It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knife Rampage on Bus in Lubeck, Germany

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
At least nine people were injured today--three of them seriously--as a man started stabbing people on a bus in Lubeck, Germany.

www.focus.de...

The perp is described as a 30-year old Iranian man. They are not calling it terrorism yet.

And that's about all the details they are releasing for now. Stand by for updates.
edit on 20-7-2018 by starviego because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2018 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Senseless and tragic.

I hope they hang the bastard.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Too bad someone didn’t have a gun.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

If i were on that bus i'd imagine some passengers feeling terror.....

After the terror, i'd feel terrorised.

Terribly.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Some accounts say the man was carrying a "smoldering" backpack.

That's always a bad sign.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I really hate knive violence.

These mass knife attacks need to end.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

I can only legally carry my 3 inch folding blade in the UK but if I was on that bus I'd do my best to plunge it into his neck if I could.
I stabbed a burglar years ago when I was 17 or 18, I know I'm capable of it, and in my case, my stabbing was deemed to be reasonable force.
We must be able to defend ourselves from nutters, and I will every time, I'd prefer jail alive than stabbed dead on a bus.
Thoughts to the victims.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

www.rt.com...
Local news outlets describe him as a male of Iranian origin and in his 30s. ...
The suspect, 34, is a German citizen and was born in Germany, the prosecutor, Ulla Hingst, told LN...

I don't get this guy's motives. If he doesn't like Germany or Germans, why not go back to his homeland Iran? No matter how much these guys hate the West, that's one thing they never even consider.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

www.rt.com...
Local news outlets describe him as a male of Iranian origin and in his 30s. ...
The suspect, 34, is a German citizen and was born in Germany, the prosecutor, Ulla Hingst, told LN...

I don't get this guy's motives. If he doesn't like Germany or Germans, why not go back to his homeland Iran? No matter how much these guys hate the West, that's one thing they never even consider.

Maybe he is just mentally ill but odds are there is some extremist in him going by past cases.
Radical Islam, whether it is Shia or Sunni, will be a looked back on historically as some of Islams darkest days.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Germany is just about Iran's best friend in the G7. Must be a nutter

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Why do we never hear of people randomly going on knife rampages in Middle Eastern countries? Bring them to the West and suddenly they become Mr Stabby. Either they hate Westerners or are being encouraged to go on attacks by someone.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

They use bombs and suicide attacks there. Don't pretend you did never hear about that before.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter

Sure, to shoot around in a full bus.

There was no gun needed, the passengers disarmed and arrested that a-hole. Without shooting and injuring or killing anybody else.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

originally posted by: bananashooter

Sure, to shoot around in a full bus.

There was no gun needed, the passengers disarmed and arrested that a-hole. Without shooting and injuring or killing anybody else.

Whoooosh. That's the sound of the post going right over your head. Point is, if the citizens were armed, this attack wouldn't have happened in the first place.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Why do we never hear of people randomly going on knife rampages in Middle Eastern countries? Bring them to the West and suddenly they become Mr Stabby. Either they hate Westerners or are being encouraged to go on attacks by someone.

Because that's normal behavior over there.

top topics

join