It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American flag burned outside U.S. Rep. Maxine Waters' L.A. office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Craziness everywhere we look, at least we haven't been seeing riots as much recently.

LOS ANGELES -- A small crowd that gathered Thursday outside the Los Angeles office of U.S. Rep. Maxine Waters, D-California, to counter an expected protest by a self-styled militia group burned an American flag taken from the back of a pickup truck. The incident happened after the far-right Oath Keepers group didn't appear at the office after saying it would rally against the congresswoman. A group of counter-protesters there to support Waters were chanting "black power" and other slogans when the pickup approached. The vehicle, occupied by two men who appeared to be white, was stopped by the crowd. Some marchers opened the doors and one grabbed the flag flying on a pole in the bed of the truck, which sped off. The flag was stepped on and lit on fire as someone stoked the flames. A few people cheered and someone yelled, "This is not the American flag, this is their flag." The group was also allegedly chanting, "F*** the government, America was never great," CBS Los Angeles reports.

Not quite the way I would go about voicing your disagreements with the government, but who am I to say how to do it.

Attempts to reach a representative for Waters were unsuccessful. Ahead of the protest, Waters had warned counter-protesters to stay away. She said in a statement that the "Oath Keepers would like nothing more than to inflame racial tensions and create an explosive conflict in our community."

Interesting take on things, they ( the oath keepers) didn't even show up. Maybe this was just a troll effort.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

the oath keepers didn't even show up like they said they would

Maybe this was just a troll effort.

LOL ... aren't the oath keepers suppose too keep their word... Troll fail.

edit on 20-7-2018 by Infoshill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
DP
edit on 20-7-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Well, I mean, it mirrors Maxine Waters' actions and sentiment toward the U.S., so I suppose that it's apropos that they would do it in that setting.

Chanting "Black Power," stopping traffic, and burning a stolen U.S. flag after attempting to gain entry into someone's vehicle.

THIS is why America is laughing at both extremist versions of the two main political parties, but mostly at the left at this point. What a bunch of whiny punks.

And the irony is not lost--Waters claiming that the Oath Keepers want to fan the flames of racism, yet don't show up, whereas the counter-protestors who did are shouting racist things. I would laugh, but this is not comedy, it's our unfortunate reality.

I pity her district.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Topic is already posted here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Infoshill

Haha, that made me legit giggle.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Infoshill

They met with the LAPD and were informed by the LAPD that 50 protestors armed with pipes and baseball bats were already there, and 3 bus loads of protestors were sitting and waiting for them to show up. They were also told that due to the danger, if the protest went forward, that the LAPD would not be able to do anything.

So another example of LEO's being told to stand down, and another example of the party who promotes peaceful protests YET shows up with intentions of violence for anyone who protests whom they disagree with.

You were saying?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Topic is already posted here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed

top topics

join