It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia paradox

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I haven't made a thread in a long time, but dang, this is striking a nerve. I don't care who is in office. Whether it be Hillary, Trump, Ron, or Will Ferrell. I've always wanted normalized relations with Russia since I was single digits years old(can't remember exactly year, heh). Howcome when war breaks out we let them ally with us but when it's relatively peaceful they are called monsters basically.

This paradox confuses me. We should all strive to be friends no matter our differences. Doesn't mean we need to hang out, just avoid the hate and say "hi bro" instead.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gyo01

next time you catch your neighbour going through your mail,

just say Hi Bro.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   

My theory is the 40 or so year old demographic remembers all the cold war propaganda from the early 80s about evil Russia and how we were going to be destroyed. Duck and cover drills in kindergarten and #.

They hammered that # into us in our formative years.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: sunkuong

I say hi to everyone and anyone when I wish to. I just hope they aren't snappy for no reason. Like I said, we don't got to hang out, just say hi back and go about your business. Nice to meet you. Have fun.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

My theory is the 40 or so year old demographic remembers all the cold war propaganda from the early 80s about evil Russia and how we were going to be destroyed. Duck and cover drills in kindergarten and #.

Yes, that is true. I think those were the worst times in U.S.-Russian ties and it has been better since but much much more geopolitical struggles.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I think with the invention of cold fusion the world will come together. I think that will be the turning point of civilization towards what we really are. I think as a whole, we are decent caring people. What we currently are is stressed out that fossil fuels are going to run out.

I know we'll survive the fallout of the energy crisis, but not a lot of us.
edit on 20/7/2018 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

The whole world had been slowly starting to work with Russia but then they had to go and forcibly take a country. It doesn't help that their president is an extortionists. Who would rather fool his own coffers with billions of dollars than properly run his country.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver

The whole world had been slowly starting to work with Russia but then they had to go and forcibly take a country. It doesn't help that their president is an extortionists. Who would rather fool his own coffers with billions of dollars than properly run his country.

Ukraine had a coup. First time was thwarted by Ukrainians themselves in early 90s cause my country intervened in their presidential election. Crimea was a semi-autonamous part of Ukraine and voted to be annexed to Russia after the coup. This is all historical fact and not opinion.
edit on 20/7/2018 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: sunkuong

Only fair if I've been caught going through his as well.

If fact, truth is, everyone in the neighborhood goes through each other's mail.

We've just decided we don't like neighbor Russia so are deciding to call him out while ignoring the mail snooping of our neighbors and pretending innocent about our own.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I don't know which avatar is more awesome, yours or mine?

Lol

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Howcome when war breaks out we let them ally with us but when it's relatively peaceful they are called monsters basically.

I take it you are referring to WW2?

Well, we had a common enemy in Nazi Germany...but the Russians weren't exactly the white knights themselves. They invaded and occupied several countries...Finland, Poland, Romania, couple others. It's just that Nazi Germany was worse, and when it invaded Russia, the allies had to gallantly come to the rescue.

Except not quite.

Truth is, it put the allies in a bit of a quandary. Nazi Germany, bad guys, no doubt. But wait a minute...Russia, bad guys too, the biggest country on Earth, and a potential threat to us all. Why don't we sit back for a while, let them knock holes out of each other and see what happens? And that's exactly what Stalin accused the allies of doing.

Or Great Britain, to be precise. Russia never forgot that and never forgave Britain for not doing more (not that they gave a rat's arse when Britain was being stuffed by the Luftwaffe. In fact at the time, they had a Non Aggression Treaty with Germany, "don't attack us and we wont attack you" sort of thing).

Remind me again when Russia was allies with the West? Memory's not that great these days.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Howcome when war breaks out we let them ally with us but when it's relatively peaceful they are called monsters basically.

Well basically I agree but , not a paradox but an illusion created by mainstream media propaganda and sponsored by Deepstate. by now I hope most Americans see that fake news pushed by CNN & friends is destroying the stability of the west.In the late 80's cold war propaganda against the Sovjets I think was justified (personal opinion) but now ...

Well Russia changed a lot , Trump knows and Putin knows time to work together. Next stage is it I think to attack Deep state it will be messy and bloody but I hope it will result in a more stable world without fake monsters.

edit on 7202018 by frenchfries because: by=but

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong

next time you catch your neighbour going through your mail,

just say Hi Bro.

Or better yet, just tell them to "knock it off". That'll teach'em.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I wouldn't call it a paradox.

Cognitive dissonance.

After a decade of being screamed at to like foreigners.

Now were told we're suppose to HATE foreigners.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

What people today don't realize is that it really worked. Just like hating Japan and China. Also later in my life I was sent to war to fight people that were 5 feet tall and they somehow were going to invade America on life rafts made of bamboo shoots. Crazy how the politicians keep the people in constant fear of the boogie man, but can't stop gang violence in their represented area. All BS.
edit on 0700000010332018-07-20T07:33:10-05:00331007am7 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

no worries . we have enough to last a long time . They are discovering more all the time . Now how much we pay for it , that is another issue .

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

tooooo funny

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Common enemy. I guess that is what I mean for reason for being "allies." They definitely would not destroy a base of each other because we all had to destroy the Nazi regime.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

When it was Obama Russia was nice, but now it's Trump they need to sabotage him.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
let's say I have four neighbors...
three of those neighbors well, we get along well enough. one neighbor was kind enough to loan me his lawnmower when mine broke down, and when I was sick and in the hospital, the three neighbors all pitched in and took turns bringing meals for my family to eat. but that one neighbor, well I caught him in my garage the other day when I came home from work rummaging through my tool box. his dog, which doesn't seem to be that friendly is often let loose to terrorize the neighborhood, and well, we are all getting sick of his loud music blasting halfway through the night. some of us have gone over to him to complain, but he just let loose with a bunch of cuss words and told us to f off.

so, should I now crap on those three neighbors that have been so kind to us and make nice with the fourth?

nato came to our defense after 9/11, without us even asking them to, they stood by us in afghanistan, even that little country called Montenegro. who by the way, russia was involved in an attempted coup in 2016... ya see, like croatia, Montenegro has a seaport that russia sees as vital for them..
en.wikipedia.org...

but... I am sure that trump talking crap about the little country, wondering why we should have to defend them right after his meeting with russia is just a coincidence, right??

oh, but everyone meddles in elections!!! so what if russia did, right conservatives??? ya, they hack into computer systems, steal information all the time...huh? well, maybe they do, maybe they don't... but one thing I am pretty sure of is that the countries being meddled with do all that they can to prevent it from happening!!!
my country seems more concerned with those imaginary get out of death cards that they seem to think are handed out on election day so the dead can come back to life long enough to vote in the election!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join