It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Million Dollars into Billions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: Bluntone22
A million is chump change in the business world.
Good luck with that billion.

I could make a billion if I had that chump change. I promise you.

So if I were to give you $1m, would you pay me back, say, $500m in 10 years - keeping the other $500m for yourself?
A 500x return in 10years would be great.
If you have some collateral... house, car(s) etc and are willing to work off the initial stake if you fail, then I am sure there will be little trouble securing the $1m.

It's easy- so guarantee the initial funding at least.

You'll have people knocking down your door to invest.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
My dad gave me 10k. All he had in life was 30k and he split it between his three kids.

I did NOT turn that 10k into 100k.

So if Trump senior gave his son 1M and his son turned it into 1B .... that's better than I was able to do. Did you do better?
edit on 19-7-2018 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Dude, it was just a "SMALL LOAN"!!

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

So wrong. Luck nothing. He took chances to increase his wealth-some worked others didn't. He has filed several bankruptcies and was declared dead financially by his detractors yet he rose from the ashes-became famous and then President.

Granted, I don't like or trust this guy and his morals seem awful-but he has a beautiful wife, a good relationship with his adult children who all had excellent educations.

Trump was given alot by his father; more than money-private schools and excellent education plus connections-that last, connections he knew how to build on. He's a complicated fellow whom most of us will never understand. He's now kind of a mob boss but, hey, yeah, he's got money and power. It wasn't just that first million.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

originally posted by: GradedIron

Wondering how much money you got and why you haven’t easily flipped it yet?

I have a pretty good life. Nice house, my own business, but I don't have any cash. I'm getting by just fine, some 401K savings, some stock etc. But I don't have that million dollars to make that extra money. That's why I'm telling you guys getting to that first million is the hard part.

Just another teaser and not a pleaser!

You're just like all the rest.

I never said I had a million. I'm telling you that if I had a million I'd turn it into millions more. I'm asking how do I get that first million?

Since you'd have no problem turning a million into a billion then you should have no problem turning one thousand into one million.

link   

Yeah you find out heffe spread the cream on
my bagel will ya?

link   
a reply to: Justso
Yes all true, and in the early 90's trump went to Russia, because no U.S. banks would do business with him anymore.#notfakenews

Did you get a chance to see his 2010 David Letterman interview, where he said on National television, how well he and Putin got along?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: randyvs

originally posted by: GradedIron

Wondering how much money you got and why you haven’t easily flipped it yet?

I have a pretty good life. Nice house, my own business, but I don't have any cash. I'm getting by just fine, some 401K savings, some stock etc. But I don't have that million dollars to make that extra money. That's why I'm telling you guys getting to that first million is the hard part.

Just another teaser and not a pleaser!

You're just like all the rest.

I never said I had a million. I'm telling you that if I had a million I'd turn it into millions more. I'm asking how do I get that first million?

Since you'd have no problem turning a million into a billion then you should have no problem turning one thousand into one million.

I think I could pull off $1 into a $1000, but it would involve a lot of luck and a cheap scratch-and-win.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

If it is easy to turn one million to billions, surely you can take $100 and turn it into $10,000.

I don't see the formula to do it. I see the formulas to do it with a million. I'm missing something.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Bluntone22
A million is chump change in the business world.
Good luck with that billion.

I could make a billion if I had that chump change. I promise you.

So if I were to give you $1m, would you pay me back, say, $500m in 10 years - keeping the other $500m for yourself?
A 500x return in 10years would be great.
If you have some collateral... house, car(s) etc and are willing to work off the initial stake if you fail, then I am sure there will be little trouble securing the $1m.

It's easy- so guarantee the initial funding at least.

You'll have people knocking down your door to invest.

Again I don't have the collateral or the business credentials. I have a mortgage. I don't have any collateral.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
My dad gave me 10k. All he had in life was 30k and he split it between his three kids.

I did NOT turn that 10k into 100k.

So if Trump senior gave his son 1M and his son turned it into 1B .... that's better than I was able to do. Did you do better?

My assertion is that it's easier to turn a million into a billion than 10k into 100k.

That million dollar cash mark is what differentiates us from the elites. Everything is hard until you get to a million, everything is easy after that.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'm telling you guys a million is the magic number.

Look at most franchises, they want you to have a million dollars in assets before you can buy a $75,000 Subway franchise.

Houses cost hundreds of thousands but the profits can be hundreds of thousands.

I can't find a formula where a normal guy can turn 1 dollar into 10 or 10 into a 1000 and a 1000 into 10000 and 100,000 into that million but I can see lot's of ways to make money off of 1 million.

Trump had it easy, money wise.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I don't see the formula to do it. I see the formulas to do it with a million. I'm missing something.

What is the formula to do it with a million?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I'm missing something.

The fact that 99% of business's FAIL.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Ummm...Johnny Depp...and Nicholas Cage...would beg on hands and knees...to differ with you...

YouSir
edit on 19-7-2018 by YouSir because: where I'm from...it matters who your with...

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Capital stack and lines of credit. And a business model that either throws off cash to ownership or builds greater capital for the next project

I know a dude who got rich getting people to invest in a project he didnt have skin in just so he could charg them to GC the construction and manage the operation afterwards.

Slick talk to build a capital stack is all it really takes

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

What is the formula to do it with a million?

There's a bunch of them.

1 is flipping houses, because then I can make 50-100k per each house..remembering that I paid cash so I have no mortgages. I can rent some, creating residual passive income. Another is franchises and new business. You can start a business for between 50 and 75k but most franchises want you to have at least a million in assets. Third would be that you can buy a small apartment building and refurbish it for a million. Again no loan payments. That's just three off of th etop of my head.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Capital stack and lines of credit. And a business model that either throws off cash to ownership or builds greater capital for the next project

I know a dude who got rich getting people to invest in a project he didnt have skin in just so he could charg them to GC the construction and manage the operation afterwards.

Slick talk to build a capital stack is all it really takes

I wouldn't even know where to start. Create a business plan, buy a suit, rent a small post office box and buy some stationary and go for it?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Let's not confuse the 1 million of that time with 1 million of today. 1 million when Trump got it from pops is the equivalent of a bit over 7 million today. And then he routinely blew it and repeatedly had to borrow more from daddy.

The dude sucked as a businessman, and we've seen it reflected in every other avenue he's gone down. Plus he's an ass about it, and that isn't helping either.

Praise where praise is due. It isn't due here.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join