It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm questioning my sanity.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered
a reply to: angeldoll

Alrighty. I said I would leave this thread alone, but, I need to point out this is not schizophrenia. Doesn't even sound like schizophrenia, and he's stated he is beyond the age of on-set.

As a medical professional I can tell you most definitely many of the claims are INDEED symptomatic of schizophrenia.
He says hes beyond the onset age, but you can look through his posts from the past and he admitted he was diagnosed with the problem.

I haven't seen him state he's been diagnosed with Schizophrenia?

You don't walk out into the woods, see a cabin that's not really there, and jump to a psychotic disorder diagnosis. As a medical professional, then, I assume you know that although visual hallucinations in Schizophrenia occur, they are fairly uncommon, with most of them taking the path of auditory, or other types.

If he has a diagnosis, then alright then. But if he doesn't, it's quite foolhardy to jump to that conclusion here, based on the short history we've been told.

WyleKat, sorry to talk about you on your own thread as though you aren't available. It's quite rude.

If you haven't been diagnosed with a pervasive mental illness, and these episodes continue, I would get a second opinion.
I'm thinking PET scan, or whatever your doctor recommends.

I know it's unnerving. Once you determine something is a hallucination, it's best to shoo it away. (ignore it and proceed with business as usual. Consult with a trusted person such as your wife, if needed for validation) My participation here is starting to make me uncomfortable.

Keep well.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

Hmph. If you're a medical professional, I'm a goat named Rainbow Sprinkles.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

I have only but to agree. Good of you being
here to say it to. Better than another member
of ATS lay'n it on him thick.

Hope this helped Wyle.

I can be harsh at times but its not out of malice, some of us need a hard reality check, I operate much the same. Im stubborn set in my ways and most of the time it takes a hard knock to my head to get me to wake up to things sometimes.
As a person in the medical field, we get that hyper-focus thing going on and sometimes its hard to shake out of.

So I know how the OP could feel at times.

ATM, I am having quite a reality check, and that's with stuff that has not a thing to do with the added crap that this has become. I'm spending my days watching people- people I should *trust*- like the daycare my kid (no longer) goes to, with a member of the staff abusing her to the point she won't talk about it, and spent a full day today absolutely exhausted. People I wouldn't trust if I were on fire, and they had a bucket of water to put me out. Got things I won't go into detail about, since they are of a legal nature, because of breathtakingly dishonest people. Wife has had zombie debt come up. And tonight- just because I seem to not have enough blood boiling excitement in my life, I had some half drunk festering turd bucket try to start a fight with me- IN A DAMN GROCERY STORE. *WHILE* I am trying to get our kid to stop goofing off with another kid in the middle of the aisle! Wasn't even his damn kid, yet. There's more- mostly thanks to *people* who make me look absolutely and completely SANE. I could sit here and watch unicorns go roller skate with garden gnomes in the toilet bowl, and never manage to achieve the mental illness I get to not only watch, but experience from complete and utter fruitloops! So yeah. I might be mental- but I got competition that makes me look like I'm not even freaking trying.

You want reality checks? I got plenty. Have some. PLEASE. First hint of real money from any source, me, wife, and kid are going to find a nice, quiet place on this planet and happily tell the rest of it to go jump into satan's underwear. Won't be out in the middle of the woods- a nice, quiet, European town, or someplace in Uruguay. Been reading up on their Florida. Nice enough sounding place.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Can you "pretty please" clarify a bit more here? You mean Star Trek, not TNG or any other spin off? And by beaming effect, you mean the transporter ("beam" me up, Scotty?), right?

Next Gen (I can't believe I got my effects mixed up. Oi), and let me go wangle up a sort of pic.

*Wangles*

This is a crude representation of whatever the hell this thing was, on a generic road picture for relative scale. As for distance, my 'someone's there' radar generally kicks in at about 2-3 feet, so this thing moved away when I turned around to probably double that. Or I am guessing. It had an odd quality where it was hard to get an idea of scale or distance from the... well- *points at the thing in the pic* Whatever in the level hell this thing was. Looks like blocky, tacky art from a 50's bar.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

WyleKat, sorry to talk about you on your own thread as though you aren't available.

I haven't been for a couple hours. Wife's aunt had a stroke, and she's going to go see her tomorrow. She's expecting to be sworn at, screamed at, and have something hurled at her- so fun tomorrow. We did the stuff we do tomorrow today- and I got to have a half drunk pile of (insert 'em all here) try to pick a fight with me, in a freaking *grocery store*. In front of my wife and kid, yet.

I know it's unnerving. Once you determine something is a hallucination, it's best to shoo it away.

I've had seizures. I can't explain it- but I can tell the difference between a seizure, and this sort of... whatever the hell it was. If it was a hallucination, moving sideways, or away would pretty much wipe it out, I believe. I did that. I looked down. I looked at the phone after taking 4 pics of the woods house thing. I walked away. I came back after the sun had set some more and the light had changed. I compared phone image with what I was seeing live.
That damn phantom house sat in the woods and didn't so much as waver the whole time.
I honestly think that I did some small accomplishment in the 'banish the hallucination' end of things. I *do* look for every possible rational explanation.

For example: We all kept hearing a small, weird noise coming from somewhere in the bedroom a few months back. I did what I do when a smoke detector's battery goes out, and it's hard to nail down that annoying chirp. I wait till I hear the noise, try to get a direction, and eliminate sound sources as I can- closing doors, etc. I finally gave up trying to hear it, as this was taking days to get a fix on. We all were going out one day, so I took a spare phone, turned on the recorder, and put it on a small, battery powered cash register. We all went out. We all came back. I went to grab the phone, jostled the cash register, and out of it came that darn noise. I got a screwdriver...

As for what it was that came up behind me- I got nothing. Complete and utter *nothing*. My 'someone's there' radar doesn't go off unless someone's near me. With that, I turned around quick because I am in just no mood for someone trying to be a jerk and think they're being 'funny'. Or be robbed- or just plain assaulted. I fully expected to see someone either walking down the street right behind me, or trying to act nonchalant after being caught trying to be an ass. I in no way expected a thing that quickly dissolved close enough to make me want to ruin my underwear.

I'm thinking PET scan, or whatever your doctor recommends.
*googles PET scan* Seems the results might be inconsistent (It'd help if they wrote this in English) for measuring schizophrenia: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Might be interesting to see what else it picks up on, tho. I might also look into it for a digestive and *ahem* other issue. Doctor just wants to skip right to shrink. I'm not all that keen. When I first started the seizures, a previous doc handed me pills. "Will they work?" I asked. "I dunno!" Yech. After a week, I was so drowsy I was doing 16 hours a day in bed. Didn't help a thing.

After a last visit, I dumped the whole bunch and went with the current doctor.

My faith in doctors knowing what they are doing had been slowly dropping the past few months as it was- I could walk in with a shark chewing on my leg, and all these geniuses could come up with would be "we gotta to get your numbers (blood sugar) tweaked". Took me *months* to figure out I had gluten intolerance. Not the fake lifestyle change BS- the feel socked in the stomach, windy, bad restroom trips, joint pain, elevated glucose levels thing. The doctors? Not *once* did it enter their minds to try that, or suggest it. It didn't enter mine, either- because it was.. well.. Me? Unable to eat bread products? Not possible. 3 weeks of no wheat later, I have come to realize that was actually possible.

My current doctor actually does listen, and does the proper things to help figure out what's going on. I'll have to mention a PET scan, see what she says.

Thankfully- I'm done rambling. It's time for bed.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
This is fascinating!

I'll let the other members' armchair mental health diagnoses stand on their own merits. I've got a bit of experience with the mental health field; specifically as a target of their voodoo practices and magical potions. However, many people have experienced some relief from their therapy. You have to make your own decision concerning their effectiveness, and whether the limited scope of their theories apply to your current situation.

I assure you, your family and other close relations will hint at their concern for any irrational behavior you may exhibit. Some may even be quite blunt and tell you that you've gone off the deep end; not unlike some of our ATS cousins that have posted in this thread.

I'd say that if you start building replicas of the clapboard house using your mashed potatoes, then some kind of intervention may be indicated. You really want to nip that in the bud before you decide to pack your bags and move in.

So, if you're not that far gone yet, then I would recommend that you enjoy your "woo" experiences. Just go with it and see how far the rabbit hole goes.

You may still want to involve you mental health professionals, just to verify that these manifestations aren't symptoms of an actual organic disease. But even then, don't allow them to dissolve the wonderment of your encounters. No matter the source of your experiences, your mind has plucked something intriguing and beautiful from our otherwise random and mundane existence.

I might add to my response in a little while with some suggestions about this specific encounter as well as how I've handled some similar personal experiences.

Good luck!

-dex

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Ohhhhh... Your not actually crazy. Your breaking through the veil only few humans have been Able to do. People call you crazy because it would be impossible to accept what that effect really was. It's what you see when there is a rift through the layers of existence. I have seen a similar effect before myself in a completely different situation. I think is becoming more frequent because I have been reading more witness accounts of such a phenomenon. Only others who have witnessed it will ever accept your not quite as off as the establishment demands the world to see you as.

All of existence is made up of layers, waves, and molecular bonds of elements and bonds. Sound, light, energy, matter. Layers and waves makes up everything we cannot touch, as well as some of the matter we can.

Our eyeballs are filters evolved to exposure on this planet only. However, many synthetic optical and sound filters can see those very layers and waves that would typically be unseen by any other set of human organic filters know as eyeballs. Some people are beginning to be able to see that which exists in between the accepted visible spectrum. I do not yet know what this means. It cOuld be related to our solar system's position within the stars.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I hate to say this but, I wish this stuff would happen to me.
I'd have so much fun!

As for your experience, take it in stride. And if it shows up again punch it in the head.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
You're not crazy OP,

Many of us have gone through bizarre phenomena reminiscent of your experience and depictions of what you saw.

There are many medical reasons why this happens to people, sometimes it can be drug related. But If you experienced this in a sober state ( which I assume you did ).

Than in all likelihood you experienced an inter dimensional being taking on a certain form to create optical illusion, or you experienced a true glitch in the matrix. Whereby they pushed a button and changed a variable down here for a brief instance OR they altered your perception of what you were seeing.

Read up on the mandela effect, glitch in the matrix, strange synchronicities stories all over here, Reddit and youtube.

You're not alone, and you're not crazy.

Something caused you to see what you saw. I don't believe you have any reason or motive to lie about that.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
the cosmic trickster is interested in you!
entertain him!

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

In terms of a PET scan, (or MRI might be helpful too) I was thinking more in terms of some type of dementia, or neurological problem.

www.appliedradiology.com...

eta: Be sure and find out about the cost of a PET scan. Insurance, I think, pays for MRI, but I'm not sure it does PET, and it's an expensive test.

Hope your wife's aunt is going to be okay.

edit on 7/21/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
the cosmic trickster is interested in you!
entertain him!

The Cosmic Trickster is just *asking* for a knee to his dangling participles.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

In terms of a PET scan, (or MRI might be helpful too) I was thinking more in terms of some type of dementia, or neurological problem.

Ummm.. if anything, my dexterity, reaction time and ability to think has been improving lately. And no, I don't get it one bit. I should be heading well into 'land of broken down crappy mind and body' territory at this point. It's worrying to think gluten intolerance has done things in that area as well- and to the extent I *was* feeling.

I will find out about a PET scan cost- and I can really bet my crummy insurance won't cover it. They have an all out tantrum if I try to get my pills too early. They act like I'm going to grind them up and sell them in baggies on the street or something.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

But If you experienced this in a sober state ( which I assume you did )

You assume right. Sober, alert, not having a seizure or anything else.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Hope your wife's aunt is going to be okay.

Sadly, no. That last stroke wiped her down to a 10 year old mentality, and a pretty tantrum-y one at that. And with the way the hospital staff is treating her (AWFUL), it's now a matter of time.
The other aunt (her sister) is ready to rip lips off.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

Read up on the mandela effect

I've had to- thanks to finding out my experience with Challenger blowing up was in 1986, and not 1984. Sadly, I know exactly *where* I was when it happened, (I was 14- junior high, in FL), I can even tell you where I was sitting in class- by the door. It didn't happen in 1986 for me. 1986 was its own pile of nonsense, like high school, *New* school, dealing with the shortest stint ever in shop class (parents didn't think I could be trusted with power tools), Having to figure out how in the hell to pass driver's ed because- guess what- parents didn't trust me behind the wheel (they were abusive), and I needed to DRIVE- Watching prom for me sink like the Titanic- but I was expecting that anyways- no money to go, or anything, and on and on and on.

I'm not just baffled- I've been thrown for a loop for some time from that one. I never took drugs, so I can't blame it on that messing up my memory, either. I am also going to read up on the other stuff, too.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

I'd say that if you start building replicas of the clapboard house using your mashed potatoes, then some kind of intervention may be indicated.

Mashed potatoes- yeah. If I've gone that route, and not built it out of sculpey, sheet plastic for modeling, foamboard, or using CGI software, I've definitely had a screw or 2 come loose.

Now- as for 'seeing' things, I'm going to try something tomorrow, weather permitting that'll tell me whether or not I'm going goofy. There's other wooded areas around here. I'm going to march right up to one, and see if shapes, houses, or anything else comes prancing out. I will then proceed over to that magic little patch, and again have a good hard look. If I get nothing from one patch, and the same exact thing from the other, I am willing to bet it isn't me. I did do this last night while doing grocery shopping- I noticed not a single odd, weird visual artifact was present. Same for today while I hauled kid to an indoor play place with arcade games, nor when we grabbed some extra grocery things, or any other place we went to. Exactly nada.

This was also with me getting sugar crashy from no lunch, yet.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zimnydran
Being well adjusted to a profoundly sick society...... is no measure of sanity

I saw that quote recently on a video about slab city!

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

You're not crazy.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Some people can see things others do not due to a specific light frequency their eyes adjust to. The camera may not pick up these frequencies but your eyes do. Chances are that you are in tune with this frequency which most likely grabbed the attention of "the others."

Not to scare you or anything, but most likely you sparked their curiosity and they were most likely testing your awareness.

As for the doctors comments some posted here. Yea it would be best to ignore those comments for one reason. Neither you nor them know for sure whether or not it is a mental thing or demonic activity, and I know for certain that demonic entities exists

Especially those called the seven deadlies.

S & F and thank you for sharing your experience.

originally posted by: neo96
I'm questioning my sanity.

If it doesn't answer you.

Your alright,

technically we all have a voice inside our heads. It is called Thought (THOTH.) and it pretends to be you. But thats actually a spoiler which was already revealed through the apple in Genesis (Genesis= gene of Isis) (The knowledge of Good and Evil. ). And the rest is literally history.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join