It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Spirited, Substantive Debate on the Trump-Putin Summit, Russia, and U.S. Politics

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Some democrats are in bed with wall street ..

ALL REPUBLICANS ARE IN BED WITH WALLSTREET..

Check which side gets the most lobbiest money.. it is public record..

Republicans get all the private prison money.

They get the majority of the big pharma money..

All the big oil lobbiests..

And most of the other big wig corporatations..

The democrats get Hollywood. Silicone valley and the unions.

Don't forget FINANCE.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: six67seven
Man, I haven't listened to Glenn Greenwald in a long time.

How refreshing!

I need to proactively seek his work out more often.

If you go to TheIntercept.com he has his own section there. I truly love most of his work and interviews. Unfortunatly The Intercept is getting a little mainstream and are starting to pick up "journalists" who load up their articles with buzz words and emotion.

I like Glenn because he is pretty straight forward. Most people don't realize he doesn't even live in the US because of differing views with the government. Yet he will still take a pretty fair approach when he weighs in on issues.

There is a weekly podcast as well called The Intercept if you are into that kind of thing.

I find Glenn Greenwald intelligent and thorough, the intercept overall too. But there is something that makes me take it all with a grain of salt. Don't know what it is... kinda like .... hm William Buckley ... a distain for others .... an arrogance that potentially hides blind spots ... lack of humility.

Yea, I get that sentiment. It's not what it used to be. And I have listened to almost every podcast but have stopped recently because I want to keep my respect for Scahill while he is obviously struggling emotionally through all of this.

Glenn is the man, poster child for someone who should be rabid against the US government but criticizes fairly and defends when it's due.

I was speaking mostly of Glenn Greenwald. Jeremy Scahill I find much more authentic.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

How refreshing!

If you go to TheIntercept.com he has his own section there. I truly love most of his work and interviews. Unfortunatly The Intercept is getting a little mainstream and are starting to pick up "journalists" who load up their articles with buzz words and emotion.

I like Glenn because he is pretty straight forward. Most people don't realize he doesn't even live in the US because of differing views with the government. Yet he will still take a pretty fair approach when he weighs in on issues.

There is a weekly podcast as well called The Intercept if you are into that kind of thing.

I find Glenn Greenwald intelligent and thorough, the intercept overall too. But there is something that makes me take it all with a grain of salt. Don't know what it is... kinda like .... hm William Buckley ... a distain for others .... an arrogance that potentially hides blind spots ... lack of humility.

Yea, I get that sentiment. It's not what it used to be. And I have listened to almost every podcast but have stopped recently because I want to keep my respect for Scahill while he is obviously struggling emotionally through all of this.

Glenn is the man, poster child for someone who should be rabid against the US government but criticizes fairly and defends when it's due.

I was speaking mostly of Glenn Greenwald. Jeremy Scahill I find much more authentic.

They both are. Me and you may see it differently, but I would hope you'd at least give credit to Glenn for having his boyfriend interrogated when he came to visit him in Hong Kong during the Edward Snowden story.

We could delve deeper but I think either way it shows that Greenwald and Scahill compliment each other. Ironically they are a shoe is on the other foot duo, Scahill leaning left, Greenwald right. That said, Greenwald is definitely liberal, he just plays devils advocate. I just think he is right of Scahill.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Here is my take:

Trump meeting and talking with foreign leaders, that is ok, acceptable and part of the job.

So meeting with Putin, it is good.

But a private meeting, where he has no team, no note takers, nothing of record, that is not ok. That is the controversy, that is the actual problem.

Things are often said in a private meeting, that can and will often come back to haunt the person. And could impact the US for years.

The other thing that I think we should be disturbed, is the very idea, that without trial, without just cause that the President even considered handing over a US citizen, to a country, which has no extradition treaty. That is also not setting well.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

I like your take. It's logical and fair. I wouldn't disagree, just think the histaria is exaggerated.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   

How refreshing!

They both are. Me and you may see it differently, but I would hope you'd at least give credit to Glenn for having his boyfriend interrogated when he came to visit him in Hong Kong during the Edward Snowden story.

We could delve deeper but I think either way it shows that Greenwald and Scahill compliment each other. Ironically they are a shoe is on the other foot duo, Scahill leaning left, Greenwald right. That said, Greenwald is definitely liberal, he just plays devils advocate. I just think he is right of Scahill.

I agree that they complement one another. And that the work they do is well done. Scahill is methodical, Greenwald is passionate. Scahill fact driven and Greenwald emotion driven.

I just have this sense that Greenwald is something of an enigma for the reasons I've mentioned.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I don't think it is. Remember back when Trump met with the leader of North Korea? How they had a meeting that was in private. Shortly after, the propaganda that came out from North Korea, was very shocking, as it stated that the US president had made promises, like easing up sanctions, and that North Korea was no longer a threat. Even cancelled the autumn joint military exercises.

There were claims made, that we do not know what the truth is, as it was just the President, Kim, and the translator for Kim. No one from the US were in on this, so we have no way of knowing what is stated and promised.

Added to the further point that Trump has had several private meetings with Putin, here again it was just him in the room with no notes, even telephone calls, where there were no notes. All of this secrecy, is not good, for the country needs to know what is said and promised in those meetings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join