It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suck it up... buttercup!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I have to agree with the OP although it should go both ways.

I think we on the left also have a bit of a annoying habit of getting triggered by the news although I think with the right its become so much worse.

Trump is massively unpopular and I think a huge problem is that his supporters are very vocal yet just struggle to admit to the fact that they are very much in the minority. The were never really a majority in the first place, lets face it Trump lost the popular vote. He has said and done things that are massively unpopular and his supporters seem almost blinded by all of it, making excuses and denials for even his most outrageous claims. Just recently after that debacle that was the Trump Putin meeting I saw members defending his views, defending what he said at that press conference, then embarrassingly 24 hours later backing his claim that he misspoke and meant the opposite of what he said.

Trump is getting blasted in the press because he brings it on himself, that is why above all else, its go well beyond ideology. Its just simply because there isn't all the much good stuff to report on, and lets face it the media always go for the negative anyway and right now its like a all you can eat buffet for them at happy hour right now with the crap that this man says and tweets.

I can understand the frustration of the right I guess, must be horrible feeling so passionate about a political and his ideology, to support with such strong vigour only to see him and his idea's ripped to shreds all over the international and national media.

So next time OP they are getting to you just think of that.

I know none of the Trump supporters will agree with me on this but even 18 months or so in its becoming painfully clear that the history books are not going to be looking kindly on Trump.

Agree with everything you said. That is why in this climate news need to be tempered; I do, not only in the style I use when I write but how often I post as well. There is enough out there for ten or more threads a day, but I think a thread every day or two days is enough. But even then that one every couple of days is deflected, ridiculed and buried... and that's a good reaction. So tempers need to be tempered as well.

All I'm asking for is civility, it's hard for all of us, myself included -- sometimes I actually facepalm or double facepalm when I read some of this stuff and I want to say something, but I made a promise to keep civil and be nice, a promise to myself and to others. And it's keeping me more calm when I just skip over those posts.

Like I said in a thread I made the other day, I feel it's been a bad week for the Trump support so I was hesitant even posting that thread, and I had it pinned as a tab for a while. But when someone does post, it should not be ok to abuse the fact that mods aren't always around and to personally attack for pages and pages. Eventually the mods catch up to it, but news get buried in pages of hatred that no one wants to read through. Who wants to comment when a discussion had already devolved into everyone flinging poop at one or more people, for a few pages? You know those threads where rational comments get ignored because everyone is already fighting over something off topic?

Thanks for writing OtherSide, it is always on my mind, and it slows me down.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

Absolutely. He is my President.

I don't think he acts like one, but that's why there is so much in the news about it.

Well then that is good...When about 50% of Americans say otherwise even before his first day in office that is the real issue with all this...the old " I didn't win so he is not my President!" thing is so lame and weak.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Absolutely. He is my President.

I don't think he acts like one, but that's why there is so much in the news about it.

Well then that is good...When about 50% of Americans say otherwise even before his first day in office that is the real issue with all this...the old " I didn't win so he is not my President!" thing is so lame and weak.

51%

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Thank for dude, don't really have too much to add

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

You ever read about other Presidents and others in our Government? I think many of them make Trump seem lame in terms of how they acted privately in meetings and life in general. The main difference is Trump is the first to be extremely open in all he says by either his own method (twitter etc) or leaks that were massive at every private/confidential meeting he had. Add in the disinfo campaign that the press put forth 24/7 and one wonders why he would be any different than he is.

I think most Presidents wouldn't hold up to what Trump has gone though if their "private/hidden secrets/talks/actions" were blasted 24/7 back in their day.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
What specific policies do the anti-Trump people hate?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

51%

Lol ya...might as well say 28%, but 72% didn't vote for him so some where is a good number.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

A couple of the top of my head.

His wall.
reversal of Obama care.
his "Muslim ban"
pulling out of Paris accords.
Abortion E.O.

There are probably more than that, but am drinking and listening to thin Lizzy right now so my head is mince

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

A couple of the top of my head.

His wall.

So against a strong immigration policy.

reversal of Obama care.

Obamacare is a gateway to socialized medicine, a disaster for our nation.

his "Muslim ban"

He didn't ban Muslims. He placed a hold on countries that would not share visa information with the US.

Smart man. Paris Accords is poor people from wealthy nations paying rich people of poor nations.

Abortion E.O.

People can still kill/murder their babies.

There are probably more than that, but am drinking and listening to thin Lizzy right now so my head is mince

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I am not going to argue them with you one by one, you asked what policies I as a person who doesn't really like Trump all that much disagree with.

There are a few for starters.

If you think that those are all wonderful policies, then good for you, we have a different opinion on them though.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Fair enough.

Agree to disagree.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The resistance hates everything his supporters voted for him to do, then? Well, that doesn't point towards an almost evenly polarized America in any way...

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Who's buttercup?

edit on Rpm72018v06201800000038 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The resistance hates everything his supporters voted for him to do, then? Well, that doesn't point towards an almost evenly polarized America in any way...

Well I am not American.

Also if I was asked if he has done anything good, that I agree with, I could possibly have found a few.

lets not pretend this is black and white please.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

His wall.

Its a campaign promise and it seems Trump is about the only President that works hard on those...got to give him credit for that...lol

reversal of Obama care.

Was going to die within 10 years and the democrats knew that from day one. He told congress to fix it and they didn't...not sure who to blame here, but it was a CRAPPY plan and Obama lied all over it to push it through while everyone else didn't even read it...lol Not sure what to be upset over or with whom on this one.

his "Muslim ban"

Yes somewhat, from the countries that Obama already labeled as terrorist. Trump didn't invent the list, so once again who is to blame? Trump? Obama? The terrorist from those countries? SCOTUS?

Massive political event with no teeth, but wanted the big US paying for it all. If they did nothing they would still meet their goals they set, that is how bad it is/was. Also the "world" has polluted abut the same in the last 70 years. China on the other hand started to have massive pollution increases every year since the 1970s to OVER TAKE the rest of the world combine, and as per the Paris accords they really do not need to slow down...Something wrong there...

Abortion E.O.

Dead horse the left kicks every 4 years...lol

thin Lizzy right now so my head is mince

Thin Lizzy is good.

edit on 20-7-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Did you have a problem with the wall Trumps challenger built around their convention hall?

Do you think there should be free and open travel to known terrorist states?

Shouldn't have problems with Abortions eo's since that seperate families.

In other words no real gripe.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Obamacare is/was such a great plan. Forced people to purchase plans that covered things they didn't need covered at a price no one could afford to buy and with a deductible so high it would never have to pay out claims. Right, a fabulous healthcare plan.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Obamacare is a gateway to socialized medicine, a disaster for our nation.

Hmmmm, here is where I am with the left. Hear me out.

We get raped by pharmaceutical companies and health care providers. Why? Because we're a nation with poor health where they overcharge health insurance companies and medicare/medicaid.

So, we do a base health model that gets you what you need, and nothing more. Want to supplement more? Go for it, that's encouraged, maybe with tax benefits?

Do I say raise DBCowboy's income taxes? Do I look effing insane?

No. We put luxury taxes on junk food, fast food, tobacco alcohol. Those who are going to strain the system pay more.

Want to sell your drug to the service? Cool, give us a fair rate or we go generic. Have a new fancy drug where there is no generic? We shell out to save a life. The FDA fast tracks approving drugs for $$$$, that stops and superficial/cosmetic drugs take longer.

Now, I hope you read that DBCowboy, because at the end of the day, we are paying for other people's Healthcare one way or the other. And I think that system would be fair.

Now, hit me with your critism you convicted yet open minded bastard. I'm trying to tweak the idea.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I think we should be held responsible for our own actions and not the actions of others.

You should not pay more because I smoke and drink.

Personal responsibility extends to being responsible for your own health and healthcare.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I want to add a caveat.

I think mental health should be a solely government responsibility paid for with our taxes. People with mental health issues usually have trouble with work and by that very nature can't be personally responsible.

Reagan was wrong for closing down mental health facilities.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join