It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm questioning my sanity.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This makes a nice break from the regular schedule here

I’m not going to question your sanity, only you know that

How old are these woods? Could this be a echo from the past or the future, a ripple in our reality that you observed?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I don't mean this in any way negative old friend.

But you know, and have admitted before that you have a schizophrenia diagnosis.

You post at least 2- 3 threads a week of strange things happening to you.

Honestly I would guess you're having another bout, and it may be time to go in and figure out a different plan of action before it gets too bad..

Do it for you and your family

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I'm supposedly too old to have schizophrenia (and yes... I checked sites for symptoms when the seizures began).

This definitely had me questioning things, thanks to a) the camera showing me exactly NOT what I was seeing, and b) previous episodes. (Seizures)

I however seem to have been functioning, and aware of my surroundings, unlike when I have the stupid seizures. I wonder now if the veil got thinned, as suggested above. See my above reply as to why.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

But you've admitted in the past you have the diagnosis.... That's where I'm confused....

You're one of my favorite members man.... We just worry bout our peeps

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Star for you

I didn’t know that.

OP friendly words above me, have a chat with your friends and family

your unique mate, your brain is wired a little different to us. No big deal, reach out to your friends if you need too

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
This makes a nice break from the regular schedule here

I’m not going to question your sanity, only you know that

How old are these woods? Could this be a echo from the past or the future, a ripple in our reality that you observed?

If it was, it'd be the past- clapboard is used on old, cheapie houses around here- stuff that I would guess was built in the 40s onwards.

As to how old they might be- there's an old building foundation on the property by the road. There's an ancient red (gas?) meter there as well.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

If there weren't times my wife, kid and cat also experience stuff as well, I'd be talking to the doctor. As it is, I've had 2 EEGs and an MRI. Cutting out gluten cut out seizure activity to what I'd call 0. Those involve me going blank for 30 or so seconds, and in one case, really did a number on me- but those have been a) I blank out. b) I get immediate deja vu.

Actually, cutting out gluten has drastically reduced my bloodsugar, as a side bonus. I've been poking myself 3-4 times a day to make sure I don't go down *too* far.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

OP friendly words above me, have a chat with your friends and family

I have. Wife's sure I'm sane- more than I think I am.
I even had an 'incident' hearing mumbling out back on the back porch while wearing my 24 hour EEG. What do I hear from the neurologist?

"You're normal" After 3 tests- I'm just as normal as can be- at least on a biological level. I am annoyed, to be honest.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I've seen much stranger .... and was with others too that just won't talk about it, because it just doesn't quite fit the BOX we live in ..... Strange days indeed

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

I wish I didn't. I'd like a nice, quiet, boring life. Or about as boring as it will be with a 5 year old running around.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I understand that..... But like I said... You've admitted to having the diagnosis.

You're having abnormal experiences way more frequently than you use to.... All one has to do is look at your thread posts over the last year...

That's indictive of an uptick.....

Anyway I'll leave it alone...... Just do what's best for you and your fam

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

So you aren't totally alone with this?
You have the wife and everythings
good there right?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Whenever encountering the metaphysical in combat I like to carry a baseball bat with a bunch of crystals duct taped to it

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I'm doing what I can, believe me. I will be talking to the doctor in Sept, so there will questions during that visit.

What throws me with the 3 neuro tests: I stumped the doctor. We have an app here where you can send messages to the docs, and get replies. I asked about the possibility of it being cardiovascular (this was before I nailed down gluten intolerance as a cause after a couple really bad, painful tests- 2 rounds of sandwiches, followed by utter and painful hell for 2-3 weeks). What do I get?

"Gee- I don't know at all." Going off topic here.. Ummm.. granted- the doctor is a neurologist, but shouldn't he be aware of the different causes of neurological problems?? Not only that, but I would guess if I did have an issue (which I did during the 24 hour EEG), IF, IF my heart hiccuped, my brain would show a corresponding blip. Going back to the issue I had- Nothing. They say I didn't so much as showed *anything* on it. I also figure if I was going schizo, the *effects* would show up on one or all of the tests I got. Especially the 24 hours of wide awake hell- this wasn't 24 hours wearing the EEG headgear. I was barely conscious going into the office, and was sound asleep when they started the machine up. I answered questions they asked me, like "who is president", and the current date, all the while ready to have a nap, like it or lump it. They shined strobe lights in my eyes, etc- I pretty much didn't care, and had a half hour nap.

3 tests. 3 expensive, irritating, annoying tests I went through... all for "your'e normal". GAH.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
But never admit it....hehehe

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
sOUNDS LIKE THE CASES OF BLEEDING TIME, THE FIGURE YOU SAW WAS PROBABLY A BLURRED IMAGE OF A PERSON INNOCENTLY WALKING JUST AS YOU WERE FROM SOME OTHER PLACE OR TIME. yOU NEED TO CHECK AND SEE IF YOU CAN FIND A HISTORIC DOCUMENT TO SEE IF ANY RECORD SHOWS A HOME IN THAT AREA IN THE PAST. DANG CAPS AGAIN!!! Sorry about that big fingers keep hitting caps lock!
Of course, you could be seeing ...the future!!

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Seems like you have one of those lives to
same as I have. You have to fight for toilet
paper off the roll for instance. Just a barage
of little annoyances in persistance that at
times is quite humorous from the right
perspective. My whole life is filled with
restarts. And if it weren't for a sense of
humor? Life would be pretty sad.
Sound familiar?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

So you aren't totally alone with this?
You have the wife and everythings
good there right?

I have wife, kid, and 2 cats. In turn, everyone's heard weird crap in the house (or, both places we've lived at here in NC). We've checked a/c, gas/ and in a couple cases, were left completely thrown for a loop, because how does one try to figure out sounds coming from thin air? Or, as what happened sporadically the past couple weeks (which I haven't mentioned because I am trying hard to find a rational explanation) the toilet seat in the bathroom drops down. Which is odd enough... but when the lid is down to begin with, *shakes head*. The last time it happened, my grumpy cat was in the hallway staring at the bathroom like a mouse had dropped dead in there. Having had a stupid (if you're a rodent, you have to have a few marbles missing to walk into a house with cats living there) mouse wander in a month or so ago, it found the trap, cat found the corpse, and stood there with *that* look. I searched the bathroom. top, bottom, sideways. Nothing.

Wife a couple months ago distinctly heard the "Benny Hill" theme playing in front of her chair, and it slowly moved across to where I was sitting. I didn't hear anything, but I'm watching as she (who has a little hearing loss, yet) followed... something, and looking *real* concerned. I leaned over and asked what was going on...

"I just heard the Benny hill theme"
Me: "Whaaa??"

Now- I have that on my phone as a ringtone- because of spam calls. Phone was off, since I didn't need it on for anything at that point of the day. Not only that, if it was on, it was right next to me, as always. I'd have heard it first, and sworn like a sailor.
I then proceeded to check every last electronics item in the workroom, to see if somehow they were on. Nope. I forgot the fact the noise was wandering from her chair to where I was sitting, so checking stuff at the opposite end of the place was kinda dumb.

Like I said- if it was just *me*, yeah... I'm losing the plot for whatever reason- medical or otherwise. When others start experiencing stuff like I do... D: That's when I get creeped out.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Seems like you have one of those lives to
same as I have. You have to fight for toilet
paper off the roll for instance. Just a barage
of little annoyances in persistance that at
times is quite humorous from the right
perspective. My whole life is filled with
restarts. And if it weren't for a sense of
humor? Life would be pretty sad.
Sound familiar?

Very. There are days I swear to god the laws of physics go to hell. Days when I will for example, grab an item, and pull it towards me. A) there's resistance, or b) the damn thing takes off in the complete opposite direction of inertia.

Or, like whatever the hell happened in June- I sit down with a broken chain, 2 tweezers, and a Jeweler's loupe. Easy job. I connect 2 links. Except, 2 links 'fuse' together, leaving the 3rd broken link dangling between the 2 now seemingly magically attached links! No pressure on the links, no forcing anything. Somehow, in miniature, I did the linking rings magic trick. I had no idea what happened, or when, or how. I went to slowly crimp the link shut, and next thing I knew..

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I strongly suspect this world is a "dreamworld"... just with a persistent framework (as in a reoccurring dream, or nightmare). I also have come to believe that it is malleable to conscious direction, with variables pertaining to strength and coherence of thought and other sentient systems working in the common dreamscape.

So my diagnosis is "unconscious magician" .. . like most of us to varying degrees.

I would write a book and join the lecture circuit... but nah.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join