto others.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The way I see it;

See cowboy, you are being dishonest and not presenting this in it's proper context.

No need to be dishonest.

The leftists on MSNBC and CNN have called this the worst thing since Pearl Harbor, 9/11.

So no, not dishonest at all.

Actually quite truthful as a matter of fact.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Since when is a 'ham sandwich' company the Russian government?

Good enough for gubberment work.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

"Dishonest"
Am I using quotations there correctly? Will that be a valid back peddle down the road? Let me try this, if I put quotation marks around my own projections onto others, will that afford me the "benefits" of posting the "introvert" way?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Exactly. You do not have to work for that employers, but if I do...my free speech can be conditional.

A Russian working for the Russian government by posting memes on social media is not an act of free speech. It's their job.

They could quit if they want.

Are corporations not protected by free speech in America? Sure speech has concequences... Look at Papa John (don't know his name don't care).

I think you're playing semantics here.

At the end of the day, there are no internet police.

Doesn't make what they did right morally. But it certainly wasn't an "attack".

It was counter propaganda.

Might have something to do with us constantly messing with them and dropping the ruble by 50%

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Mueller is fluent in Chinese whispers and Russian rumors.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join