It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Passes Controversial Jewish Nation-state Bill

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Sound like a Jehova Witness not answering a direct question and jumping to a new subject

Are the Jews still under the Old Covenant, maybe they are?
I know what Paul wrote to those who choose Jesus, His lordship

Jews don't choose Jesus so they are not under grace

Jews are not Christian so until Christ is revealed they are not under the new covenant
They are not saved, not Christs, have no relationship.
Under the law

So are the Jews under the old covenant still or is the old covenant ended
If Jews are to have a revival it will need to be subject to Jesus

When Jesus said it was finished, that's just what He meant
Jesus completed everything
Salvation by grace not works, the end of religion forever

Judaism became a dead religion, irrelevant as are its laws. Read Romans

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   
One country specifically states, in law, that it is exclusively Jewish, for Jewish people, and no other people, or race, is allowed to become a citizen of that country.

But Trump is called a racist, against immigration, for wanting to build a wall along the border to prevent MORE illegal immigration?!

Apparently, a white supremacist is anyone with a Confederate flag, while it's only called 'controversial' when Israel bans anyone who is not 'exclusively of white, Jewish race'!

Racists, as we all know from the mass Zionist media, are all white. Except for the 'chosen' white race, of course! They are merely 'protecting their heritage and culture'!

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Sound like a Jehova Witness not answering a direct question and jumping to a new subject

Are the Jews still under the Old Covenant, maybe they are?
I know what Paul wrote to those who choose Jesus, His lordship

Jews don't choose Jesus so they are not under grace

Jews are not Christian so until Christ is revealed they are not under the new covenant
They are not saved, not Christs, have no relationship.
Under the law

So are the Jews under the old covenant still or is the old covenant ended
If Jews are to have a revival it will need to be subject to Jesus

When Jesus said it was finished, that's just what He meant
Jesus completed everything
Salvation by grace not works, the end of religion forever

Judaism became a dead religion, irrelevant as are its laws. Read Romans

I'm not a JW.

I was brought up a Baptist but now I lean towards the Pentecostal. In our town, all the Christian churches now have combined services, even the Catholics (but they won't partake in communion or eucharist with us).

Mormons and JW's are not Christians and neither are Jews.

If we maintain an 'us and them' mentality, how will we ever reach them? This does not mean compromising our faith but rather that we be accepting and inclusive rather than legalistic and exclusive. We are free from the consequence of our sin through Jesus, who was racially Jewish. They also can become free of their sin, through Jesus, their Messiah, just as we are. Many of them don't even know the truth about Jesus.

The Jewish people simply are recorded several times in the Bible as being God's chosen. We can't really deny it, but as Christians, we really need to acknowledge the vine into which we are grafted and we have a duty to follow the Great Commission.

edit on 21/7/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

I wonder how many here ,supporting religious views,
are truly awake ?

Not many by the drivel posted above by some!

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I said you sound like a JW not that you are a JW
I asked a direct question and I didn't get an answer, you changed the subject and went off on a different tangent, something JWs do all the time

I respect your Christianity Chro, not arguing that.
I just wanted a direct answer re if the Jews are still under the mosaic covenant or not

Did Jesus end the Mosaic law as Paul taught or is the Mosaic law still relevant.
If it is, what point was Christ, the Spirit?

In the OT Israel are the chosen, no argument, I was asking about now?

I am not grafted onto Judaism, I am grafted into Jesus

Are the Jews Gods only chosen people or are the Gentiles as well, considering Christ has called us in to His kingdom

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Illumin

I think it's dangerous to proclaim a country as "the will of God" so to speak. Religion and country shouldn't mix. Once someone or a country says they are doing "the will of God", how do you argue that?

Well, let's see, the 10 commandments they would need to follow as a country.

A few examples
Sixth Commandment (Exodus 20:13)
You shall not murder.

Ninth Commandment (Exodus 20:13)
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

Tenth Commandment (Exodus 20:14)
You shall not covet your neighbor’s house, nor his wife, his man-servant, his maid-servant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.

www.myjewishlearning.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Have they been following them already? Rhetorical.

So what makes you think they will?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Have they been following them already? Rhetorical.

So what makes you think they will?

I don't.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

I said you sound like a JW not that you are a JW
I asked a direct question and I didn't get an answer, you changed the subject and went off on a different tangent, something JWs do all the time

I respect your Christianity Chro, not arguing that.
I just wanted a direct answer re if the Jews are still under the mosaic covenant or not

Did Jesus end the Mosaic law as Paul taught or is the Mosaic law still relevant.
If it is, what point was Christ, the Spirit?

In the OT Israel are the chosen, no argument, I was asking about now?

I am not grafted onto Judaism, I am grafted into Jesus

Are the Jews Gods only chosen people or are the Gentiles as well, considering Christ has called us in to His kingdom

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them." - Matthew 5:17.

So, I don't think that the Jews are no longer under the Law, it still exists for them, as it still does for us. The difference is that we have a Savior from the consequence of the Law. Jesus, for us, has fulfilled the requirements of the Law and we have the opportunity to make something of our repentance. The Judaisistic, though they may be truly repentant and try to obey the law, still carry the condemnation of the Law.

So, yes, they must still be under the Mosaic covenant (the 613 Mitzvot, or commandments), which they cannot hope to fulfill. That is why it is important that they understand what Jesus has done.

As for being God's chosen, I would think that back in the Old Testament times they still had the condemnation of a Law they could not keep, yet God called them His chosen. I don't think the situation has changed.

I see Christianity as Jesus doing 'a new thing', one where the Gentiles and the Jews may be equally blessed. Also, from prophecy that is yet unfulfilled, we can see that God has not abandoned the Jewish people and that He has more planned for them.

So I still think they are God's chosen people, despite their apostasy and rejection (which has always been).

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumin

That’s known as apartheid

a policy or system of segregation or discrimination on grounds of race. • segregation on grounds other than race.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

That's seems pretty reasonable, thanks for the reply

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

The nation-state law also includes clauses stating that a "united Jerusalem" is the capital of Israel and that Hebrew is the country's official language.

It doesn't mean that east Jerusalem can't be included in a future peace treaty.
Hebrew is the official language as the vast majority of the population is Hebrew speaking. Still Arabic is recognized and has a special status.

They want to grab all the land is left. In few years Palestinians would live in reserves... or under Jewish laws.

Hmmm live under Israeli laws... that would mean no more killing gays and beating women. Not the worst thing that can happen to them.
The Israeli Arab population have it a lot better than any nation in the area, so for the Palestinians to become part of Israel is the best thing that can happen to them. Though it will never actually happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join