It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suck it up... buttercup!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You should not pay more because I smoke and drink.

I wouldn't. You would, because those items are luxury taxed.

The more you smoke and drink the more money you pay to the system you put strain on.

Want to eat fast food every day? Go for it, you're juicing the system.

It would be one that rewards self responsibility and taxes the inverse.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Kudos to you man. Again, and especially those with mental health, we will pay one way or the other. No harm in nipping it in the bud.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Your OP is a very verbose strawman.

Would you like to discuss specifics? Are you prepared to admit that the terrible things Trump says publicly are more about how you choose to perceive them?

Maybe we can just beat this strawman for 10 pages instead?

Astute assessment

I was going to reply as well, that No one, not Trump, not the media, not someone on ATS, can MAKE me feel any way what so ever.

I control my emotions and thoughts and no one else.

Perhaps the OP should exercise this more often.

In fact I would suggest all of society should do more of it, because it seems they have completely forgotten how.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: kurthall

Almost made a thread about this...… Cohen taped Trump discussing making hush payment to former Playboy model Karen McDougal: Sources

OMG!!! Shows over people, go ahead and swear in Pence.

Dude Karen McDougal was my favorite model for years....

Omg
edit on 7/20/2018 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Kudos to you man. Again, and especially those with mental health, we will pay one way or the other. No harm in nipping it in the bud.

Like The Who say. . .

"The sun shines, and people forget".
edit on 20-7-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Obama was polling at 45% approval in July 2010.

I am sure he might have been polling pretty crappy at times in his presidency.

I however am talking about Trumps numbers not Obama's.

They were a percentage point apart at similar lengths in their Presidential terms.

How would you try to measure their popularity at a given time other than that ?

It's a rather apples to apples comparison.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

It's amazing to watch the Republicans worried about the deep corruption that was installed by the Democrats

There's no Democrats anywhere near as Corrupt as Trump and his administration. They're ALL criminals.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
No, I don't want anyone banned. Which is why this is in here so that people can vent and get it out of the system a bit.

But then, when news are posted, real news and important topics, I hope people remember this rant and keep it together a bit more. A lot of people have been getting really triggered last few days over the avalanche of anti-Trump news. And they've been rude to posters, and mods just can't get to all posts and stop it in time.

So this rant, in essence, could save people FROM getting banned -- if they keep the vitriol in here, where I already said I would take it.

*puts the visor down again*

Ummm...you have yet to bring any real and important topics to the table...Karen...you bring innuendo and gossip...
Rumor milling doesn’t pass for truth and your version of news is a crank call from the onion...

We’ve seen it all before and frankly...it’s not impressive...all you do is regurgitate whatever the MSM is foisting on any given day...there is no in depth anything...

It’s gotten to the point where. I see a thread from you and my first response is...groan...not another one of these...my eyes glaze over and boom...there I am...fast asleep while the calliope cranked on...

Again...frankly...your a one man/woman/? Three ring circus...and all I want to see is that sign...”This way...to the egress”...

Yawn...time to put this sad sack thread to bed...

Call me when you stumble across an singular fact...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Report: Lisa Page revealed under oath that there was no basis for Mueller's appointment

July 20, 2018 Report: Lisa Page revealed under oath that there was no basis for Mueller's appointment By Thomas Lifson The Mueller special counsel investigation was launched to probe charges that the key FBI officials developing evidence in the case thought were baseless. That's a bombshell accusation that appears to have been confirmed by lovebird-turned-songbird Lisa Page, according to John Solomon. It tends to confirm the suspicion that the Mueller probe is a cover-up operation to obscure the criminal use of counterintelligence capabilities to spy on a rival presidential campaign and then sabotage the presidency that resulted.

Yours truly,
deplorable buttercup

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

No. We put luxury taxes on junk food, fast food, tobacco alcohol. Those who are going to strain the system pay more.

So tax the poor? I eat steak, so I guess I'm good.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Remember when all those republicans were wigging the fuk out after obamas elections..... o wait nm.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Agreed with the OP - being from the UK the idea of defending politicians and making excuses for them instead of holding them to account is really weird. Trump isn't the first it happened to, but seems the worst case so far (may be amplified/distorted due to tech advances).

Any decent reading material on how the whole US treating of political parties like sports teams came about? Happens on the fringes in Europe but avg 89% of the populatiion don't trust what any of them say and is the least trusted profession.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

being from the UK the idea of defending politicians and making excuses for them instead of holding them to account is really weird.

It's very bizarre isn't it? I guess we had our antidote to charismatic ideologues in Tony Blair. No more worshipping politicians ever again. He brought all that 'hope and change' and led us into wars whilst he made millions. Hubris by the bucketload.

America fell for the same trick with Obama and now there's Trump. Three times a charm?

Dunno if you're much of a reader or not. You might enjoy Hofstadter - The Paranoid Style in American Politics. It doesn't focus too much on the partisan see-saw, but it's relevant to modern politics overall despite being written in '64.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Thanks will dig it out, sounds exactly what I'm looking for.

Yeah I remember celebrating around the TV while Prescot and Mandelson clapped along out of sync to D-ream's 'Things can only get better' - how wrong we were.

Fell for it with Obama myself, amazing public speaker presenting himself as the polar-opposite to Bush, then turned out to be all mouth and no trousers. I think Obama's betrayal of the public was one of the main reasons Trump was elected - he says exactly what's on his mind, people knew what they were getting with him as he didn't wrap himself in a PR shield and speech writers were 'John/Jane Doe' rather than Harvard post-grad career NLP manipulators.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: Kharron

Almost made a thread about this...…

Cohen taped Trump discussing making hush payment to former Playboy model Karen McDougal: Sources

To this mans FOLLOWERS, he can do no wrong. His pathetic rhetoric is old. Lie after lie. I mean really, if this were Obama! Come on! Its not like, we make the crap up, this idiot lies about. He lies on camera, and then calls it FAKE NEWS! His followers, then defend him, as if he didn't lie to begin with....its just ridiculous.
www.yahoo.com...

Huh??? If this was Obama???

The MSM wouldn't report on Obama...They did everything to protect and cover for Obama for 8 long, miserable years...And they still are...

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

There's no Democrats anywhere near as Corrupt

I guess so when one ignores extremely careless and highly unsophisticated rewritten memos.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Right! Dims deserve a lot of credit for not giving up even though their fate is sealed.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Trump is a wimp by comparison..Obama, the “ liberal warrior,” dropped 26,171 bombs – three bombs every hour, 24 hours a day.
Nothing ever happened. Even while it was happening it wasn’t happening. It didn’t matter. It was of no interest.

With his Secretary of State Hillary Clinton at his side they destroyed Libya as a modern state.

Obama murder .....by drones.

Trump .....Twitter attacks.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Yahoo news is a reputable source? Nothing more to be said. Your brain damaged. Must be angry about your life position. Sorry for you.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

if this were Obama!

It'd have been a man sex Obama would be paying hush money for. Common knowledge Obama preferred men and had sex with men. Michelle was just window dressing. Suck it up...snowflake!
edit on 22-7-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join