It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So if Trump does not get reelected who will you blame?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Lol now that would be fun Ivanka as a democrat running against Republican Donald

Surely that would be the cleanest election ever run

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

He hasnt duped anyone. Your reasoning is the same tired excuse from the left, thinking no one can possibly be as smart as they are. In Trump supporters minds he hasnt done anything Obama or Hillary didnt do. He's actually done less of it, despite cries from the left. Seriously, pick a criticism and any informed individual can give you multiple instances of it being done worse by dems. Otherwise, he has actually delivered on campaign promises. Go ahead, look up Obama's miserable firdt term record. Does he say things that strike a negative emotional reaction from the left? Sure! But honestly, no one cares about your feelings except maybe your mom.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

Lol now that would be fun Ivanka as a democrat running against Republican Donald

Surely that would be the cleanest election ever run

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So you are not willing to accept the results of the popular vote...

according to your image, you are a...danger to democracy?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

You have an Electoral College because "freedom of the Republic" and "Democracy" mean your vote really doesn't count and other people get to decide for you

Hail representative Democracy

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Democracy in the US is little more than a buzz word and phantom concept anyway. We are and always have been a representational republic. Hillary's words may as well have come from the pancake she calls an "ass" for all the actual bearing they have on the American system.

link   
Ill blame whoever his duly elected opponent is...

link   
I believe that unless Oprah or Michelle Obama run or some other person with as big a name and as big a fan base that Trump will win again.

It's really the Dems election to lose. Trump will beat himself by saying or doing something stupid.

Let's say Kamala Harris runs. She's not big name, she's establishment just like Hillary and there will still be division in the liberal ranks. Trump will win unless he shoots himself in the foot.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

So you are not willing to accept the results of the popular vote.

Why should I?

Back to Clinton got more votes than Trump.

link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: seeker1963

You have an Electoral College because "freedom of the Republic" and "Democracy" mean your vote really doesn't count and other people get to decide for you

Hail representative Democracy

You realize in a true democracy the majority rules all, ya? That would mean issues like slavery, most civil rights, welfare, etc would have been nonstarters in this country at the time of their changing if we were a true pure democracy.

link   

Sure, could say the same for any President, past, present and future

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Someone explain it to me really.

They had to erect a FENCE to keep Sanders supporters out,

And yet you'd have us believe Clinton got 'more' votes than Trump?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I mean, as an anarchist, "Democracy" is a statist notion, I don't value it at all... even the social-anarchists and the Reds who call for "Direct Democracy" and "Consensus not Democracy" are just holding hands with the Statist thought...

I just find it amusing the Left/Leftists and Right/Rightists who whine about "Muh Democracy" and "Restoring America's Democracy" and "this is what Democracy looks like"

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
in many ways we really are a democracy. Especially at the local levels of government.

We run for office against someone else. The people vote. The person with the most vote wins and then represents his people either only locally or at a higher level somewhere.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

How about people not willing to understand that the national popular vote means absolutely nothing?

Civics 101, maybe even 61, should have taught you that...

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I would blame Trump.

While I think that he's doing a decent job, and far exceeding my expectations in actually getting things accomplished, he still is a very brash, polarizing individual with an immature temperament that rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

But there are also a lot of people, me included, who find his style refreshing in a world of established politicians.

Still, though, I would blame him and nothing more.

Like you, I see a second term for him, if he wants it. I'm willing to bet that, as time goes one, he'll get more and more done that will benefit the nation as a whole, and the more that happens, the more people will really start dismissing and even getting angry at the constant BS lobbed at him in an attempt to get Americans to hate him on false premises. I know that I'm already there.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Democracy in the US is little more than a buzz word and phantom concept anyway. We are and always have been a representational republic. Hillary's words may as well have come from the pancake she calls an "ass" for all the actual bearing they have on the American system.

I will never eat pancakes again.

Bastard.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

of course, clearly... but can I assume someone who is pro-democracy (you) would admit that representative democracy is not really "freedom" of choice?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

I mean, as an anarchist, "Democracy" is a statist notion, I don't value it at all...

OK, so maybe you'll answer this question finally, seeing as how I've asked it of you on several threads... what do you value? I see you constantly giving, well, everything a big thumbs down. What I have yet to see is any ideas from you on what you don't find unappealing.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

It's not?

You may want to rethink that statement a bit...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join