It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Million Dollars into Billions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I've had several discussion on this topic.

Here's the main points.

Trumps Dad gave him a million dollar loan and sent him on his way, and Trump is thus a genius because he turned it into billions.

My assertion is this. Anyone could do what Trump did. If I gave you a million dollars and then mentored you on what to do with it and then gave you access to all of my connections and network of people, you too would be a billionaire.

I know this is hard to prove out. But if you look at society getting to that 1 million in cash, not net worth is the hard part.

Zero to 1 million. If it was easy, everyone would do it. There's a reason that the old saying is "It takes money to make money" meaning that if you have that kind of money to invest in businesses and real estate deals it is easy to make money.

Tell me ATS what you think?

Or Tell me if the first part is the easy part. How do I make 1 million dollars in cash? Can I do it with a certain job working 80 hours a week. Can I invest $100 into some program or business or tool that I can turn that into a million dollars?

The answer is no. Because what separates us from the rich and elite of the world is that first million dollars. After that it's all gravy.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Sounds like your pissed off your ole man didn't have million dollars to give you a start in life.

Mine didn't either, I still am poor, but by God my ole man taught me about morality and right from wrong and to me that is far more valuable than if he gave me a million dollars.

Either way Trump took that Million and turned it into Billions. How many people are smart enough to do that with hard work? Before you answer, check out how many millionares who hit the lottery are now broke!

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It wasn’t just the money he was continuing in the family business using contacts that his father had nurtured in a city that was ripe for the plucking at that time
edit on 19-7-2018 by Whereismypassword because: Ipad

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

So everyone with $1 million turns into a billionaire, right?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

My assertion is this. Anyone could do what Trump did. If I gave you a million dollars and then mentored you on what to do with it and then gave you access to all of my connections and network of people, you too would be a billionaire.

No anyone couldn't.

Biggest example of this is lottery winners.

The majority declare bankruptcy shortly after winning,.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

And just an FYI if I wanted I could have several million in my bank account right now if money was important to me. So yes, it's very doable.

I would definitely not be a billionaire.
edit on 19-7-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
He is the perfect person for leading this country economically.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
About the Lottery thing also with NBA/NFL players/Rappers They're all about living the high life, buying cars houses, coc aine, women etc.

If you're in this thread, you probably have a different mind set. If you gave me a million dollars, I'm not buying a mercedes and a lamborghini, i'm buying houses to flip and starting a few businesses.

If you wanted to turn that million into a billion, it's easy, you just have to want it. Any of us could do it. Trump's not special.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
About the Lottery thing also with NBA/NFL players/Rappers They're all about living the high life, buying cars houses, coc aine, women etc.

If you're in this thread, you probably have a different mind set. If you gave me a million dollars, I'm not buying a mercedes and a lamborghini, i'm buying houses to flip and starting a few businesses.

If you wanted to turn that million into a billion, it's easy, you just have to want it. Any of us could do it. Trump's not special.

No anyone couldn't!

Seems to me though you have more in common with Trump than you want to admit though!

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

And just an FYI if I wanted I could have several million in my bank account right now if money was important to me. So yes, it's very doable.

I would definitely not be a billionaire.

I have to disagree with you. Unless you are insanely intelligent, can code video games from scratch or are a super talented musician or artist.

Without giving away who you are, tell me how, please. Could I do it too? Could I make a million in cash fairly quickly?

Because that's one of my points. getting to one million in cash is hard, too hard. Turning 1 million into a billion is easy. Too easy.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

No anyone couldn't!

Seems to me though you have more in common with Trump than you want to admit though!

Maybe. LOL

But just think about it. If I gave you a million dollars and you had the mind to. Could you think of a few ways to double that money at least? It takes money to make money. You could start a business...whatever you wanted to do. A charter fishing business . It's when you don't have the cash to start, thats where life is hard.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Not even lottery winners there are countless numbers of movie stars and athletes who made millions upon millions who went broke.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
And pedo singers named Jackson.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

i'm buying houses to flip and starting a few businesses.

Flipping houses and starting a few businesses?

O-Kaay.

I'm not saying you couldn't become a multi-billionaire with your "mission statement" and "business model", but.....

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

IF you give me a million $s?

Lets find out?

I garantee by noon the next day I'll be
down to like $1400 and some change.
Because I like Ferraris and yachts and
I know how to PARRRRRTAAAAY!

By the way Trump is worth 1.1 billion U.S.
last time I checked. Which was yesterday.
edit on Rpm71918v12201800000017 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

link   
If it was easy people wouldn't be whining about the 99%.

Second verse.

link   

There is a certain amount of risk in any venture, even if one were smart it would take an amount of luck also to turn that million to billions imo.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Unless there's a housing bubble, and get left holding the bag and all your property get repo'd.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

...and Trump is thus a genius because he turned it into billions.

I'm curious how many people think this?

The truth is KEEPING the money is much harder than making it.

Just sayin''
edit on 19-7-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Wondering how much money you got and why you haven’t easily flipped it yet?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join