It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meme-aggedon, Illegals, and Rights.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

We are not talking about just regular citizens goofing off on social media. We are talking about government contractors and propagandists.

Where is the law that says foreign propaganda is illegal?

The only one I'm familiar with is the one where America made it legal for them to use PsyOps on us.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: DBCowboy

WTF!!?!?!?! I was promised memes!

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

The problem is people who pick their candidate for POTUS based on social media memes. There is no cure for that kind of stupid. Its not Russians meddling in our election, its incredibly stupid people doing what incredibly stupid people do.

So our problem isn't Russia.

It's stupid Americans.

link   

So a foreign national (if they work for their government) does not have the same rights as a foreign national who doesn't work for their government. Okay.

I did not say that.

You have the same rights as anyone else, regardless of who you work for. But you do not have those same rights at work, or through your work, as you do as an individual.

You do not have free speech rights as an employee and in this case, it is not free speech, or can be protected as such, when the product you created is by and for a government entity.

That would apply to ALL foreign nationals, I'm assuming. So if someone from the Mexican government says or does something in America, they don't have any rights. Hmmf.

Are you being obtuse?

What an absurd question.

link   

We are not talking about just regular citizens goofing off on social media. We are talking about government contractors and propagandists.

The only one I'm familiar with is the one where America made it legal for them to use PsyOps on us.

The matter is not about it being illegal. It's about being protected free speech.

Which it is not.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

It's stupid Americans.

Always is brother.

Always is.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

No, it has everything to do with what you posted. You're contrasting the Russian situation to the illegals situation by arguing that the Russia situation is different because "a Russian government entity" is involved. I'm saying Mexican, Guatemalan, Columbian, El Salvadorian, and Honduran governments are dumping their problems onto the USA, making that just as much a matter of dealing with "government entities" as the Russian nonsense has been. The primary difference is that while, to date, we've had to deal with the digital presence of a few dozen god damned Russians, we've had to deal with the physical presence of millions of illegals within this country's borders. But by all means, let's grant them as many rights as we possibly can and maybe, just maybe they'll figure out how to stay, register for benefits, and illegally vote Democrat in the next election, ya?

I find it amazingly idiotic that "Voter fraud in the US is a myth" twitter.com...
is a mantra of the left, with them arguing that any examples of it are few and far between, so it must not be a real problem. Yet with that fraud we're talking about actual illegal votes being cast and counted. What do they see as a problem! Russians pushing inconvenient memes and news stories that aren't approved by the US corporate media, which equate to ELECTION TAMPERING!!! OMFG, are you kidding me? Do Democrats really have that low of an opinion of America that they believe that crap had a more deleterious impact on the federal election process than their own party's choice of crap-ass candidate did? On one hand we have actual, proveable crime (illegal voting) being ignored, on the other hand we have thought crime (OMG, they had a FACEBOOK account!!!) being pushed as a capital offense. LOL! The circus is in town, kids! Here come the clowns down the left side of the big top, lookat em go! How the hell can they fit so many piles of snip in that one little car?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Today's is school elections.

What will it be tomorrow ?

nypost.com...

Crickets *

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

No, it has everything to do with what you posted. You're contrasting the Russian situation to the illegals situation by arguing that the Russia situation is different because "a Russian government entity" is involved. I'm saying Mexican, Guatemalan, Columbian, El Salvadorian, and Honduran governments are dumping their problems onto the USA, making that just as much a matter of dealing with "government entities" as the Russian nonsense has been. The primary difference is that while, to date, we've had to deal with the digital presence of a few dozen god damned Russians, we've had to deal with the physical presence of millions of illegals within this country's borders. But by all means, let's grant them as many rights as we possibly can and maybe, just maybe they'll figure out how to stay, register for benefits, and illegally vote Democrat in the next election, ya?

I find it amazingly idiotic that "Voter fraud in the US is a myth" twitter.com...
is a mantra of the left, with them arguing that any examples of it are few and far between, so it must not be a real problem. Yet with that fraud we're talking about actual illegal votes being cast and counted. What do they see as a problem! Russians pushing inconvenient memes and news stories that aren't approved by the US corporate media, which equate to ELECTION TAMPERING!!! OMFG, are you kidding me? Do Democrats really have that low of an opinion of America that they believe that crap had a more deleterious impact on the federal election process than their own party's choice of crap-ass candidate did? On one hand we have actual, proveable crime (illegal voting) being ignored, on the other hand we have thought crime (OMG, they had a FACEBOOK account!!!) being pushed as a capital offense. LOL! The circus is in town, kids! Here come the clowns down the left side of the big top, lookat em go! How the hell can they fit so many piles of snip in that one little car?

EPIC!

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Here's some voter fraud.

www.heritage.org...

On April 3, 2012, four St. Joseph County Democratic officials had charges filed against them for allegedly forging Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton primary petitions during the 2008 election.

en.wikipedia.org...

I digress.

It 'doesn't' happen.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

No, it has everything to do with what you posted. You're contrasting the Russian situation to the illegals situation by arguing that the Russia situation is different because "a Russian government entity" is involved.

Incorrect. The OP made that "contrast".

All I said is that the people do have free speech rights, but it does not apply the same when discussing the Russian aspect the DOJ is investigating because those people were working as government employees/contractors, not individuals.

Did you not read what Cowboy posted?

He specifically said Russians being investigated by the DOJ.

What you are doing is going off on an irrelevant tangent that has nothing to do with what was specifically said to me, or what I specifically said, and you are conflating two different issues.

Please read what is being said before posting.
edit on 20-7-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

The matter is not about it being illegal. It's about being protected free speech.

Which it is not.

What's the difference? Either something is legal or it's not. If it's not, you could consider your actions "protected".

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Which it is not.

What's the difference? Either something is legal or it's not. If it's not, you could consider your actions "protected".

I don't care. I said nothing about propaganda being legal or illegal and it has nothing to do with the context of what I said.

For the love of god, can you guys not #ing read today?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The FEC says nothing about bots.

It does say what the DNC did in Philadelphia was ILLEGAL as hell.

Commission regulations prohibit foreign nationals from directing, dictating, controlling, or directly or indirectly participating in the decision-making process of any person (such as a corporation, labor organization, political committee, or political organization) with regard to any election-related activities.

www.fec.gov...

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The Democratic Party has selected a handful of undocumented immigrants for official roles at next week’s Democratic National Convention, in a bid to highlight the gaping policy divide on immigration between White House hopeful Hillary Clinton and Republican rival Donald Trump.

www.reuters.com...

What an effing farce it all is.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Which it is not.

I don't care. I said nothing about propaganda being legal or illegal and it has nothing to do with the context of what I said.

Someone is getting mad.

I know you don't care because you are always trying to move the goalposts to jive with your twisted views.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

He made a comparison between the two groups and a contrast on how the left treats each of their violations... learn the difference between "compare" and "contrast." You'll find they're actual antonyms of each other...

link   

It's Friday man, cut us some slack.

Joking aside, you seemed like you were implying it wasn't protected free speech. To my knowledge the only unprotected speech is hate speech, threats, and saying bomb in an airport.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The problem is people who pick their candidate for POTUS based on social media memes. There is no cure for that kind of stupid. Its not Russians meddling in our election, its incredibly stupid people doing what incredibly stupid people do.

So our problem isn't Russia.

It's stupid Americans.

Thats pretty much it. If people weren't so stupid and gullible nothing Russia did on fb would matter, would it?

Russia is accused of meddling in our election by putting lots of anti-hillary ads on social media. hillary and her crew put at least as many anti-Trump ads on social media as Russia did.

There were a lot of people on both sides out in the streets handing out flyers, sending tons of emails, making a crap load of phone calls all trying to influence voters. So where do you draw the line between campaigning and meddling? Is the same piece of information any more or less harmful just because it comes from two different sources? And did people even know who the sources were at the time?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Russia can put all the crap they want to on fb or any other social media. That is not a problem.

The only meddling by foreign nationals in the last election was illegal aliens who have no right to vote for our nations leaders but did so anyway.

The left can't grasp that most folks voted for Trump because he was literally anyone else than Hillary. I've said it before and I will say it again, I would have voted for Putin over her if that was my choice.

Hillary Clinton lost the election for the Dems, nobody else.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Which it is not.

Someone is getting mad.

I know you don't care because you are always trying to move the goalposts to jive with your twisted views.

And you continue today's trend of just making things up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join