It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Yellowstone the fire and brimstone the bible predicts as the end or the world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Is the Yellowstone the FIRE and BRIMSTONE the bible predicts as the end or the world?

I rarely belive in fairy tales but I have heard that supposedly in the bible the world will be destroyed by fire and brimstone. Is this true? Where does it say this. If so the only thing I can logically see fullfilling this would be Yellowstone. When this thing blows all of the U.S. is gone and a good deal of the rest of the world too!

If this belongs in the prediction section feel free to move it. I'm not sure myself as I was asking for information and speculation and not making any type of prediction.

[edit on 21-2-2005 by IXRAZORXI321]

[edit on 21-2-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Actually Yellowstone has blown more than once with the larger caldera being 80 miles in length. It is not some biblical jargon just natural occurances of the earth. At some point the caldera will blow again but is not because the bible said so.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I asked if yellowstone blowing would be the end of the world as described in the bible. I didn't say it was going to blow because the bibble said so. Thats crazy.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I know there is a whole post on yellowstone and probally more scientific than this it's just what i remeber from geology classes and notes i have taken.

If i remeber correctly, yellowstone has erupted 3 times each erruption coming from a different caldera. So in fact it was three seperate volcanoes.(everything is approximated and estimated also for comparison Mt. St. Helens released about 1/3 square mile)

1st time: 1.8 m.y.a (million years ago) 200 sq miles of new material was released (1200 times Mt. St. Helens eruption)(I believe it was this erruption my professor refer to when he mentioned it was enough to dump a foot of ash in detroit)

2nd time: 1.2 m.y.a 120 sq. miles of new material released

3rd time: .6 m.y.a 63 sq miles of new material released

Personally, I would expect the next erruption to produce about 20-30 sq miles. Still a lot of damage but no where near the extent that people make it out to be. That said it is also possible to be much larger. The worst part of the volcano is the fact that it sits just to the west of the plains and one of the largest crop producing areas in the world. Also the runnoff could bog down many riverways including the mississippi.

Also of note that time frames have a +/- of 50,000 years and the fact that some of the material has to be dated using the "whole rock method" with the exception of some rocks that are partially crystallized doesn't give as accurate of a reading so the time range can be off by more than the 50,000 years.

Also of note is that some people who use "biblical" refrences for the end of the world use a comet or asteroid along with yellowstone. (one source i have seen people use on this site is www.onealclan.com but personally i have found that they have several misguided statements).
There is some evidence that supports the theory that an impact of a size large enough to cause such significant damage such as the extinction of the dinsaurs also would cause a massive flood basalt flow on the oppisite side of the earth. (There is a massive flood basalt that is opposite the yucatan pennisula that is dated to the same time period as the yucatan crater which is generaly accepeted as the most likely spot for the impact that killed the dinosaurs.)

Like i said these are all from notes I took during my geology classes. The numbers for yellowstone may be off some. I'm not a geologist just have a hobby and interest with it.

One last thing, I personally don't believe in parts of the bible, such as revaltion. I just added in the parts about a relation with some theories and yellowstone because that's what you were asking in the first place.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Absolutely not the Fire and brimstone shall rain down on man as the cups are poured out this is specifically address in the 7 cups of wrath and in the seven seals and seven trumpets in the book of revelation 6:1-12:1 and revelation 16:1-17:1

It shall be world wide destruction not one location oreinted

[edit on 21/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Right, it will be like that flood noah ended up smack dan in the middle of, global.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
just sounds like yellowstone is having bad luck is the only thing I can justify the excessive fire storms under. curious myth though is that on the west coast there are 2 major concentration points where in evil is supposed to pass through but that is mythical on point is under a satanic former baptist church in nevada and the other might just be yellowstone , but again that is legend not fact that I know about.

top topics

join