It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meme-aggedon, Illegals, and Rights.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It has been discussed here at great length how illegal aliens have rights. Right to due process. Even if they are illegally here, foreign nationals, breaking the law.

So illegals have rights.

Meme-aggedon is Russia "manipulating our election" by using social media, memes. Basically foreign nationals using the right to free speech to play their evil nefarious game.

But apparently Russia doesn't have the right to free speech.

Now illegals have the right to due process. Foreign nationals have the right to due process. Foreign nationals have rights.

Except if the foreign national is Russian, and the right is free speech.

Do I have that right?

Do foreign nationals have the right to free expression?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Rights to due process != right to undermine the election process.

Did Russian undermine ours? I don't know, don't care either - possibly, given that at least twice a week I read something that's obviously BS on this very message board and those threads influence those stupid enough to forgo fact checking or desperately looking to confirm their bias.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Who said they didn't have free speech rights or a right to due process?
edit on 20-7-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Wonder how the left would handle a flood of illegal Russian immigrants into our country.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

Wonder how the left would handle a flood of illegal Russian immigrants into our country.

That's already a thing, and has been. Partisan hacks tend to only care about brown illegals though.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Who said they didn't have free speech rights?

Ooops.

My bad.

I was under the impression that the DOJ was investigating Russian presence on social media.

Sorry.

Mods, please trash this thread and I will perform the "Walk of Shame" and post stuff about kittens from now on.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Freedom of speech, as I understand the Constitution affords to everyone, the Government can't limit anyone's speech foreign or domestic. That's not to say, some don't want them to.

Mueller is just muddying the water.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

WTF!!?!?!?! I was promised memes!

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I was under the impression that the DOJ was investigating Russian presence on social media.

Yes, but their presence as a Russian government entity.

We are not talking about just regular citizens goofing off on social media. We are talking about government contractors and propagandists.

I do not think you are presenting this situation in the proper context.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
ILLEGALS had the right to speak at conventions in Philadelphia.

The loudest voices whining about Russia are the loudest HYPOCRITES I've ever seen.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
And, Americans are supposed to be able to hear anything that the rest of the world is saying. Our government is not supposed to be filtering the outside information to support the agenda of those currently in power.

Freedom of speech and freedom to hear it.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesjr
And, Americans are supposed to be able to hear anything that the rest of the world is saying. Our government is not supposed to be filtering the outside information to support the agenda of those currently in power.

Things that traitors say^^^^^^ hahah, jk.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Dude, the Oath Keepers are viewed as a "Far Right" militia group by these idiots. The Oath Keepers... a group who is comprised mostly of former US military veterans, law enforcement officers, and emergency responders standing united to defend THE US CONSTITUTION is a "far right militia" and is "dangerous" to the country... How are they protested against? By an angry mob of leftists burning American flags, of course!
www.foxnews.com...

Screw these asshats and their convoluted, twisted, uneducated, dumb, hypocritical, Unamaerican, disgusting viewpoints where Rights, America, freedom, and which foreigners are welcome is concerned. We are well past the time when that confederation of dunces needs to be marginalized to hell, give their opinions the same amount of weight you'd apply to finding dogsnip on a sidewalk, because that's what their opinion actually resembles.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Then maybe it's time for the Resistance to exercise their freedom and actually hear the truth instead of refusing to hear anything that doesn't pander to their myopic view of the country?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

They don't even really get due process. Every Russian indicted in the US is turned into a smear on the President.

I can't get drunk enough to follow the logic used.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

We are not talking about just regular citizens goofing off on social media. We are talking about government contractors and propagandists.

The newly elected president of Mexico has vowed to send more illegals into the USA. Let's not pretend the illegal alien problem on the southern border is one limited to or even controlled by "regular citizens" of the #hole countries we're seeing wave after wave of illegals coming into the US from.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Then maybe it's time for the Resistance to exercise their freedom and actually hear the truth instead of refusing to hear anything that doesn't pander to their myopic view of the country?

They are free to only watch CNN and stick their fingers in their ears when they start to hear truth. Not a great way to experience life if you ask me, but to each their own.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The newly elected president of Mexico has vowed to send more illegals into the USA. Let's not pretend the illegal alien problem on the southern border is one limited to or even controlled by "regular citizens" of the #hole countries we're seeing wave after wave of illegals coming into the US from.

That has nothing to do with what I said.

Please re-read what I posted and try to focus.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

So a foreign national (if they work for their government) does not have the same rights as a foreign national who doesn't work for their government.

Okay.

That would apply to ALL foreign nationals, I'm assuming.

So if someone from the Mexican government says or does something in America, they don't have any rights.

Hmmf.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Russia can put all the crap they want to on fb or any other social media. That is not a problem.

The problem is people who pick their candidate for POTUS based on social media memes. There is no cure for that kind of stupid. Its not Russians meddling in our election, its incredibly stupid people doing what incredibly stupid people do.

The only meddling by foreign nationals in the last election was illegal aliens who have no right to vote for our nations leaders but did so anyway.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join