It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle in 2020?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Let's check that resume -
Political experience? - No.
Graduated college - yes, but records not available.
Lawyer - disbarred. Gave up willingly to avoid real estate fraud charges.
Married Barack Obama
Destroyed school lunches.
Made bad fashion fashionable.
Has larger biceps than most men.

President?
There's really nothing to vote for or against

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Political experience? - No.
Graduated college - yes, but records not available.
Lawyer - disbarred. Gave up willingly to avoid real estate fraud charges.
Married Barack Obama
Destroyed school lunches.
Made bad fashion fashionable.
Has larger biceps than most men.

President?
There's really nothing to vote for or against

Okay let's do this.

Political experience? Not needed. The best politicians are the ones with the least experience.

Graduated college - Great. But a college education is over rated. I never graduated college.

Lawyer - Michelle Obama did not “voluntarily surrender” her law license; she requested that her license be placed on “inactive” status. The difference is crucial: a lawyer who has surrendered his law license has given it up and therefore no longer has a license; a lawyer who has gone on inactive status still holds a valid law license but is not currently engaged in any professional activities that require it to be active..

Married Barack Obama - not a bad thing, considering amongst all of our presidents Obama was average. Right about in the middle.
Destroyed school lunches. Not true.
Made bad fashion fashionable. Not true.
Has larger biceps than most men. Not true.

Try again bro.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: amazing

I don't think Michelle is perceived any better than Hillary. She comes across as a bitch to me.
That and very little practical experience is not a good combination in my opinion.

First, please define what you mean by the term “bitch” in this context.

Then, explain how a male, expressing those same qualities and behaviors would not, indeed, has not proven to be at least an adequate occupant of the White House.

Many presidents, from both parties, have been known for their tempers and pugnacity: LBJ and Nixon are just the first two that come to mind.

Furthermore, as a former attorney, I would suggest that Ms. Obama is more qualified for the office than any businessman, even a supposedly very successful one.

The office of the president is intimately concerned with the governance of the country, which is achieved through the implementation of policy through the rule of law. And the law is the domain of the attorney.

Contrary to popular thought, the government is not a business; businesses are organized to make profits, governments are not.

The skills that make for a successful businessman are often, at best, ill-suited, and, at worst, disastrous, when applied to government.

Far too often what would be defined as profit in the private sector, has lead to graft and corruption in the public sector.
edit on 19-7-2018 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Define bitch in this context?
Ok.

I walked up to a lady in the bar, talked to her for 2 minutes, said to myself, what a bitch, then I left.

Despite what may have been told, men and women are not the same.
They are also not perceived the same.

Politics is a good ole boy club.

edit on 19-7-2018 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

You wrote,

I never said anything about her policies.

True, you didn't. I didn't say you did. What I take issue with is your presumption that my 'way' of argumentation failed to address 'policy'. What policy? I wasn't addressing policy, nor was I arguing for or against. I wasn't contructing an argument of any kind.

You wrote,

she has name recognition and a big fan base and thus a really good chance of winning the Democratic primary and also she has a chance of beating Trump.

True, I partly agree with you. Michelle is a celebrity now with a huge following. Her chance of winning is good - except for one thing: if she went up against Trump, he would utterly destroy her like he destroyed Clinton. However, people ought to be elected based on their merits and policies, not on their celebrity status.

You wrote,

Michelle never came off as shady as Hillary did.

Yes, true.

You wrote,

you keep insulting her looks and calling her a man.

I apologize. It was juvenile.

You wrote,

As far as policy goes, it would be similar in base content and agenda as her husbands.

In your opinion, would that be a good thing for your country and for the world? You don't like Trump's policies?

You wrote,

It wasn't HIllary's policys that lost her the election it was her character.

What was so great about her policies? What didn't you like about Hillary during the campaign? I thought she did a great job standing up to Trump.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

As a women, I have to say that I am oblivious to why folks say Michelle is a man. Does she have Amazonian physique and qualities, most certainly. In simple viewing, she is an attractive woman.

Yet, in character...meh...she has turned me off. She can be quite a bitch and definitely has shown her racist side. True, I could not stand Hillary either. A woman running for President does indeed have more difficulty since other women will be more descerning emotionally and collectively. Many will not vote just to have the first woman president...she will have to be the best for all. Definitely, a more difficult feat to accomplish.

True, Michelle is a lawyer, unfortunately, most lawyers don't have a very good stereotype. Business folks do think about profit more...but honestly, when a country government is overspending...I would prefer a businessman and since there is no one to sue...a lawyer will not correct that.

The difference between the sexes is nothing to sneeze at. It is what it is...a difference. A woman can not be too manly nor too emotional. She would have to have it all together. Would Michelle run in 2020? Not a chance! She is intelligent and would not waste her time. Same with Oprah... To savvy and intelligent.

I believe that the DNC even recognizes that unless something happens to Trump...he will win the 2020 election. They cannot afford $$$ to really run any legitimate candidate this time around. They have to get their eggs in a roll and spear head the 2024 election since the odds will be in their favor. Especially, if Americans become complacent with having a good economy for a few years. They often tend to feel more charitable.

Now, if only the democrat voters would realize that their party are not really doing anything....we can just get on with focusing on 2024 without all the diatribe media bs and name callings. Personally, I am looking forward with interest to 2024...2020...Meh!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join